Media Hype? (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

CWR and CET
Seem far more positive about yesterday than the fans on here.
I couldn't go yesterday
So it's quite strange to see the contrasting views.
If I had just heard CWR summing up and read the CET review.
I would believe we are back on track and we were just very unlucky yesterday.
That is until I read this site?

Last edited:

mark82

CWR and CET
I couldn't go yesterday
So it's quite strange to see the constraining views.
I would firm we are back on track and was just very unlucky yesterday.

Losing at home to Rochdale, who are on a bad run, is not what a team that is turning things around does.

Otis

CWR and CET
I couldn't go yesterday
So it's quite strange to see the constraining views.
I would firm we are back on track and was just very unlucky yesterday.
Stuart Linnell was still talking in terms of a blip.

Have you ever heard of a blip that lasts nigh on 4 months?

Terry Gibson's perm

Did Andy Turner not give Fleck man of the match at Barnsley where as most fans thought he was the worst player on the pitch?

dongonzalos

Stuart Linnell was still talking in terms of a blip.

Have you ever heard of a blip that lasts nigh on 4 months?

Hearing them yesterday, they were talking about this been an improved performance.
Whereas the fans were not.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Depends on the performance
You can be unlucky in a game you deserve to win

Wasn't good minus AA working his backside off creating a couple of opportunities & 2 balls across the 6 yard box in the first half we didn't do much v behind Shrewbury & Bury the poorest side I've seen at the Ricoh this season.

stupot07

Depends on the performance
You can be unlucky in a game you deserve to win

We didn't deserve to win the game yesterday, we were very very average. Even Andy Turner gave RCC MOTM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ceetee

We certainly didn't deserve to win but I don't think we deserved to lose just taking that game on its own, but looking at how we played early season, then yesterday's performance deserved nothing.

I thought Fleck played better first half and drove forwards a couple of times, but then he went back to misplaced passes and mistimed tackles. Think it was a penalty but needless.

Bottom line is we are still trying to play the same game which caught out a lot of teams early season even though most have now realised how to frustrate us.

Terry Gibson's perm

He was no better yesterday & compounded his week by giving away a stupid penalty!

AA, Cole & RCC (who didn't have that much to do) I thought were the pick of a very poor bunch.

i did wonder who gave it away but haven't had the heart to ask or read anything on it thought Phillips might have been brought on to give it away:facepalm:

skybluepm2

I would take whatever Linnell and his dopey sidekick Eakin say, with the tiniest pinch of salt. They certainly didn't deserve to win in my opinion and a draw would've been a fair result. Looking back at the highlights we probably should have edged it.

Otis

We didn't deserve to win.

0-0 woukd have been just about right. Rochdale were even playing for 0-0 and taking the ball to the corner flags before they scored.

Fleck needs at least 1 point knocking off his rating due to the dumb challenge to give away the penalty.

stupot07

We weren't awful just very average and flat

Agreed, it certainly wasn't a "turning a corner" performance.

It's in Linnell's interest to big it up, as they want to keep the number of listeners up. If they're all doom and gloom, it's likely less people will bother listening to the next game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread