Michael Douglas the next to have sex claim made against him (1 Viewer)

Grendel

What did he do? Stroke a knee under a dinner table in 1975?

Otis

This is getting ridiculous now!
Thing is, anyone can just come out and say anything and damage is already done.

It does worry me that actors are being dropped from shows based on an accusations, but with nothing proved.

Careers are going to be damaged and even if cleared down the line their career could still be in tatters.

Nick

Administrator
There was stuff about James Franco the other day, basically he was texting girls saying to go to his hotel for sex and it was outrageous.

clint van damme

Thing is, anyone can just come out and say anything and damage is already done.

It does worry me that actors are being dropped from shows based on an accusations, but with nothing proved.

Careers are going to be damaged and even if cleared down the line their career could still be in tatters.

and it's also diminishing the severity of genuine cases. Problem is, with this type of crime/accusation it's so often one persons word against another.

Otis

and it's also diminishing the severity of genuine cases. Problem is, with this type of crime/accusation it's so often one persons word against another.
And so long ago in the past. This Michael Douglas one is from 30 years plus ago. How could you possibly defend that anyway?

Nick

Administrator

That's the thing.

It dilutes actual sex attacks when there is anger stirred up about somebody texting a woman to try and get her to go to his room for sex or somebody putting their hand on a leg / shoulder.

shmmeee

There was stuff about James Franco the other day, basically he was texting girls saying to go to his hotel for sex and it was outrageous.

To be fair it was underage girls.

Edit: hang on, might have been thinking about Woody Allen. I’m losing track.

shmmeee

That's the thing.

It dilutes actual sex attacks when there is anger stirred up about somebody texting a woman to try and get her to go to his room for sex or somebody putting their hand on a leg / shoulder.

They’re two different things aren’t they? I mean lynching black people is a different from having a gollywog doll, even if they’re both racism.

You need something to differentiate between a creepy old guy/a date rapist/a guy to wears women’s skin as a hat.

shmmeee

I think James Franco they were 17. Not sure on the age over there.

Yeah 17 is underage there, I think he plies them with drink as well.

Funny thing isn’t it? Here it’s all be perfectly legal, over there he’s a pedo.

Otis

Yeah 17 is underage there, I think he plies them with drink as well.

Funny thing isn’t it? Here it’s all be perfectly legal, over there he’s a pedo.
The age of consent in the Philippines and Angola is 12 and it's 13 in Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread