Micky Quinn Talk sport (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Anyone hear Micky's comments this morning about being the second highest wage earner at a relatively small premier league club in 1992 and he was on £2,000 per week and after he left, the year after, with sky money etc starting to kick in, the highest at the club was Gary McAllister on £25,000 a week.
He said he wished he had been playing a few years later.

Evo1883

I like quinn always has a good thing to say about coventry , he enjoyed his time here judging by twitter comments he makes , another person that loved it here was mr huckerby always following our progress .
but yes the difference sky has made to wages over the years is huge , and also the cost of our subscriptions

torchomatic

and the cost to smaller football clubs.

but yes the difference sky has made to wages over the years is huge , and also the cost of our subscriptions

torchomatic

Greggs

The question is, who was the highest earner when Quinny was here?

torchomatic

No wonder we couldn't survive when we were paying players 25K over twenty years ago.

skybluelee

I thought it was reputed that Dion signed a £16K per week contract in 1998 with us to make him our highest ever wage earner? I could be dreaming that but the figure sticks in my mind for some reason.

fernandopartridge

Anyone hear Micky's comments this morning about being the second highest wage earner at a relatively small premier league club in 1992 and he was on £2,000 per week and after he left, the year after, with sky money etc starting to kick in, the highest at the club was Gary McAllister on £25,000 a week.
He said he wished he had been playing a few years later.

He said £1600 in his book iirc. Not exactly a pauper tbf.

kg82

I could've sworn he joined us at the start of the sky era? Or was it the season before?

fernandopartridge

Not sure what the cost to the smaller clubs in the PL has been, posted on another thread that as of last season, all of the PL teams were in the top 40 richest clubs in the world, mainly due to Sky.

The cost to smaller clubs is massive as player wages have been driven up. The wage demands trickle down even where the TV money doesn't.

stupot07

The cost to smaller clubs is massive as player wages have been driven up. The wage demands trickle down even where the TV money doesn't.

Yeah, and you only have to look at the debt of the majority of smaller clubs in and out of the PL. We're a fine example of that the amount of debt we dropped out the PL with.

It's also changed the way fans view clubs and spending in particular, talk sport are always banging on "such n such should go out a spend £20m on this striker", etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

coop

I was behind mick quinn at the race's when he was playing for city he put £500 on a horse and it didn't win.

Users who are viewing this thread