Mifsud (1 Viewer)

mark_ccfc

If I remember rightly the West Brom game was the end of a purple streak for Mifsud. In Sept 2007 we played Man U in the league cup, my brother went to that match and said Mifsud had their defence tied in knots. We won 0-2 and Mifsud scored both goals.

Unfortunately after the West Brom game he got too big for his boots and lost favor with the manager (Coleman?) and anyone he tried to do a deal with. Could have been a great talent if he had built on that season instead of disappearing up his own arse.

I believe he ended up back in Malta for the rest of his career after leaving us on a free.

SBAndy

He was supposed to go to Bristol City but Gary Johnson called the deal off as he’d never come across a player with such wild demands. I think he may have been playing on his hero status in Malta

There were rumours at the time he wanted a helicopter to training in his contract.

Liquid Gold

He was supposed to go to Bristol City but Gary Johnson called the deal off as he’d never come across a player with such wild demands. I think he may have been playing on his hero status in Malta
I heard it was the other way round, Mifsud called it off because he wanted a PL move.

CJ_covblaze

His red card was in the 0-4 against WBA at the Ricoh. His first game back after the 3 game ban was when he scored two when we won 2-4 at the Hawthorns. Robinson got sent off. The games between us that season had 15 goals and 3 red cards. Should’ve been 4 too as Kiely caught the ball around 2 yards outside his area in the 2-4. That team was probably the best we’ve faced in the league since PL relegation.

pusbccfc

Users who are viewing this thread