Moaning about the little things in life (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

I have a laid back female friend who is just dead cool about stuff. A million miles away from my missus.

One crumb on the floor in our house and it's a moan. Went round my friend Sarah's house and there was her teenage son eating beans on toast, sat on the sofa and when he spilled beans on the sofa she just laughed and said 'Oh there go the beans.'

Her house is a tip, mind. ;)

That's understandable though I think. If you spend 3 hours or so a day making your house look nice and someone compromises it through carelessness then you are probably upset. If you never clean anyway then "so what?"

Otis

The only time I feel the urge to complain about TV or radio is when I accidentally come across one of these Whinge-In programmes. They are always full of the most petty boring complaints and the BBC always concludes that "on balance we got it right".
Well that's what I'm talking about.

I hated the news coverage of Princess Diana's death, so what did I do? I changed channels! Why would I sit there watching something I didn't want to watch?

And that's what these people do, they watch the programme and then moan about it. Just change the channel or switch off.

Why feel the need to write in or phone and then travel to the BBC studios to appear in a programme to moan that the Beeb dedicated 17 mins to the death of David Bowie?

mechaishida

Whinging is part of our culture, these days. It's something we have successfully assimilated from our American cousins over the pond.

In fact, I once knew an American and she would whine and gripe over ANYTHING. It bordered on pedantic, tbh.

Samo

Well that's what I'm talking about.

I hated the news coverage of Princess Diana's death, so what did I do? I changed channels! Why would I sit there watching something I didn't want to watch?

And that's what these people do, they watch the programme and then moan about it. Just change the channel or switch off.

Why feel the need to write in or phone and then travel to the BBC studios to appear in a programme to moan that the Beeb dedicated 17 mins to the death of David Bowie?

Yeah that puzzles me. You get those puritanical types who complain about sexual content of a programme including a scene in the 59th minute! I'm thinking hmmm... you managed to struggle through the whole thing then!

Otis

Yeah that puzzles me. You get those puritanical types who complain about sexual content of a programme including a scene in the 59th minute! I'm thinking hmmm... you managed to struggle through the whole thing then!
You also get the Life of Brian scenario, where churches and council leaders wanted the film banned and some councils DID ban it and yet when asked about the film they said they hadn't seen it.

Samo

You also get the Life of Brian scenario, where churches and council leaders wanted the film banned and some councils DID ban it and yet when asked about the film they said they hadn't seen it.

The church, council or radio/TV banning something just means instant cult status! It's a Rock n Roll Badge of Honor! :D

mechaishida

May I moan about the fact I haven't had a shit for a week?

Don't care, I will anyway.

Spastic Bowel episodes strike again, doesn't matter how much water I drink or roughage I consume, zero on the crap-o-meter. I've taken drastic measures: 6 sachets of children's laxative.

Oh dear God, I'm taking about bowel movements...next comes the driving gloves, cardigan and inability to recall my kid's names. :eek:

Terry Gibson's perm

May I moan about the fact I haven't had a shit for a week?

Don't care, I will anyway.

Spastic Bowel episodes strike again, doesn't matter how much water I drink or roughage I consume, zero on the crap-o-meter. I've taken drastic measures: 6 sachets of children's laxative.

Oh dear God, I'm taking about bowel movements...next comes the driving gloves, cardigan and inability to recall my kid's names. :eek:

Wouldnt want to be in your house just after you finally go:eek:

bringbackrattles

This thread by Otis got me thinking do I moan and groan etc ? And it usually comes down to football as I get moody when we lose and even last night I snapped at an assistant in a local shop for some trivial reason,and now feel embarrassed as I go in there a lot and the woman is friendly,so if she says something I'll apologise for being a jerk.Other than that I've decided to chill out as I've got older as life is too short as many have already said.

oakey

I don't trust people who don't moan.
As Holden Caulfield would say, they're phonies. They are fakes who don't want to appear negative.
Inside they are plotting how to shaft or shank you.
:thinking about:

mechaishida

I don't trust people who don't moan.
As Holden Caulfield would say, they're phonies. They are fakes who don't want to appear negative.
Inside they are plotting how to shaft or shank you.
:thinking about:

Absolutely, a genuine moan or whinge is a sign, to me, that the person is honest and actually cares about the bemoaned topic. Phonies are so easy to spot though...

Monners

I enjoy a moan about every day trivia - proves that I am still alive. When something serious comes along, I like to think that I am quite calm and measured though.

Bloody cold today isn't it, and I have to walk down to the bank now! FFS!!

Users who are viewing this thread