Minute silence (1 Viewer)

05rengla

Anyone know why it all kicked off?, who started it west ham fans or the city fans?

covcity4life

from where i was sat(block 17) it seemed like some WHU fans were saying stuff so some other WHU fans told them to stfu which led to cov fans joining in and then it goes for about 20seconds and gets lousder and more intense

fucking farcial, the cov fans who did it can pretend they were angry all they want,but in reality they didnt care bout the soldiors,they just wanted it to all kick off

probably the highlight of their day

05rengla

utter s c um, there was no need for city fans to get involve, as far as im concerned they are as much to blame as the west ham fans that were involved

PVA

some west ham fans were singing 'lets go f**king mental' during the minutes silence. Disgusting.

Admittedly it was only a very small minority and every club has them, but it's pretty low.

Otis

From what I saw it seemed to be West Ham fans in the concourse, probably unaware what was going on in the ground. Sure the noise came from there because stewards were looking down the fans entrance tunnel as soon as the noise started.

PVA

From another forum I post on:

As a West Ham fan, I was disgusted by it too. We've got some great fans, but we have a large array of absolute bellends too, I'll quite happily admit. Shouting out 'let's go f**king mental' during a silence for the Coventry blitz is about as low as it gets.

For some balance, though, it was two or three people shouting and once the silence was over the one I was near got an absolute bollocking from everyone around him.

Still, I would like to apologise on their behalf. It was embarrassing.

By the by, your support today was top notch. To have one corner making that much noise given the shit you've been through in the last decade was genuinely impressive - respect. Hope you can stay up somehow

rob9872

The irony being that it was for all of us despite being in Coventry but that seems to have passe dpeople by on both sides of the divide.

What is more laughable is the token gesture of holding it. Used the excuse of the first one after 11th which simply follows the outcry at a massive pr embarrasment of being the only club in the top two divisions not to hold a silence or wear a poppy on the preceeding weeks game which was actually closer to the day than today. Although of course they did add that it was for that monumental 71st anniversary of the Coventry blitz.I would have bought a card but I wasn't sure what was appropriate for 71 - utter fucktards!

ccfc2011

people who do that are idiots.

WestHamFan2011

I understand that some people where from the concourse and didn't know what was going on in the ground, as for the ones in the ground, vermin.

Think our lads should have waited to have a go back but can see why they bit. fair play to the west ham fans for telling them to do one and think west ham should find this scum and do them for incitement

stupot07

Think our lads should have waited to have a go back but can see why they bit. fair play to the west ham fans for telling them to do one and think west ham should find this scum and do them for incitement

Agreed - the hammers fans were telling them to shut up, there was no need for our fans to go off on one like they did as that was 20 times louder and ruined it. They should have waited until it finished.

SkyBlueAde

Agreed - the hammers fans were telling them to shut up, there was no need for our fans to go off on one like they did as that was 20 times louder and ruined it. They should have waited until it finished.

Absolutley how I feel on this too. West Ham fans making the noise were in the vomitory/concourse underneath the stand - they probably didn't know about the minute silence. In fairness, the West Ham fans already sat in the stand did try to silence them, but Cov fans (under the score board) piping up just made it worse.

rob9872

There definitly were some up top too as one "hard nut" shouted out that we were all facking norvern cants. I'm sure they were all proud of him.

torchomatic

It made me laugh that the City thickos made it twice as bad by having a go back. Dullards!

ccfcrob

so pissed off with idiotic cov fans today if they had paid attention instead of wanting to kick off they would have realised that the wewst ham fans were tellin their own to shut up cov fans were fucking idiots absolutely disgraceful

pusbccfc

I'm sorry but, if your in the concourse you can still hear a majority of what is going on up stairs, if it suddenly goes silent then you obviously know what's happening... Poor excuse if you ask me.

skybluesteve76

The Cov fans under the scoreboard made the situation loads worse I think. Should of vented their anger after the silence had finished. Numb skulls!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I blame SISU (honestly). Had they done the minutes silence in our last game, which would have coincided with every other Club in thr country who paid their respects then, this wouldnt have happened. They can use the excuse that they wanted to include the anniversary of the Coventry bombings, but I believe they only did it today as fans werent happy our fallen / currently fighting soldiers were not remebered in our previous game.

I also believe the minority of fans in the WH end didnt realise there was a moment of silence taking place, hence them walking up the concorse singing. I also agree Cov fans reacted, so they could get a reaction. If anything, the Cov fans who interupted the moments silence were in the wrong. Had they wanted to cent their own anger about the disruption, they should have left it until the end of the silent period.

:blue:

bamalamafizzfazz

An embarrassment for everyone involved but I have to admit I did stifle a laugh right at the end when a bird at the front of block 16 shouted, "Shut the f**k up you fat ginger c**t!". Priceless.

torchomatic

Jesus! Surely, even YOU cant blame SISU for this?!

It was a good idea to coincide with the Blitz and people should show respect regardless of when the silence is.

Have a go at SISU by all means but that was a pathetic excuse.

I blame SISU (honestly). Had they done the minutes silence in our last game, which would have coincided with every other Club in thr country who paid their respects then, this wouldnt have happened. They can use the excuse that they wanted to include the anniversary of the Coventry bombings, but I believe they only did it today as fans werent happy our fallen / currently fighting soldiers were not remebered in our previous game.

I also believe the minority of fans in the WH end didnt realise there was a moment of silence taking place, hence them walking up the concorse singing. I also agree Cov fans reacted, so they could get a reaction. If anything, the Cov fans who interupted the moments silence were in the wrong. Had they wanted to cent their own anger about the disruption, they should have left it until the end of the silent period.

:blue:

I also think the West Ham fans never heard it under the stand. Cov fans reacted when some West Ham fans shouted back at their own fans to shut up! Scoreboard fans should have kept quiet.

ccfc4ever

Just about sums some of our fans up. How can you blame SISU for fans not respecting a minutes silince. What a joke. Im sure there to blame for everything going wrong in the world atm.

Im not sticking up for SISU and dont agree with everything they are doing but stop being pathetic

jackmartin

Lol scoreboard fans should have kept quiet!!! They love the aggro it's very sad , I know loads of people who won't sit there anymore

Glen

Due to this appaling behaviour could we ask for the match to be replayed. Just a wish? But would prob still lose

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My grandfather was killed on the night of the blitz. He was just an ordinary bloke doing a nights work in a local factory in Spon End. His name is on the monument in London Road Cemetary.
If I had been at the match yesterday and heard slagging off during the minutes silence, I don't care who they were, they would be in hospital this morning. Bastards.

http://www.cwgc.org/search/certificate.aspx?casualty=3155558

Users who are viewing this thread