Media Coverage of Protest (1 Viewer)

mark82

What's with the lack of media coverage in the national press of the protests. 7000 people bringing parts of the city to a stand still yet nothing in the national media. Why? We're they not told or are they just not bothered?

Just worried this fantastic show of support will be lost without the right coverage. No good just being in the evening telegraph.

theferret

What's with the lack of media coverage in the national press of the protests. 7000 people bringing parts of the city to a stand still yet nothing in the national media. Why? We're they not told or are they just not bothered?

Just worried this fantastic show of support will be lost without the right coverage. No good just being in the evening telegraph.

Even the CT are reporting numbers of 1500 on Gosford Green, how wrong is that? Most of the pictures they are showing are from twitter - were they even there?

ccfcway

its been on ITV and BBC

Surprised Sky Sports News werent at it, they were all over the Blackburn one

ohitsaidwalker king power

email just sent to:

[email protected]

Dear Sir/Madam- there was a protest march today in Coventry where an estimated 5-7000 fans brought traffic to a standstill in a one mile protest march against plans to take their club from the city in the planned ground share move to Northampton.

Keep Coventry in Coventry was the raison d'etre of the march followed by numerous speeches from MP's and local personalities

http://imgur.com/W5yzXhl,1bY51it,33G...WNARFT,2xGsPIh

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rogere...7634722691708/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjHdAZQhB2A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF61lr5A3Mg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM2gwN64lKg
cleardot.gif

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

TBH I was not there to comment. However the pics i have seen and some of the tv coverage would suggest at least 4000. Well done to all who took part.

Samo

its been on ITV and BBC

Surprised Sky Sports News werent at it, they were all over the Blackburn one

Sky Sports have missed a trick. Probably looked at CCFC recent protests and thought.. It'll b 10 blokes and a dog! Having got it wrong and chosen not to cover it, theyve thought it best not to mention it at all. Shame.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I watched it on BBC Midlands Today via Freeview channel. Really proud! Made my heart swell! Massive thanks to every man, woman and child who turned out to represent folk like me who simply couldn't be there. "Thank You" one and all!

mark82

I watched it on BBC Midlands Today via Freeview channel. Really proud! Made my heart swell! Massive thanks to every man, woman and child who turned out to represent folk like me who simply couldn't be there. "Thank You" one and all!

My sentiments exactly. Just think its a shame the media aren't giving it the attention it deserves.

afterwards when in the car, i was listening to cwr for reaction, might have just been me but they just seemed interested in fecking cricket. cricket, the most boring sport ever

magic82ball

With all due respect BBC and ITV Midlands means nothing. Living in Essex I haven't heard a peep about this other than what I've seen on here. Nothing on their websites and certainly nothing on the news. Disappointing that such a great effort could be for nothing cos someone forgot to let the media know.

mark82

With all due respect BBC and ITV Midlands means nothing. Living in Essex I haven't heard a peep about this other than what I've seen on here. Nothing on their websites and certainly nothing on the news. Disappointing that such a great effort could be for nothing cos someone forgot to let the media know.

Same here in Yorkshire. Would at least expect sky sports to cover it.

sisu go home

The only way you'll get what you want will be to play them at their own game. Starve them of money and they'll have to sell - simple maths - but it will take shrewd conviction from the fans. The protest was an amazing show of empathy from Coventry, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to what must be done to break this stubborn and corrupt organisation running the show. All they listen to is money, let's deafen them.

dadgad

The only way you'll get what you want will be to play them at their own game. Starve them of money and they'll have to sell - simple maths - but it will take shrewd conviction from the fans. The protest was an amazing show of empathy from Coventry, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to what must be done to break this stubborn and corrupt organisation running the show. All they listen to is money, let's deafen them.

I think this would also receive tremendous media coverage if properly orchestrated.
Lets make it happen.

mattylad

the media dont work weekends but woukd be suprised I this is not on thhe Monday bulletins. More importantly it will send a message to those wavering on attending that if they choose not to they wont be alone.

rustyredline

The media work on weekends it's when most sport is observed and reported in thick sunday papers . no excuse maybe sky are sisu rent boys as well, if this was portsmouth they wouldn't shut up. This is sports news that has a massive effect on a city not Ian Holloway chatting shit or a groundhog on a golf course. We get less coverage on news than some non league teams.

Flying Fokker

BEST sport ever. Clearly a typo on your part.

