Micky Adams Book (1 Viewer)

PurpleBin

Anyone read it? Does he touch much on his time at City?

fellatio_Martinez

I've read it, he does mention his time at City. He comes across as quite bitter really, akin to his responding in the 3rd person in interviews.

I can't imagine why Mickey Adams would be bitter. After his meteoric rise to manager of Sligo town, Mickey has retired from football safe in the knowledge that he's seen and done it all.

Said Mickey Adams.

Reactions: vow

wingy

I liked him both as a player and as manager.
Was it all the 'You don't know what you're doing ',at Barnsley I think that partially did for him followed by Gary Jonstones Bristol City turning us over 3-0 at home?

scottccfc

and getting demolished at Leicester away, whole away end chanting "adams sort it out" don't think that would help his memories of being at the City

Adge

I liked him both as a player and as manager.
Was it all the 'You don't know what you're doing ',at Barnsley I think that partially did for him followed by Gary Jonstones Bristol City turning us over 3-0 at home?
Yes that was the straw that broke the Camels back. I remember the week before when we were 3-1 down at Bristol City and I think Strrn John got a late leveller to get the reply. I then remember tits like Stephen Hughes not playing for him in that game along with a couple of others and his fate was sealed.
Can’t argue with the fact that he has been the highest finish with a team since the drop out of the top flight.

SlowerThanPlatt

Who’s is the best autobiography to read regarding Cov?? preferably prem years-2018

I enjoyed reading Leon McKenzie’s, books I’ve read of former Cov players tend to skim past us but he went a little in depth.

Not an autobiography but I bought Rick Gekoski’s ‘Staying Up’ which is an account of our 97-98 season where he got access to all areas of the club. Haven’t got round to reading it yet but the reviews are good

fernandopartridge

I enjoyed reading Leon McKenzie’s, books I’ve read of former Cov players tend to skim past us but he went a little in depth.

Not an autobiography but I bought Rick Gekoski’s ‘Staying Up’ which is an account of our 97-98 season where he got access to all areas of the club. Haven’t got round to reading it yet but the reviews are good
Staying Up is a good read

M&B Stand

Yes that was the straw that broke the Camels back. I remember the week before when we were 3-1 down at Bristol City and I think Strrn John got a late leveller to get the reply. I then remember tits like Stephen Hughes not playing for him in that game along with a couple of others and his fate was sealed.
Can’t argue with the fact that he has been the highest finish with a team since the drop out of the top flight.

Signing Kevin Kyle wasn’t a managerial masterstroke either.

Adge

I’ve read that some time ago and was a little disappointed-from what I remember I though it would be a bit more revealing and his implied that they were uncomfortable and mindful when he was around. Understandable I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread