Mikael Forssell to Coventry City? (1 Viewer)

sadareno

Hello everyone. I'm a fan of Osasuna (Spain) and follow with great interest the British football, I think the best league in the world (Premier, Championship, League One etc. ...) I have read and heard that Coventry City are interested in signing striker Finnish Mikael Forssell, that's true? To me is a player I like very much and I think you can help with your goals to return to Championship. Good luck and greetings from Spain

Glen

How old is he now and do we need more strikers surely defenders an possible defensive midfielders

Diehard Si

He is a free agent, and would be a good addition to the squad, however I find it hard to believe that if it was on the cards, someone over here might have also heard about it.

Although saying that, every man and his dog was making predictions who the other striker was, loads claiming to be in the know, and in the end we signed someone that NO-ONE predicted.

Sawyer

Sounds interesting, but how many attacking options do we need? All good bolstering attack, but loosing Keogh and Cranie wouldnt we rather secure a solid CB? Especially after getting Fleck and Elliot.

oakey

IMO we desperately need another quality striker, or 2.
In the last year we have lost King, Juke, Eastwood, Platt and Clarke-Harris (from the pool of youth players). Loanee, Nimely has gone too.
We have brought in only Cody and Elliott ... Fleck is a midfielder, as far as I know.
So, by my reckoning we are 2 players light still in attack.
Yes the defence is light but we at least have Cameron and Willis coming through the ranks.
When was the last time we produced a striker? McSheff aside was it Livingston in the 80s?

KersleyDigs

I'm all for bringing in more attacking options. It would just mean that Jeffers, ROD will be out the door!

We only have Cody as an out and out striker. Fleck, Elliott & McSheffrey also play in midfield too

junglej13

He was at Leeds last season and was absolutely shite. He is very much a spent force. To be honest this is the sort of player I think would be a mistake to sign. Much rather us take a gamble on someone who knows this League or even someone stepping up from League 2.

wingy

He was at Leeds last season and was absolutely shite. He is very much a spent force. To be honest this is the sort of player I think would be a mistake to sign. Much rather us take a gamble on someone who knows this League or even someone stepping up from League 2.

Like James Collins hopefully they've still got one of those on the list.

junglej13

We were always linked with lee barnard who used to be at southend. Cant see him getting much game time at southampton this year. He is under contract though.

skybluebeduff

APP GLS
2004–2005 Birmingham City (loan) 4 (0)
2005–2008 Birmingham City 65 (13)
2008–2011 Hannover 96 44 (7)
2011–2012 Leeds United 15 (0)
2012- Anorthosis Famagusta F.C. 0 (0)

Anorthosis Famagusta FC look like they've signed him, and with that scoring record no thanks :wave:

mark82

APP GLS

Anorthosis Famagusta FC look like they've signed him, and with that scoring record no thanks :wave:

Saw Anorthosis on his wiki but can find no other proof he has signed for them.

aodea

Not sure he is the player he was. Failed to make an impact at Leeds would rather see Coventry try to get someone else. however as we are prob done in the market now after signing two players i would take anyone to bump up the squad. To be honest delighted with what we have done so far think this kind of signing would not be that benificial but would not complain at anymore players being added to the books. If the price is right (free).

kg82

APP GLS

I swear he was at palace for a bit as well?

Users who are viewing this thread