meeting on thursday at ryton at 6pm (1 Viewer)

honestken

anyone going to this?

even if just to give fishface some stick?

anybody taking any baseball bats or owt?? :p

Otis

anyone going to this?

even if just to give fishface some stick?

anybody taking any baseball bats or owt?? :p

I have a baseball bat but I share it with a bloke from Walsall and it's his turn to have it.

Shame the meeting isn't next week.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

wingy

I have a baseball bat but I share it with a bloke from Walsall and it's his turn to have it.

Shame the meeting isn't next week.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Wonder how the Fixtures are going to read when they come out ,would be great if the first two were home and away too Walsall just to show what demand is like .

How many can we have for away ?/

I can't believe i'm saying that ,just too rediculous to be true,it won't happen surely.:mad: :(

lifelongcityfan

actually how will they stop us approaching the building? unless they have someone at the gate ticking names off. I sense a chance to disrupt proceedings...drive up , they refuse entry, i refuse to move etc etc. If the police come along I will put one part of myself into administration and claim it was nothing to do with me!!

italiahorse

Its obviously being staged at Ryton so they can limit the protest. Doesn't stop us being outside the gates though.

What do they want to achieve ?
If they ask people they like and get told its a great plan they are deceiving themselves.
Not one person has said they will be buying a season ticket with their plan.

My Guess
Season tickets for "Walsall" = 300
Season Tickets at Ricoh + Sisu = 5000
Season Tickets at Ricoh + New Owners = 7000

sw88

Chief Commentator!
actually how will they stop us approaching the building? unless they have someone at the gate ticking names off. I sense a chance to disrupt proceedings...drive up , they refuse entry, i refuse to move etc etc. If the police come along I will put one part of myself into administration and claim it was nothing to do with me!!

Anything like our own awards night, they'll have the orange coat umpa lumpa's on the gate!

Monkeyface

Think the least we can do as fans is show up in force to show how much this club means to us. I'm up for a bit of peaceful protesting, I feel the need to do something, can't help feeling I'll regret not trying.

RogerH

If there is a peaceful protest, there needs to be media coverage (preferably national as no coverage can be guaranteed from the SISU friendly CT and CWR).

I think there has to be a much larger campaign of action:-

1. There needs to be a large boycott of home games at Walsall (or wherever). This would increase the financial pressure on SISU and cause some them public embarrassment . It would cause questions to be asked on a national scale.
2. There should be encouragement to purchase no merchandise. Those, such as myself who live a long way away from Coventry, if they listen to games on the internet, should be encouraged to subscribe to another club's website "Player", thus denying SISU income.
3. Investigation should be carried out to establish what can be done, legally, to obstruct, delay or prevent any Planning Application for a new stadium. A brownfield site may be contaminated (remember at the Ricoh), a greenfield site might possibly be the site of a rare or endangered species (Natural England involvement), the Highways Agency will have issues regarding traffic flows, parking, access roads, that is before the inevitable protests from locals. I cannot see all this being sorted out in 3 years. It would be interesting to find out (possibly from an insider) what the Planners in the Council(s) likely to be involved think. How would a stadium fit in with the Unitary Plan ? What sort of relationship do these Councils have with Coventry City Council ?

mattylad

no one should attend these meetings if you have the club at heart, why give him a platform to spout more rubbish

Steve.B50

no one should attend these meetings if you have the club at heart, why give him a platform to spout more rubbish

If you we're invited (hand picked) and you turned up to meeting and 50 baying fans were outside would you still go in?
I bet he has some of his security staff on gate.
We need a plant in one of these meetings to make sure questions are asked?

Steve.B50

Remember, even if 10 people turned up and waited by gates it would cost SISU money for extra security, bet the press would be there?
We need to make sure they know we supporters are not just going to give up and go away.

honestken

If you we're invited (hand picked) and you turned up to meeting and 50 baying fans were outside would you still go in?
I bet he has some of his security staff on gate.
We need a plant in one of these meetings to make sure questions are asked?
fishface said last night on the radio that anybody is welcome to attend the meetings..........

quinn1971

fishface said last night on the radio that anybody is welcome to attend the meetings..........

Shouldn't the Trust be organising a protest or something.the voting on the poll closed at midnight last night. There's no point just a few people on here turn up.we need to have some numbers.your the voice of the fans so lets hear it.

Noggin

his words pretty much were, 1600 had written to him to ask about meetings, he had sent out emails inviting fans to attend, he then said anyone and everyone are welcome to attend and bring their questions..........

I thought he was saying we've had 1600 people who want to come and thats too many so we can't just have everyone coming so I've sent out invites by e-mail. He did then say everyone should come and bring their questions but I thought he was referring to those people invited. I guess we will see.

Honestly it boggles my mind that after all this time we still havn't heard Tim Fisher subjected to proper questioning by an informed person who is able to to question what he says. I thought Linnell was better than he normally is in that interview a few of his questions were very good, but he let Tim get away without properly answering them or answering with misleading spin that Linnell didn't question.

Hopefully it will happen at one of these forums.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I thought he was saying we've had 1600 people who want to come and thats too many so we can't just have everyone coming so I've sent out invites by e-mail. He did then say everyone should come and bring their questions but I thought he was referring to those people invited. I guess we will see.

Honestly it boggles my mind that after all this time we still havn't heard Tim Fisher subjected to proper questioning by an informed person who is able to to question what he says. I thought Linnell was better than he normally is in that interview a few of his questions were very good, but he let Tim get away without properly answering them or answering with misleading spin that Linnell didn't question.

Hopefully it will happen at one of these forums.
Of course it will:facepalm:
He'll also give properly reasoned answers as well:facepalm:
Remember the club is the most important thing:facepalm:
yes and I'm a brainsurgeon:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread