McSheffrey not offered new deal at Scunny (1 Viewer)

covey1987

See GM not being offered a new deal at Scunny and told to talk to other clubs!! Would we want him back? Me I say no but I bet there's plenty out there who would!!!

mark82

10 goals, 18 assists last season. We don't have anyone else with those stats.

Would I have him back? Probably not, mostly due to his age.

pusbccfc

No chance, but 18 assists is bloody good.

Joy Division

With stats like that why aren't Scunthorpe offering him a new deal?

skybluetony176

Difficult one. It's stats vs age. But then again as we only dish out 1 season deals these days it wouldn't be much of a gamble as he's hardly in a position to dictate wages these days. Surprised Scunthorpe have let him go but at the same time I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up in league 2.

Nick

Administrator
I lost interest that game when he took a quick throw in without telling anybody and threw it back to their keeper.

covcity4life

was shit last time he was at cov but those stats are impressive

tbh if mowbray got him i would back him, its as simple as that

stupot07

10 goals, 18 assists last season. We don't have anyone else with those stats.

Would I have him back? Probably not, mostly due to his age.

More than our entire midfield that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ptr

He did well for an average Scunthorpe side id have him back in a heartbeat. When he came back last time I don't think he was in the right state of mind, dissapointed with stepping back down perhaps, defiantly wasn't fit. When he played against us this year he looked in very good shape, the quickest and sharpest id seen him for years. Stats don't lie we could do with the extra goals and assists that baker provided us with before! Still local I believe as he has a coaching business in cov and surely he would love one last chance to put himself back in the fans good books

mrbluesky87

I wont knock him because he is one of our own (I wonder is Maddison will get this in 10 years time when he's jumped ship)???

If it was to just play football for another season then no because we need to move forward however if he can come back, play a few games etc but help with the under 21's etc and start learning the coach trade then why not, great idea.

chiefdave

Has it become cool to not to want/like and slag off GMc?

I like him and wasn't too impressed with the way he was pushed out but still wouldn't want him back here. Would just seem like a backward step when we're looking to build a team. Of course if TM thinks there's a role for him for 1 or 2 seasons, maybe while he brings through one of the youngsters then I'm not going to have a meltdown if he does sign. Just wouldn't be top of my list.

Sbarcher

With those stats, makes you wonder why Scunny want him out? Any skeletons I wonder?

mrbluesky87

Using this mad logic; if we had 11 people off this forum playing for us you wouldn't knock them?

What??? I'm just on about GMc which is what this particular debate is about. He is a Cov lad who can obviously play football professionally unlike 11 people on this forum. I just don't get why people berate him, he has done nothing wrong except wanting to further his career when he joined Birmingham and like I said when Maddison does the same either next season or the one after does he get pillared as well??

Nick

Administrator
What??? I'm just on about GMc which is what this particular debate is about. He is a Cov lad who can obviously play football professionally unlike 11 people on this forum. I just don't get why people berate him, he has done nothing wrong except wanting to further his career when he joined Birmingham and like I said when Maddison does the same either next season or the one after does he get pillared as well??

Apart from being a bit pants last time he came back, whether he was born in Coventry or Jamaica.

Players should be judged on their performance, not where they were born.

Hobo

He did nothing second time he was here. I wonder why Scunthorpe are not rushing in with a new contract, if he is as good as his fan club on here think he is?

Users who are viewing this thread