Message from Mowbray (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
MESSAGE TO SKY BLUES FANS FROM TONY MOWBRAY, AS HE BECOMES MANAGER ON A PERMANENT BASIS

Dear supporter,

I am delighted to have become Coventry City Football Club’s manager on a permanent basis.

My remit at the end of last season was to ensure survival in League One and, thankfully, we achieved that on the final day of the campaign at Crawley.

As I said at the time, that doesn’t constitute success for a club the size and stature of Coventry City, especially when I look back at the history and think of the likes of Big Killer lifting the cup, Gary McAllister pulling the strings in midfield and strikers like Cyrille Regis, Dion Dublin and Robbie Keane banging in the goals.

Now my job is to ensure we stop looking back and we can begin to look forward to a positive future.

So while, of course, League One safety wasn’t success it was the first step in the journey to seeing this club get back to where it belongs – which is at least in the Championship and, from there, the Premier League.

Football is all about hope and excitement and I want every Sky Blues supporter to look ahead to the new season with that feeling of optimism that this could be their season to enjoy a bit of success.

I saw at the end of last season that we have a passionate support that is ready to get behind their team when they see a spirit and desire to go out and win a game of football.

It is a journey which will include disappointments along the way but as long as we move forward as one, I’m sure this club can deliver a successful future, with you in it.

Maybe you’ve always had a Season Ticket and you’ll be coming back next season, no matter what. Maybe you need tempting back and I sincerely hope that my commitment to the club – after very detailed and lengthy discussions with the board and the owner where we discussed the blueprint for the club going forward – will be enough to spur you on to buy your Season Ticket for 2015/16.

I believe this is going to be a genuine team effort and you, our supporters, are going to play a big part next season.

We are beginning the process of building the structure that will help us deliver a successful team on the pitch so that you can enjoy the match-day experience on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening, and being a Coventry City fan again.

Let’s all enjoy the journey together,

Good work! Right step in the way of Marketing!

hill83

AsyvSQm.gif

mark82

Would be good to know a few more details now like backroom staff changes and how he expects to achieve success. It's clear to me from what he says that he thinks we can be promoted this year.

olderskyblue

giving invisible hill83 a BJ ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

whats he doing with this hand? Looks like he is milking something to me!

That's Farage in the background.

letsallsingtogether

I'm always optimistic.
Should I be more this season?
Well I for one will be for one more season give TM the benifit of getting us back where we belong.
Who knows maybe we can erect a statue of him outside our new ground:)
PUSB

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
No mention of bringing players in, getting a new scout, etc. It's all about buying season tickets. Was this REALLY penned by Mr Mogga? I doubt it.

Users who are viewing this thread