Mifsud (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Where did he go in the end?

Nick

Administrator
He is playing for that high flying Premier League team that is Qormi FC ;)

I bet he wishes he hadn't been a cock with Bristol City now!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Still reckon his pace would be handy for us

stay_up_skyblues

To be fair he looked shit hot until he was stuck out on the wing, then he was just shit. The initial burst of pace to run onto a poor peice of control worked wonders when all he had to do was shoot on goal after, as he couldn't really dribble or cross, nor did he have the strength to really hold off a defender he was the last person you wanted to see out wide.

Talk about a fall from grace though, a prime example of what a shit attitude and poor advice gets you in the game!

GaryPendrysEyes

We can give him stick now-- but he was the last player to give us something approaching excitement/entertainment when the ball was (usually) hoofed to him. Cov fans HAD a tradition of having a 'flair player'-- he was the last one...

Nick

Administrator
To be fair he looked shit hot until he was stuck out on the wing, then he was just shit. The initial burst of pace to run onto a poor peice of control worked wonders when all he had to do was shoot on goal after, as he couldn't really dribble or cross, nor did he have the strength to really hold off a defender he was the last person you wanted to see out wide.

Talk about a fall from grace though, a prime example of what a shit attitude and poor advice gets you in the game!

Didn't he score most of his goals out wide though?

Walking Bird

Can't diss him to much, ok he ended up dissapearing up his own arse but i won't forget some of the quality goals he scored & that night at Old Trafford.

SBAndy

If I recall correctly, he did get most of his goal playing as a wide striker. However, after Dowie was sacked and Coleman appointed he was used more as a wide midfielder, which was a shit decision.

Naahhhh he was found out in the end, elephant like first touch as per the above post and looked very lightweight in the end. It was funny to see his ego reach outa space when he was looking to move to Bristol, bet that cost him a lot of money in the end. Cock of the highest order IMO.

Walking Bird

Also he was never the same after Adebola was sold..
But as i said earlier vanished up his own arse

Dinyull

How depressing is it that we look back to Adebola and Mifsud fondly even though we/ they were just as shite back then as we are now....

sky_blue_up_north

Yes he scored most of his goals from a wing position... was exciting in his prime, never forget the goal at United, however that was the beginning of the end, his head just got to big and he thought he was world beater

Pigeon

Adebola - A player that most people naturally liked, guaranteed to get you a goal. Had a catchy song as well. Generally cared about the club as well
Misfud- One of those players that used to annoy you, mainly for claiming that the prem were going to snap him up and then got a goal that won the game.

Skybluedar

We can give him stick now-- but he was the last player to give us something approaching excitement/entertainment when the ball was (usually) hoofed to him. Cov fans HAD a tradition of having a 'flair player'-- he was the last one...

I echo your sentiments. I was only thinking this myself recently. The last players we had to actually get excited about were Mifsud and... Kevin Thornton. In Coleman's first game in charge against Leicester where we won 2-0 he came on for Hughes when he went off after getting a smack of the ball in the face. (Nice one Marcus :p) He was immense. I believe that was his last good game for us. He assisted Leon Bests goal and looked really dangerous on the ball but Mifsud had pace. His goal against Blackburn in the cup showed he had the potential to beat players and run at pace dribbling but instead of working on moulding himself into the finished article, he got too held up with a big contract in the PL and the hype killed him before he even had a real reputation. Sad thing is we have never replaced him and we are still crying out for that sort of player... maybe next year...

skyblu3sk

I do get a tinge of excitement when king plucks the ball out of the air, something about a good first touch that makes you think they could go on to do something.

Users who are viewing this thread