McSheffrey....daddy cool (1 Viewer)

EleanorRigby

I'm not Maccas greatest fan, never slagged him or anything just think he's not all what he is cracked up to be, however the bottle he showed last night was brilliant. Taking into account the "his" club scenerio, the time of the pen. and all the recent last gasp hiccups we have had recently, against a former club and it's unforgiving fans and knowing a miss would probably more or less doom us to the drop i have to admire him for his cool head and to be fair he never looked like missing.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Totally agree. Mere mortals such as us can't even begin to understand the pressure he must have been under. I don't even think I could have managed the run to the ball.

That stated, what kind of a rush must he get afterwards? I bet he''s still struggling to get flaccid now

kg82

Totally agree. Mere mortals such as us can't even begin to understand the pressure he must have been under. I don't even think I could have managed the run to the ball.

That stated, what kind of a rush must he get afterwards? I bet he''s still struggling to get flaccid now

Hahahaha!!!

Considering my legs were literally shaking, and not from the cold, you have to say fair play to him. Leeds did an us, by the way - lose 2 games in a row in the last minute. I can completely empathise with them!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

And we've done a 'late-game' double over Leeds; snatching a point at their place and all three yesterday. Who said this injury-time malarkey is troublesome? ;)

CovFan

He looked absolutely petrified while waiting to take the second penalty. Don't blame him, I refused to look and covered my eyes.

ccfcway

i had to walk out of teh house when I heard it on the radio, I could actually feel my heartbeat in my neck !

rob9872

Pleased for him too, although perhaps its just me, maybe its the control freak coming out, but I would much rather have to take that penalty than watch it.

kg82

And we've done a 'late-game' double over Leeds; snatching a point at their place and all three yesterday. Who said this injury-time malarkey is troublesome? ;)

Said that to my dad last night. 4 points from 1 going into the last minute of games against Leeds. EASY, EASY....!!!

OyJimmy

Never doubted him. And personally I think he's been playing well, but our style hasn't always suited him. Is it a co-incidence that he looks better and scores more now Nemely is playing for us/ the paceless Jukebox has gone? I think playing alongside Juke was hard for the guy.

I'd be interested to see if Eastwood also improved playing alongside Nimely as he never played well alongside slow Jukebox either....

Mr T - Sukka!

I have said it before and i will say it again.

He is our most important player, he knows what it means to us fans as he is one. He knows its on his and his team mates shoulders to help get us out of this mess.

I think he showed tremendious bottle taking the second one. He could have stepped aside. But credit where credit is due he stood up like a man and did city proud.

If he can continue like this he may just be the differfence in staying up. Well done Macca, keep up the hard work and keep believing! You did last night and it payed off.

Users who are viewing this thread