MiFi (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Just moving house and Virgin can't come and install for a week, because of Christmas. Has anyone tried or used any of the 4g Mobile WiFi/Mifi? I think signal should be pretty good, its for the kids iPads, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Haven't used one of those, but in theory it should be like using tethering from the phone so should be OK.

It might get hammered though from apps updating etc.

skybluesam66

took one on holiday one year - worked fine. In fact even when it was in the hold on the plane and still must have been left on, I was still connected for quite a while before we took off

Grendel

Just moving house and Virgin can't come and install for a week, because of Christmas. Has anyone tried or used any of the 4g Mobile WiFi/Mifi? I think signal should be pretty good, its for the kids iPads, etc.

Hotspot off your phone you mean? Yeah works perfectly well on up to 3 devices I’ve found.

Nick

Administrator
You can get little boxes now that plugin to save doing it through your phone. It effectively does the same thing.

stupot07

You can get little boxes now that plugin to save doing it through your phone. It effectively does the same thing.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I've ordered a box, and you can get sim only 1 month. I'd use my phone but I usually use up most of my data. Will need to pop into town and get a sim.

Colin1883

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I've ordered a box, and you can get sim only 1 month. I'd use my phone but I usually use up most of my data. Will need to pop into town and get a sim.

3 £35 a month

All you can eat data

Always fast enough to stream something

stupot07

Thanks guys! Had Virgin around to complete the installation from the house move. Ended up with a 1 month 40G contract for £30. That tied me over nicely, only got about 6G left and its only been a week!

Users who are viewing this thread