Message to Nick sub forum request !! (1 Viewer)

sky blue john

Hi Nick,
Any chance you can put a sub forum like we have for finance and board.
Dedicated to Thorn / Manager.
I feel the topic is to big and every thread is being ruined by Thorn bashing protestors. So can the little boys have there own forum for this so that the adults can have some civilised discussions.
Thanks much appreciated John.

Grendel

Hi Nick,
Any chance you can put a sub forum like we have for finance and board.
Dedicated to Thorn / Manager.
I feel the topic is to big and every thread is being ruined by Thorn bashing protestors. So can the little boys have there own forum for this so that the adults can have some civilised discussions.
Thanks much appreciated John.

Not another thread about Thorn - yawn, yawn, bore, bore...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rich

Great idea but you should've posted it in the technical help section. If you don't use the right sub sections, how can we expect others to?

Nick

Administrator
I was thinking this earlier actually. Could be an idea but then would people just moan about there being too many sections?

Gaz

In all honesty, it does seem like every thread tails off as a pro/antiThorn debate.

Grendel

There are currently nine live threads on here and 3 of them (including this one) are about Thorn.

The truth is this particular poster has an almost curious obsession with Thorn and wants everything negative said about him to be off topic, not posted, ignored etc.

Frankly the whole thing is perplexing.

On the phone in I would say at least 70% of the callers wanted to discuss the suitability of the manager. So you expect similar proportions on here.

He gives it away be saying that the children discuss the manager and the adults discuss other things. So Sky Blue John what would you like to discuss;

The weather
The state of the pitch
Our lovely new kit
Is the catering still as bad as last year

Because one things for certain - talk about football and someone might (heaven forbid) mention the manager and (shock, horror) may dare to say he is not suitable.

Grow up or go and join something less challenging - perhaps The National Trust have a forum for you?

Nick

Administrator
The thing is, people moan either way.

If we close them then people moan, if we dont then they moan.

If we close duplicate threads to keep the conversations in one thread they moan, if we leave 3 threads about the same thing open they moan.

If we move them to the correct sections, they moan, if we dont, they moan.

Can't win really...

Grendel

The thing is, people moan either way.

If we close them then people moan, if we dont then they moan.

If we close duplicate threads to keep the conversations in one thread they moan, if we leave 3 threads about the same thing open they moan.

If we move them to the correct sections, they moan, if we dont, they moan.

Can't win really...

There is one way to solve this of course.....:p

sky blue john

I was thinking this earlier actually. Could be an idea but then would people just moan about there being too many sections?

What is the saying " Great minds think alike "
I understand its a bit of extra work but must be worth a trial !
You will have the numbers to analyse but I would think its potentially turning off some users ?

Sick Boy

Would that mean there could no mention of him what so ever in the main CCFC forum?

Why couldnt we create a pro-thorn forum? There is this belief that the majority are pro thorn, which certainly is not the case.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Oh it isn't much work it is a couple of seconds to add a new forum :)

I was thinking of calling it the "Thorn's Archive" to keep everything (is thorn good enough) in.

Grendel

Check some other forums - do they ever talk about the manager - how about Blackburn?

sky blue john

Would that mean there could no mention of him what so ever in the main CCFC forum?

Why couldnt we create a pro-thorn forum? There is this belief that the majority are pro thorn, which certainly is not the case.

Lol This is exactly the reason why I made the request !!!! :p

Grendel

Lol This is exactly the reason why I made the request !!!! :p

I assume I am on your ignore list but anyway if not - what topics of interest would you like to discuss?

Grendel

Is this a one man decision making process - and one with a very obvious motive!

Gaz

When threads turn into Pro/anti Thorn debates, it's allways because someone has made a snide comment about Thorn.

As allways it's the minority that ruin it for everyone else.

:) thanks

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Surely posts about Thorn are directly related to the team itself and so belong in the main section?

What I'd suggest is rather than hide things we don't like, that some valid points and criticisms of him (because these exist) are actually acknowledged and discussed rather than instantly fobbed off as Thorn-bashing by little boys.

If something is a shitty troll thing for effect, isn't it better to report it and it then disappears leaving the 'adults' to continue on?

Grendel

When threads turn into Pro/anti Thorn debates, it's allways because someone has made a snide comment about Thorn.

As allways it's the minority that ruin it for everyone.

I suspect you do not even see the irony in that last statement

dongonzalos

I have to say I don't agree with having subsections.

Important information and debates are always missed by people. They always end up saying I did nit know there was another forum.

If a thread is entitled that it is about AT. Then those who do not want to debate should ignore it. Nit go in that thread whinging, about the thread.

The problem is some people turn other people's thread that are not about AT into susch a debate.
Unfortunately these debates often have silly comments in them about AT physical attributes etc...
Which always evokes a reaction from someone.

Creating a subsection just for AT wint solve the problem as it is not threads about AT that descend into that debate in the first place.

Maybe if the mods get a complaint that someone is leading an entirely different topic down this route.
The mods interviene delete the post from those people and tell them to start a new thread to continue their debate if they so wish.

sky blue john

If Nick was to analyse the threads and posts you would probably find that its the same say eight posters turning the threads into this debate every time and then multi posting.

Nick

Administrator
I know threads turn into Thorn In / Out but what are we meant to do?

Hopefully Thorn will come good and nobody will want him to go so it won't happen :)

dongonzalos

On the phone you get about the last ten posts on the new post section. Which only covers the last hour, so the new posts section isn't sufficient.

Personally, anything to do with cov city football club should be on one forum. Anything else should be another.

Having different sub threads about matters related to cov city football club be it the board, owners, manager or players is just bizarre. It is a pain in the bum on the mobile to have to keep checking different sub sections.

I think a lot of people now do use the mobile to have a look at what is happening. Just my personal opinion.

However as someone previously suggested maybe a poll about the need for subsections maybe an idea.

I got the impression previously that people were not happy that important ownership issues were going on another sub section.

WillieStanley

I use my phone, but I have the setting switched to DeskTop. It means that I can have the new posts, and have the ability to like.

Users who are viewing this thread