Monday Summary & Thanks (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I've got to say on Monday, from start to finish, everyone played their part in the day and I'm never going to forget that day out at Wembley. The atmosphere from the train, to the Green Man, to the green park, to the ground, was just sensational. I had numerous texts from people at work, ex-colleagues etc wishing me good luck and congratulations and I was well and truly proud to be a City fan on Monday.

I wanted however to thank the man who I will happily say is the best manager I have seen at CCFC in my lifetime, Mark Robins. Since he's come back to the club, he's beaten our Top 6, Play Off, Promotion and Big Crowd Hoodo, whilst managing to get the most amount of points in our history. He's also managed to achieve this whilst losing his assistant manager to illness and two of his key players, that can change games at this level.

Also, this season, Robins has come out and put his balls on the line and said McNulty could get 20 a season and we were the best footballing team in the league and he's been proved brave and right every-time - despite the backlash he's had from a large number of our fans, calling for a taxi threads etc. The man deserves credit where credits due.

Most importantly though, Robins has got us moving back in the right direction, which no other manager has managed to do since we were relegated in 2001 and he has managed to re-build the connection with the players and the fans. I was desperate for us to win on Monday and considering all the pressure we were under, our second half performance was breathtaking and the lads deserved it. There seems to be something about Robins and CCFC and he's the perfect fit. I went back to Cov rather than Leamington after the game and I really hope that anyone that saw Robins bought him a beer!

Final note, thanks for this season also to everyone on here, I've enjoyed the banter throughout the season and the squabbling about tickets, smoke bombs or who was shitter Slade or Venus! See you all in August. PUSB

covcity4life

I've got to say on Monday, from start to finish, everyone played their part in the day and I'm never going to forget that day out at Wembley. The atmosphere from the train, to the Green Man, to the green park, to the ground, was just sensational. I had numerous texts from people at work, ex-colleagues etc wishing me good luck and congratulations and I was well and truly proud to be a City fan on Monday.

I wanted however to thank the man who I will happily say is the best manager I have seen at CCFC in my lifetime, Mark Robins. Since he's come back to the club, he's beaten our Top 6, Play Off, Promotion and Big Crowd Hoodo, whilst managing to get the most amount of points in our history. He's also managed to achieve this whilst losing his assistant manager to illness and two of his key players, that can change games at this level.

Also, this season, Robins has come out and put his balls on the line and said McNulty could get 20 a season and we were the best footballing team in the league and he's been proved brave and right every-time - despite the backlash he's had from a large number of our fans, calling for a taxi threads etc. The man deserves credit where credits due.

Most importantly though, Robins has got us moving back in the right direction, which no other manager has managed to do since we were relegated in 2001 and he has managed to re-build the connection with the players and the fans. I was desperate for us to win on Monday and considering all the pressure we were under, our second half performance was breathtaking and the lads deserved it. There seems to be something about Robins and CCFC and he's the perfect fit. I went back to Cov rather than Leamington after the game and I really hope that anyone that saw Robins bought him a beer!

Final note, thanks for this season also to everyone on here, I've enjoyed the banter throughout the season and the squabbling about tickets, smoke bombs or who was shitter Slade or Venus! See you all in August. PUSB
well said and 100% agree with that all

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

well said and 100% agree with that all

I really feel like this is the turning point we've been waiting for in all these years - lets capitalise on this and kick on and back Robins and the boys, this group deserve all the support they can get. Robins has finally broken all the curses and hoodos that have clouded this club for years and years. PUSB

covcity4life

I really feel like this is the turning point we've been waiting for in all these years - lets capitalise on this and kick on and back Robins and the boys, this group deserve all the support they can get. Robins has finally broken all the curses and hoodos that have clouded this club for years and years. PUSB
indeed

never seen the fanbase so positive,also the national media have remembered who we are

if we can get back to the championship most will be content,but the chances of new owners icnreases so much too, or heck sisu might rekindle the operation premiership motivation

i really hope robins is given backing to have a good go at league 1

Mucca Mad Boys

100% agreed. It’s in the past now, but it really makes you think what could’ve been had we managed to keep him in his first stint.

He’s not the best manager out there, but, he’s a perfect fit for the club. He’s pragmatic in the transfer market, he has utilised our talented academy and most importantly, it genuinely seems that the board and owners trust him to take the club forward.

The immediate rhetoric in the aftermath of this playoff win, from players and Fisher (representing the owners) is that we’re gonna ‘go for it’ in L1. As far as I’m aware, Robins hasn’t said anything on the subject atm, but I imagine what the players say is somewhat of a reflection of what MR is saying too.

The club is in a position now where it can project an optimistic view of where this club is going/wants to go to perspective players and indeed current players. Before, we were stagnant, hence players (like Fleck) would move on right away. I feel like this is different! We’ll keep our best players, with maybe the exception of Bayliss (hopefully at least get a loan back), and hopefully we’ll kick on as a club now!

I’m not calling for a love-in with Sisu, far from it, but if their rhetoric is about ‘building bridges’, maybe it’s time for more of us to come back and support Robins and the team. Obviously, healthy scepticism must remain from us, and the trust is far from being rebuilt, but, the lazy assumption of a conspiracy of ‘the great SISU sell off’ needs to stop based on recent history.

The Reverend Skyblue

Good post, but in the last paragraph you forgot to mention SISU, Wasps and the council who I think deserve an honorary mention who without them this site would be much poorer for.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Good post, but in the last paragraph you forgot to mention SISU, Wasps and the council who I think deserve an honorary mention who without them this site would be much poorer for.

I was trying to keep it positive but you're right!! Calling someone a Wasps/SISU Apologist on here is the SBT version of setting a grenade off!!

Gutted I've had to go back up North to work, I hope everyone enjoys the Open-Top Bus parade and gives the players/managers the thanks they deserve.

wingy

Yeah But which attire did you go for? ?:p

Big Chris

Well said, I totally agree too. I took my lad and my “Blue-nose” father-in-law for his first visit to Wembley in 40 yrs. (the only disappointment was the lack of “shit on the Villa” I had promised - perhaps due to the family-based crowd?). 3 generations going we all wore retro shirts and had an AMAZING day. Feeling positive and optimistic for the future for the first time since Dion, Gallagher and Ndlovu were playing.
PUSB

higgs

Well said we are a grumpy bunch but great banter aswell

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Well said, I totally agree too. I took my lad and my “Blue-nose” father-in-law for his first visit to Wembley in 40 yrs. (the only disappointment was the lack of “shit on the Villa” I had promised - perhaps due to the family-based crowd?). 3 generations going we all wore retro shirts and had an AMAZING day. Feeling positive and optimistic for the future for the first time since Dion, Gallagher and Ndlovu were playing.
PUSB

Robins has done extremely well and I was chuffed with the news yesterday that him and Viveash had signed new deals - Robins deserves it what for what he’s achieved this season and for what he’s been up against and it shows commitment to the club.

Secondly, it was easy to say this season, we have to get promoted. All of the relegated teams would of said that but Swindon- 9th, Port Vale- 20th and Chesterfield - relegated to the conference. Let’s give the man his credit!!

Liquid Gold

Hopefully now we've had a bit of success the management will get more time to put things right. No questioning his position after a few dodgy results. We've seen what the man can do, let him get on with it.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Hopefully now we've had a bit of success the management will get more time to put things right. No questioning his position after a few dodgy results. We've seen what the man can do, let him get on with it.

Agreed. I think we would all love to push for promotion next year but we need to try and be realistic. How many times did we finish in the top half in League 1 the last time we were in it?

We've had years of chopping and changing managers, with dismal results. Lets all get behind the manager and this team because since 2001, they're the only buggers that have achieved anything!!!

PUSB

steve cooper

Forget trying to be realistic, now is the time to be optimistic. We have the whole summer in front of us dreaming of back to back promotions, I think it can happen. Sod realism and worst case scenarios at the moment, lets think about what could happen and just enjoy it. Our budget is healthy according to MR, and there is an excellent chance of one or two transfer windfalls.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Forget trying to be realistic, now is the time to be optimistic. We have the whole summer in front of us dreaming of back to back promotions, I think it can happen. Sod realism and worst case scenarios at the moment, lets think about what could happen and just enjoy it. Our budget is healthy according to MR, and there is an excellent chance of one or two transfer windfalls.

I live in hope too!! I just don't want the lynch mob to come out from the woodwork after 7/8 games. It took a little while for us to get going this season let's not forget.

Transfer Windfalls - Yes, I hope so, I can't see Maddison staying at Norwich, I just think it's a matter of who gets him. From our perspective (with a 10% sell on clause), it's the perfect scenario - the longest transfer window and 3/4 clubs chasing him, it's (hopefully) going to be a case of who bids the most...why would Norwich accept 15 million from Leicester if West Ham are prepared to pay 17 million and have the time to do it? And in the meantime, Everton can get a nice, round bid of 20 million ready to gazump them both....wishful thinking eh!!!

I don't think Robins will see any of this potential windfall but if it's enough to shut SISU up - so we don't have to sell Bayliss or McNulty, then I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread