Mental Health (1 Viewer)

Skybluefaz

An anxiety sufferer here. Generally situational based (although it is a few situations). Causes me to get down a fair bit. Had a shit weekend with chronic toothache and I’m scared shitless of the dentist. Normally persevere without going but this time have signed up for a dentist for the first time in over a decade and now am absolutely bricking it about an appointment on Thursday. Doesn’t help that I’m terrible in the sun, so am dreading it even more going in when it’s hot. Urgh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The outcome of going to the dentist will leave you feeling much better. Might help to focus on that end result. You got this.

dutchman

I enjoy visiting my dentist 😜

KSP_5120.jpg

shmmeee

An anxiety sufferer here. Generally situational based (although it is a few situations). Causes me to get down a fair bit. Had a shit weekend with chronic toothache and I’m scared shitless of the dentist. Normally persevere without going but this time have signed up for a dentist for the first time in over a decade and now am absolutely bricking it about an appointment on Thursday. Doesn’t help that I’m terrible in the sun, so am dreading it even more going in when it’s hot. Urgh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate same. Didn’t go for over a decade. They didn’t give a shit. Was fine. You’ll be OK.

Skybluefaz

Dropped off a fucking cliff mentally this week. To be honest a lot of it has been driven by going back in to the office. It's financially fucked me due to other pandemic related factors, increased childcare costs being the biggy. Also, the commute back from Stratford is taking longer than it ever did. Working with cunts doesn't help either.

wingy

Dropped off a fucking cliff mentally this week. To be honest a lot of it has been driven by going back in to the office. It's financially fucked me due to other pandemic related factors, increased childcare costs being the biggy. Also, the commute back from Stratford is taking longer than it ever did. Working with cunts doesn't help either.
Sorry to hear that pal.

chiefdave

Took a couple of weeks off social media etc to try and improve my mental health, not sure it helped much to be honest.

Had my initial appointment / assessment a few days ago. Was supposed to be 30 minutes maximum but ended up being over 2 hours which probably isn't a good sign. Was interesting though and really highlighted how long term my issues have been, went back to things that happened in junior school and was told that if the same things happened now they would defiantly get picked up as a mental health issue and some action taken.

Been referred for therapy but was warned there's a 8 - 12 month wait, chap doing the assessment was very keen to make clear that's nothing to do with covid and everything to do with cuts to mental health services.

Just to add to the fun having never had them before I've started having panic / anxiety attacks - not entirely sure what the difference is. Only two so far and hoping there will either be no more or they were be rare because it was horrible. Had no idea what it was with the first one and thought I was dying.

On the bright side as the saying goes, things can only get better, although I've said that many times in the past about city and been proved wrong!

Skybluefaz

Took a couple of weeks off social media etc to try and improve my mental health, not sure it helped much to be honest.

Had my initial appointment / assessment a few days ago. Was supposed to be 30 minutes maximum but ended up being over 2 hours which probably isn't a good sign. Was interesting though and really highlighted how long term my issues have been, went back to things that happened in junior school and was told that if the same things happened now they would defiantly get picked up as a mental health issue and some action taken.

Been referred for therapy but was warned there's a 8 - 12 month wait, chap doing the assessment was very keen to make clear that's nothing to do with covid and everything to do with cuts to mental health services.

Just to add to the fun having never had them before I've started having panic / anxiety attacks - not entirely sure what the difference is. Only two so far and hoping there will either be no more or they were be rare because it was horrible. Had no idea what it was with the first one and thought I was dying.

On the bright side as the saying goes, things can only get better, although I've said that many times in the past about city and been proved wrong!
Well done for taking the action you have so far. Good to have you back.

Brighton Sky Blue

I have pinpointed others to this in the past but they really do great work especially for people like yourself waiting on for more help

2021 services: following lockdown and subject to current restrictions - CWMind

Even if they can't help directly they will know who can or where to look. Hang in there.

Greggs

Thought it'd be a good idea to stop Muay Thai and put all my attention and energy into my job, well that was fucking stupid, just turned into an angry c**t who hates his job. Back training now and feeling a lot better mentally and physically!
Hope everyone that is struggling finds a way to manage it.

clint van damme

Hope it all works out CD.
On the panic attack front, work with a lad who experienced a few out of the blue a few months ago.
Improved his diet and hit the gym and so far hasn't had any reoccurrence. Might be something worth thinking about.

Tea & Busquets

Thought it'd be a good idea to stop Muay Thai and put all my attention and energy into my job, well that was fucking stupid, just turned into an angry c**t who hates his job. Back training now and feeling a lot better mentally and physically!
I practice Karate myself mate hope all is well for you 👍🏼

Skyblueweeman

Nice to see you back CD. I mentioned you the other day on a thread as I hadn't seen you post for a while.

Well done for taking action...the journey starts now. If you ever fancy chatting to a short Irish guy who you don't know, just because it's someone different, the door/email is always open. Take care man.

Nick

Administrator

Was that the IAPT one?

chiefdave

Was that the IAPT one?
That's the one. Was expecting it to be fairly basic but he went pretty in depth. Not sure if its always like that as it was supposed to be 30 minutes but went on for hours!

Defiantly worth making the call but be prepared to wait for any follow up treatment if you need something more intensive than pre-recorded online courses.

AOM

I know it doesn't get to the root cause of the issue, but can never stress the benefits of regular exercise and a bit of fresh air for mental health.
Especially as quite a few of us spend a lot of time working from home nowadays

Glad you're feeling better

Users who are viewing this thread