McGeouch (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

This deal will go through before the end of the Window from what I know.

JimmyHillsbeard

From todays CT

“It’s been really tough – I can’t tell you how difficult it’s been – but we’ve got several irons in the fire and, trust me, we will have players in by the deadline.”

It seems unlikely that one of those players will be 21-year-old Celtic prospect Dylan McGeouch – the Telegraph understands that City will now try to arrange a loan deal in the summer – as City wait for Callum Wilson to return to action after suffering a dislocated shoulder.

RoboCCFC90

Pressley in todays CT suggests not happening ,more likely take him on loan In the summer

I hadn't seen that Wingy thanks for letting me know, I knew both sides were quite keen, wonder what the issue was? I knew was injured maybe struggling to get fit??

Skyblueweeman

i'm shocked a football thread ?????

SISU are evil, ACL are weird, the Council don't care, Sixfields isn't the Ricoh, Arsenal are alright (but might not pay all their electricity bills), 68% of forum goers think Grendel is an idiot, 32% think otherwise, last night showed the threads differing sexual tendancies and I'm still great.

There we go, that should take us back of football talk.

WM

wingy

Lets go off topic ..

Who's going tonight? How much Is It ? Is there pay on the Gate? I'm thinking of going ,what is the best way to get there ? Anyone running a coach ? I'm tight and don't want to spend £40 on petrol.

Sky Blue Pete

Really frustrating but not surprising. Pressley would need to be magician to convince players their future lies with our screwed up club

Skyblueweeman

Doesn't matter how screwed up your club is Pete, there will always be professional footballers looking for clubs. It just depends what the management team can get out of them. And on that note, I'd be trusting of SP to get the best out of the majority of players, even from his short spell here.

Sky Blue Pete

Feeling negative and would be very relieved if someone received a longer deal than the end of next summer. I agree bout Pressley

junglej13

Feeling negative and would be very relieved if someone received a longer deal than the end of next summer. I agree bout Pressley

I agree. I think this window could prove very damaging for our hopes of keeping Pressley here. Must be so disheartening to be seemingly missing out on a number of players.

H

Huckerby

Pressley in Observer said:
“He's had a bit of an injury so it will probably take him a couple of weeks to get him right up to speed but he's a fantastic player.“We were going to do the deal initially and then because of that we pulled out but Celtic contacted us again about reshaping the deal to suit both parties so we decided to bring him in.
He's going to be a great player and one for the future for this club I think. He very much fits the type of DNA I'm looking for in that position.

Read more: Steven Pressley pleased with Sky Blues double loan swoop | Coventry Observer

Am a little confused about what Pressley means here. He says he is one for the future for this club but he is only on loan until the end of the season? Maybe by reshaping the deal to suit both parties he means that there is an option to buy or something? Obviously pure speculation just curious...

Astute

Or not paying any of his wages. Why else would you take an injured player on loan?

Samo

Yeah probably. Any ideas what he means by one for the future for this club then?

I would say you are right... option to buy... only explanation

mark82

He originally wanted to buy him. I think because of the injury, which he is now more or less over, it may have been difficult to pass a medical. I think he is wanting to make this a permanent deal.

H

Huckerby

He originally wanted to buy him. I think because of the injury, which he is now more or less over, it may have been difficult to pass a medical. I think he is wanting to make this a permanent deal.

Thats reassuring though isn't it. At first I had mixed feelings...obviously bringing some really good quality players in can only be good, but was a little gutted none were permanent. Never underestimate Elvis ;)

mark82

Thats reassuring though isn't it. At first I had mixed feelings...obviously bringing some really good quality players in can only be good, but was a little gutted none were permanent. Never underestimate Elvis ;)

I have faint hopes for Delfonueso also. Out of contract at end of season. If he settles here and plays well we have a chance. Particularly if we can scrape into the playoffs.

H

Huckerby

I have faint hopes for Delfonueso also. Out of contract at end of season. If he settles here and plays well we have a chance. Particularly if we can scrape into the playoffs.

I know its a very very long shot, but I think that would be even more likely if we got promoted. If them two stuck around and we managed to get a few more players in we'd have a decent championship team

stupot07

Am a little confused about what Pressley means here. He says he is one for the future for this club but he is only on loan until the end of the season? Maybe by reshaping the deal to suit both parties he means that there is an option to buy or something? Obviously pure speculation just curious...

Dunno, but it sounded like he's currently injured at the minute from bits I heard on cwr last night, and that we were going to leave the deal until the summer but Celtic came back with a proposal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Let's not kid ourselves, Delfoneso is only here to make a name for himself to attract a higher standard of club for him in the summer.

Either he does well and signs for a championship club or he does shit and then we may have a chance of signing him.

covcity4life

Delfuesno sounds like he gebujnly just wants to play footy. He admits his career has stuttured.

Pit him upffrobt. Make him happy and you never know how long he might wan a stay

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'm pretty sure you can still sign a player without a medical being taken if you're willing to take the risk

mark82

I'm pretty sure you can still sign a player without a medical being taken if you're willing to take the risk

Dunno fella. Just going on what I think I remember reading a couple of weeks ago. Could be well wide if the mark.

Users who are viewing this thread