If you like watching 13 men standing on grass for most of the day. The athletes that they are taking 40 minutes for a lunch break so they are not running on empty! Taking part in any sport is better than being a spectator.

japandy

There were well over 5000, but for me it is the idle people like me who didn't go. Just imagine how many would go if they did the same again next week? At least 20.000 would turn up. The SBT, and all others, must keep the ball rolling and expand on this triumhant turn out.

mark82

Thought we may see some coverage today but still nothing.

SBT - can you confirm that the media were made aware?

TurkeyTrot

Yes they were made aware,both BBC and Central covered the story. I presume you are talking about Sky on this. Jan can probably tell you more but Sky were informed and Jan contacted them this morning and they said due to the numbers they expected they didn't bother as they felt it wasn't news worthy.
The Daily Mirror printed about the march and a picture of the two Godiva's on Saturday as promised by the reporter who wrote the original article a couple of weeks ago. The one before the Sun told us to shut up and accept our move. Make of that what you will...

TurkeyTrot

Also Jan said he would send links to them today via YouTube but they said they don't use stuff like that as its generally not HD but Jan sent them the links anyway.

Living in Ireland I could not be there yesterday, but having seen videos and Moz's speech on Youtube it makes me really proud, and above all else I have a sense of hope that together we can succeed. Yesterdays march must have put the fear of God into SISU, I do not believe that they would have ever expected those volumes protesting and the organisation behind it.

Sincere thanks to all the people giving up their time to Organise and attend events like this. PUSB

mark82

Yes they were made aware,both BBC and Central covered the story. I presume you are talking about Sky on this. Jan can probably tell you more but Sky were informed and Jan contacted them this morning and they said due to the numbers they expected they didn't bother as they felt it wasn't news worthy.
The Daily Mirror printed about the march and a picture of the two Godiva's on Saturday as promised by the reporter who wrote the original article a couple of weeks ago. The one before the Sun told us to shut up and accept our move. Make of that what you will...

I didn't see anything on BBC. Was this national BBC or just local? Mirror is ok though (although wouldn't read it if you paid me).

My feeling on this protest is that it was a success in terms of numbers but a failure in terms of coverage outside local media. I wonder if The guys at SISU in London even know it happened. No-one I work with is aware this went on. Shame really because a lot of people put a lot of effort in.

Hope it doesn't sound like I'm having a go at the trust. It's our countries media I'm disappointed in. Particularly with the dross football stories that have been served up this weekend. This could have a major impact on the future of football and they can't even be arsed to turn up.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I didn't see anything on BBC. Was this national BBC or just local? Mirror is ok though (although wouldn't read it if you paid me).

My feeling on this protest is that it was a success in terms of numbers but a failure in terms of coverage outside local media. I wonder if The guys at SISU in London even know it happened. No-one I work with is aware this went on. Shame really because a lot of people put a lot of effort in.

Hope it doesn't sound like I'm having a go at the trust. It's our countries media I'm disappointed in. Particularly with the dross football stories that have been served up this weekend. This could have a major impact on the future of football and they can't even be arsed to turn up.

Things like twitter, Facebook, YouTube and forums are powerful outlets in this day and age. We can still spread awareness of the situation

covkid53

I think we have to understand that Coventry has been out of the Prem too long for it to be national news. Nobody cares except for locals and other trusts in/ or been in, similar situations.

We will only get notoriety when we beat Sisu, the hedge fund Goliath and the David fans slinging our stones.

We must keep fighting until we have won or lost our club, a stark choice.

swisstony

Even our local station free radio said on Saturday ,there was over a thousand people at the protest !!
What about the other 6 ?
We have got to use these media outlets to full potential !

NorthernWisdom

and they said due to the numbers they expected they didn't bother as they felt it wasn't news worthy.

This is why future protests should be the same theme as Saturday's, and similar approaches.

Forget the satellite protests, and ones less well organised with shorter notice as they deflect attention from the protests that could and should get media coverage.

And if they won't come to Coventry, go to their homes. Coventry should be in Coventry, first day of league season, march on the football league as NTFC has been banging on about.

Keep it simple, keep the numbers up, less protests means more numbers, means more media coverage.

Noggin

To be fair to sky etc the many earlier tiny protests hurt this big protest, many people and the news organisations assumed it would be another small one. Fortunately for us it was fantastic but it's not hard to understand why they didn't come.

Users who are viewing this thread