Miller to be made available in January (1 Viewer)

LB87ccfc

Shaun Miller has returned to Coventry City after completing his month-long loan at League One rivals Crawley Town.
The 27-year-old, who only joined the Sky Blues from Sheffield United in the summer, failed to find the net in his five games for the Reds whose manager John Gregory has stepped down due to health reasons, with Dean Saunders taking charge at Broadfield Stadium for the remainder of the season.
But Miller doesn’t figure in Steven Pressley’s plans, the manager revealing: “Shaun will be available for loan or a permanent move in the transfer window.
“I’ve had those discussions with him and it’s right, especially looking at the fluidity this season and fact that it has been frustrating to find the right blend and system to take us forward.
“I really liked the blend at the weekend and thought we played it really well against Fleetwood. It requires a certain type of striker to play that and Shaun isn’t that type of striker.”

Didn't Pressley say he was one of the best finishers he had seen when we signed him and impressed in training pre season.

Never given a chance, and is a goal poacher - something we do not have. Odd.

mrtrench

You have the answer in your post:

1 Miller is the best finisher SP has ever seen.
2.Miller doesn't fit with the way SP wants the team to perform.
3.CCFC is not scoring very many goals.

Conclusion: Pressley doesn't want to score goals. This must also be the reason that he shipped own-goal machine Clarke out. He wants to win the league with 0-0 draws.

CovLis86

There must be something else to it. If he was that great then the system would be tweaked to include him. Not netting for Crawley in his time there is probably a more accurate reason, to show that SP's comments are merely confidence boosters....that dont work.

ollyservetta

am I right in saying ,3 of our current strikers are on loans that finish in January, and sp has come out with that statement which is going to do fuck all for millers confidence, so that's 4 strikers we could loose .is this the plan for sp to only play one up front ,

ConnorDevine

The 'best finisher he's ever seen' thing is a red herring, watching Roy o Donavon in warm ups he looked like he had a real eye for finishing but we all know how that worked out on the pitch

Also a lot of pressley hate in this thread, who else is going to do better? Especially at this point in the season

ccfcway

Day he signed....

Pressley said: "I'm delighted to bring in Shaun Miller. He is a player whose situation we have monitored over the course of the summer.

"He has now trained with us for a ten-day period, in which he impressed us greatly. First and foremost, he is a player that possesses terrific work-ethic. He also brings terrific movement and finishing ability.

"He is at a great age of 26 and I believe he can become a prolific goal-scorer for this football club."

Users who are viewing this thread