Michael Doyle (1 Viewer)

steveccfc

I was just reading that Doyler has been released from Sheff Utd, would anyone have him back up here? I personally wouldnt mind seeing him back in sky blue again

covboy9

was a loyal servant but as soon as he thought he was a playmaker he was crap, was decent box to box early but has been shite for years now

Hobo

No thanks was glad when he left last time.

LB87ccfc

Are we going to have a thread for every former player who is released during the summer.

We need someone like Doyle but maybe not Doyle. That was a massive problem last season, no one wanted to put a foot in.

ptr

Would have him back at least he gives a dam when a plays. Scores now and then as well

Kingokings204

No no no and no.

One part of one of our worst midfields I've ever known. How he and Hughes played so many games for us is beyond me!

Word for word my thoughts

And people wonder why we never challenged the play offs

shy_tall_knight

No, the fact he is better than anyone in our current midfield just demonstrates how bad our midfield was last season. Hughes & Doyle bring back bad memories.

stupot07

Not sure. Too many fans hate him and he does turn 34 in the summer, but his record and experience in league one decent (yes I know it's a team game).
Leeds -
09/10 - 2nd automatic promotion
Sheffield United -
11/12- 3rd in the play offs, reach play off final.
12/13- 5th in the play offs
13/14 - 7th
14/15 - 5th in the play offs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Rochdale had a little terrier in midfield thought he was terrific great energy turning defence into attack

Great player he is can't think of his name ran the show at there place earlier in the season, would command a fee so will join a club with a decent budget and ambition.

rupert_bear

Ffs every ex player who becomes available we should sign, Eustace and now Michael Doyle, we will be known as the legends eleven, anyway regarding Doyle my betting is he is Port Vale bound, gets on really well with the manager there.

LJC_CCFC

Not sure. Too many fans hate him and he does turn 34 in the summer, but his record and experience in league one decent (yes I know it's a team game).
Leeds -
09/10 - 2nd automatic promotion
Sheffield United -
11/12- 3rd in the play offs, reach play off final.
12/13- 5th in the play offs
13/14 - 7th
14/15 - 5th in the play offs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yeah it's a not sure from me too. On the one hand I think he could do a job for a year, but I feel we should be looking for better.

slowpoke

They have released him as he's getting on a bit now and was becoming a sub for Sheffield United and not regularly starting. His age being a factor too he's only going to get slower. I would say no for these reasons I didn't mind doyle as a player but would feel as a backwards signing rather than a positive signing for the club

James Smith

To be honest I think he's probably a bit old now and hence why the Blades are releasing him. Also how many cards did he get whilst with us?

chiefdave

Christ no, are we trying to put together a team of players who were shit the first time they were here?

slowpoke

Ffs every ex player who becomes available we should sign, Eustace and now Michael Doyle, we will be known as the legends eleven, anyway regarding Doyle my betting is he is Port Vale bound, gets on really well with the manager there.
The only reason he would go there is to ask for his teeth back.

Nonleagueherewecome

Word for word my thoughts

And people wonder why we never challenged the play offs

Well the last time we were in a position to, he was key to that with his ball-winning. And when he was given away by SISU in January, our season fell to pieces. But no, you just carry on with your prejeduced view rather than looking at facts ;)

Grendel

Well the last time we were in a position to, he was key to that with his ball-winning. And when he was given away by SISU in January, our season fell to pieces. But no, you just carry on with your prejeduced view rather than looking at facts ;)

What season was that?

torchomatic

And it gives me a chance to post my photo again:

attachment.php

Ask Torchy!

I wouldn't. Need to be looking for better quality.

Attachments

• Doyle Torch.jpg
    Doyle Torch.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 258

Users who are viewing this thread