Mike Dean (1 Viewer)

Adge

Family members received death threats after his VAR red card to Soucek on Sunday.
Dear oh dear! The lengths some people go over a game of football.

ccfc92

Completely agree that is out of order, but I wish the FA would reprimand refs more for poor performance.

Rugby has it right and the ref's seem to be 99% correct, whereas I'd estimate officials in football are about 75% correct.

Adge

I’m not sure he got the call correct-the amount of time it took him to arrive at the decision is a bit of a giveaway for me.
He may have made a mistake but it’s obviously unsettled him as he has now asked to come off the weekends games.

Frostie

I’m not sure he got the call correct-the amount of time it took him to arrive at the decision is a bit of a giveaway for me.
He may have made a mistake but it’s obviously unsettled him as he has now asked to come off the weekends games.

100% he made a mistake & 2 in a week is pretty poor but the overreaction is ridiculous.

Worth noting, he wasn't sending either Bednarek or Soucek off until told to have a look by the VAR.

I have a massive problem with this as it's already influencing the referees decision by basically telling him "We think you fucked up". They then show replays of incidents in slo mo which obviously exaggerate everything & the pressure on the ref to then give something he wouldn't ordinarily is simply too great.
They then trot out the line "the on pitch official has the final decision" but they've already undermined him.

Adge

100% he made a mistake & 2 in a week is pretty poor but the overreaction is ridiculous.

Worth noting, he wasn't sending either Bednarek or Soucek off until told to have a look by the VAR.

I have a massive problem with this as it's already influencing the referees decision by basically telling him "We think you fucked up". They then show replays of incidents in slo mo which obviously exaggerate everything & the pressure on the ref to then give something he wouldn't ordinarily is simply too great.
They then trot out the line "the on pitch official has the final decision" but they've already undermined him.
Think it was Lee Mason on the VAR on that game-hasn't been a top referee for some time if he ever was and as you know I'm not one to slate them.

Nick

Administrator
Don't agree with the death threats at all.

He is dog shit though with an inflated ego.

Adge

Na, reasonable as a Referee, but inflated ego most definitely.

David O'Day

A career of mistakes and an ego that means he has to make it the Mike Dean story every time.

It's about time awful refs were properly punished, he should not have been reffing an game after his performance in the united game against southampton.

Otis

To stop them becoming personalities, all refs should wear masks, so you have no idea which ref you have. Make it like "Through the keyhole", though in this case, it would be "Guess which Ref's the arsehole."

Frostie

I'd go Michael Oliver too.
Martin Atkinson isn't too bad, he seems to have actually improved as he's got older.

Nearly all of them will have some indelible stain next to them now though due to VAR controversies which really defeats the object as it was supposed to help them!

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

To stop them becoming personalities, all refs should wear masks, so you have no idea which ref you have. Make it like "Through the keyhole", though in this case, it would be "Guess which Ref's the arsehole."

New Saturday night ITV show. The Masked Wanker.

People screaming OFF! OFF! OFF! OFF! at them.

David O'Day

When was a referee last really punished for an awful performance?

As their ruling body doesn't help by justifying every fuck up they make.

lifeskyblue

Whilst I’m the first to criticise a refs decision in the heat of the moment and whilst I can never understand why, in my opinion, refs ‘always’ apply the laws less stringently to our opponents I have to say I have never felt a ref I’ve watched tried to cheat. Yes they have good games and poor games, they make wrong decisions, they get lambasted by one manager or another (frequently both) and every decision these days scrutinised from every angle.
Should they be punished for a few poor decisions? Perhaps players who have poor games should be punished more harshly by clubs. Wouldn’t it be refreshing to hear managers (and pundits) instead of complaining about the ref getting a 50/50 decision wrong own up to ‘picking the wrong team’, ‘playing the wrong tactics’, highlighting their own keepers fumble, defenders missed tackle, midfielders misuse of the ball or strikers fluffed half chance. Why must referees have to be near perfect when we frequently accept average (or worse) from the players?
As I said I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a ref cheat and yet every game I watch there are players diving, pulling shirts, stealing yards, conning and intimidating refs by getting in their face. We accept these behaviours as ‘they are part of the game’ but don’t accept refs making honest mistakes.
Yes Mike Dean got it wrong the other day and he needs to reflect on that and be debriefed on ways to improve. I’m sure his average performance over 90mins has less mistakes than the majority of the 22 players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Whilst I’m the first to criticise a refs decision in the heat of the moment and whilst I can never understand why, in my opinion, refs ‘always’ apply the laws less stringently to our opponents I have to say I have never felt a ref I’ve watched tried to cheat. Yes they have good games and poor games, they make wrong decisions, they get lambasted by one manager or another (frequently both) and every decision these days scrutinised from every angle.
Should they be punished for a few poor decisions? Perhaps players who have poor games should be punished more harshly by clubs. Wouldn’t it be refreshing to hear managers (and pundits) instead of complaining about the ref getting a 50/50 decision wrong own up to ‘picking the wrong team’, ‘playing the wrong tactics’, highlighting their own keepers fumble, defenders missed tackle, midfielders misuse of the ball or strikers fluffed half chance. Why must referees have to be near perfect when we frequently accept average (or worse) from the players?
As I said I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a ref cheat and yet every game I watch there are players diving, pulling shirts, stealing yards, conning and intimidating refs by getting in their face. We accept these behaviours as ‘they are part of the game’ but don’t accept refs making honest mistakes.
Yes Mike Dean got it wrong the other day and he needs to reflect on that and be debriefed on ways to improve. I’m sure his average performance over 90mins has less mistakes than the majority of the 22 players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If a ref is consistently poor nothing seems to happen to them but if a player is consistently poor they will lose their place in the team.

So your post falls down at every single point.

Adge

If a ref is consistently poor nothing seems to happen to them but if a player is consistently poor they will lose their place in the team.

So your post falls down at every single point.
Not true. They would get put back a level if they didn’t meat the required standard.

David O'Day

Not true. They would get put back a level if they didn’t meat the required standard.

No they really don't unless the standard is useless.

I'd love to see what a ref would have to do to get you to admit they were shite. over 15 dead at a guess

Adge

No they really don't unless the standard is useless.

I'd love to see what a ref would have to do to get you to admit they were shite. over 15 dead at a guess
I wouldn’t call any Premier League official “shite” as to get to that level you obviously have something about you/much the same as players.
What I will say though is the referees in the top flight has really stagnated over the last few years and the “Golden generation” of Webb,Clattenburg et al has long gone.
Atkinson, Marriner, Oliver, Taylor are probably the best of the bunch and maybe Pawson at a push.
Moss, Mason and a few others have maybe had their time-trouble is it sounds like there is not many pushing to come through. Paul Tierney probably been the pick.

David O'Day

I wouldn’t call any Premier League official “shite” as to get to that level you obviously have something about you/much the same as players.
What I will say though is the referees in the top flight has really stagnated over the last few years and the “Golden generation” of Webb,Clattenburg et al has long gone.
Atkinson, Marriner, Oliver, Taylor are probably the best of the bunch and maybe Pawson at a push.
Moss, Mason and a few others have maybe had there time-trouble is it sounds like there is not many pushing to come through. Paul Tierney probably been the pick.

Comparing them to the players is a joke. Top league refs are allowed weekly to be shite and nothing is done about it. Mike Dean has a history of ruining games because of his ego and he's still there.

Terry Gibson's perm

The problem with Mike Dean is that he hasn’t realised that people don’t go to watch him.

SBT

People who complain about referees are always, without exception, the most boring people in football. So long as they don't deliberately ruin the game (which almost never happens), I have no idea why people spend time and energy droning on about them.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
People who complain about referees are always, without exception, the most boring people in football. So long as they don't deliberately ruin the game (which almost never happens), I have no idea why people spend time and energy droning on about them.
Deflection usually. Striker misses a sitter, 'well the keeper shouldn't have even been on the pitch'. Lose 0-3, 'It was a defo penalty at 0-0'.

That's not to say in the heat of the moment I don't shout at the tv, particularly for bad fouls. Though I did genuinely lol at Da Costa's fall in the Watford game rather than appeal for a pen 😬

Users who are viewing this thread