Messi or Ronaldo (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

For me it has to be Ronaldo.
His pace, strength/power, aerial threat, and most of all the way he can hit a ball is insane!
Messi admittedly is great on the ball and can pass but his weak foot isn't up to the standard of Ronaldos weak foot.

Over the last year I believe he has slowly took his place at the top of the world rankings.

Messi easily. Ronaldo is a gifted athelete, Messi is an incredibly gifted Footballer, but the big difference is the work rate for the team, didn't see Ronaldo chasing back once tonight whereas Messi closes down and chases back
Like his life depends on it!

Cooksta94

Yeah, it's Messi for me also. Ronaldo is in a different league compared to Messi... The one below him that is..

C

Clive Plattini

I would say Messi as well. But I would also have Iniesta up there. Probably the most technically gifted player in the world right now.

Benkilby1

I can't compare both!!! compare them on what they are different types of players!!!!! As we are in the messi v Ronaldo catagorie can I add another one. Pele or maradona?? (Sorry for bad spelling)

kg82

Messi, all day long! In my opinion the greatest player ever. Sod this crap about not winning a World Cup! Cruyff didn't either but is largely regarded as the greatest innovator and one of the greatest players ever.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
MESSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronaldo is a smug git who needs a good slap! Can't stand him!

Sutty

Ronaldo is undoubtedly an incredible athlete. Pace, power, strength - in terms of physical attributes him and Ibrahimovic are the world's top two.

Messi however is just an incredibly gifted footballer. Wriggles through gaps, quick, deceptively strong on the ball, and the thing that really sets him apart - decision making.

There are some great players around at the minute - Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, Schweinsteiger, Ozil, van Persie, Silva, Neymar, Aguero, Thiago Silva, Ibrahimovic, Falcao... :eek: And some talented youngsters like Mario Gotze ready to take the world by storm. Great time to be a football fan.

wolfie

For me it has to be Ronaldo.<br />
His pace, strength/power, aerial threat, and most of all the way he can hit a ball is insane! <br />
Messi admittedly is great on the ball and can pass but his weak foot isn't up to the standard of Ronaldos weak foot.<br />Dont think it matters we won't get either of them.
<br />
Over the last year I believe he has slowly took his place at the top of the world rankings.
<br />
<br />

guicey15

Messi by a mile, Ronaldo had an absolute bucket load of chances not only last night but throughout the whole tounament and he hasn't taken anywhere as many as he should have. He missed some absolute sitters against Denmark! Whereas I always feel with Messi that even if he just gets half a chance, he will make the absolute most of it. I also think Messi creates more of his own chances, Ronaldo seems to rely on teammates much more to create his chances. Don't get me wrong Ronaldo is a superb footballer, but Messi is a league above.

Covstu

Agree with the masses, Messi all the way. His scoring rate is second to none and most of those chances he creates himself. Messi also has something that Ronaldo would never have and that is the ability to play as a team, Ronaldo is out for himself and therefore he will never become better than Messi on this basis alone.

1nilandwe...

Also, Messi tries to stay on his feet at most opportunities, even when desperate defenders are trying to hack him to bits. Can't really say the same for Ronaldo.

rob9872

Messi or Ronaldo

Maradona or Pele

Bell or Baker

The debate goes on

skybluesalex

Messi he is more sf a team player and his dribbling is out of this world. But still wouldn't get in cov squad carl baker to pip him to that

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Messi, no doubt about it! He is unbelievably talented and just gets on with it, taking it in his stroke. Ronnie on the other hand milks it at every opportunity and should have more goals this tournament than he has. His arrogance has gotten the better of him at times.

Put Messi in some of the positions Ronnie has been in and I reckon he'd have out away a hell of a lot more than Ronnie has

Macca

Prefer watching Ronaldo when he s at his best . Messi is at that annoying stage at the moment when if he so much as farts the world media collectively shoot their load

Tad

Messi. Ronaldo has got a lot of growning up to do.

Gaz

Messi is awesome and Ronaldo isn't anywhere near him.

Users who are viewing this thread