mk dons 05/04/2014 (2 Viewers)

Anybody seen the Facebook campaign urging a protest for this game. Seems as though a few are up for it.

Kcic protest 5th April mk dons is the page

Gray

Oh the Advertise a pitch invasion on Facebook page. At least they'll catch SISU/Northampton police off guard with that ;)

Don't know why that game, but at least something's being planned. Although some people are saying they'll go on the hill but not inside

Noggin

Never setting foot inside of sixfields, can't think of anything more self defeating than paying the person you are protesting against so you can protest. Will happily attend any other well organised protest.

ccfc92

Never setting foot inside of sixfields, can't think of anything more self defeating than paying the person you are protesting against so you can protest. Will happily attend any other well organised protest.

agreed. will happily travel 180 miles to protest on the hill, but no way am I going in that ground.

plus, would the police/stewards want Cov fans in there to protest? to go from 1500 sheep to 7000 protesting fans, the smallest thing would kick off.

although it probably wouldn't to be fair, since when did Cov fans stand up and be counted :whistle:

HighfieldRoader

Now the protest has been advertised the Policing will be stepped up for the game. Sounds like it could become pretty nasty with City fans holding different views clashing. As they say on Dragons Den ''I'm out''.

Grendel

Is this game on April 1st - its a joke right?

Grendel

There isn't an issue with MK Dons is there?

No, protesting against franchise football with the team of franchise football as opponents is great.

Other than the fact 7,000 Coventry fans support franchise football.

Steve.B50

Heard thus rumour at the game yesterday, but told it was all hush hush.
Am sure Northants Police will be reading this now so no way anyone will get into the game.

Grendel

Am sure Northants Police will be reading this now so no way anyone will get into the game.

Lets be honest - we can't even get 17,000 people to take more than a minute of their lives to sign an e petition. So, really any talk of a mass protest won't be getting the police cancelling weekend leave.

Steve.B50

Lets be honest - we can't even get 17,000 people to take more than a minute of their lives to sign an e petition. So, really any talk of a mass protest won't be getting the police cancelling weekend leave.

Its nothing to do with me Grendel, just reading the thread and making a comment.
With regards to the police, I will imagine they will have extra numbers at game as soon as they read this rumour. But nothing compared to how many they will have against Wolves.

Gray

Not very hush hush if theres a Facebook group about it

Samo

There isn't an issue with MK Dons is there?

Yes there is an issue with MK Dons. As proud as I am of our away following in general, I was not one of the 7000. Ideal game for a protest, shame its been compromised.

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Seem to remember Shef united game how many of us were on the hill completely outnumbered by the police with more in vans? Forgot about the helicopter it was so funny I think they will be breaking out the riot gear and cancelling all leave.

letsallsingtogether

Yes really funny,

So lets keep spreading the rumours.:D

Seem to remember Shef united game how many of us were on the hill completely outnumbered by the police with more in vans? Forgot about the helicopter it was so funny I think they will be breaking out the riot gear and cancelling all leave.

Grendel

You mean three coppers turned up - what a waste of resource.

H

Huckerby

MK Dons is a club now and Wimbledon was re formed with AFC Wimbledon...there is nothing to be gained by boycotting their game. Our situation can still be saved.

Nick and Grendel you know it's completely different, don't understand your reasoning...

shmmeee

Now the protest has been advertised the Policing will be stepped up for the game. Sounds like it could become pretty nasty with City fans holding different views clashing. As they say on Dragons Den ''I'm out''.

Maybe that's the plan: create fake rumours of trouble to increase policing costs on Sisu and encourage Northants residents to complain.

They're that cunning right?

MichaelCCFC

There's a long list of names on the FB page - didn't read them all but Kev Monks is on, at least one hiller and at least one Trust board member so maybe this is one that will happen

NorthernWisdom

Just because you don't know or the small % of Cov fans on this site don't, doesn't mean that others are not involved. How many people in your eyes constitutes a protest?

My eyes think it's a bit stupid keeping a protest secret, so I'm not entirely sure why a facebook group and other publicity wouldn't be created so more could join in if they wanted to, and why this wouldn't be a good thing...

Unless it was a local protest for local people?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread