McDonald - Am I alone (1 Viewer)

Grendel

McDonald get's a lot of support on this forum.

Can someone please explain what this based on.

From what I have seen he has poor technique, a poor finishing ratio, lacks pace and also looks lacking in fitness.

I see him as a liability who has to be moved on in January.

ggrady

Works hard and isn't a bad finisher 25 goals in league 2. Just needs to hit form next few games are big for him

WillenhallSkyBlues

Sick of people rating him cause hes had one lucky season and bagged 20+ goals, he's terrible, I can't believe people were on here before the start of the season saying he was going to be top goal scorer this season, the bloke is a absolutely bang average footballer and doesn't deserve all the praise he gets

Grendel

Works hard and isn't a bad finisher 25 goals in league 2. Just needs to hit form next few games are big for him

Take away that one season and he played only 57 competitve games and a fair few of them are off the subs bench.

He is 27 this season.

CCFC_Charlie

Worked a lot harder than McGoldrick did on Saturday. Not saying this makes him a better player as he obviously isn't but he has his qualities that makes him a lot more useful a striker than the others we have (McGoldrick excluded)

SkyBlue_Bear83

I agree, average player. Can get into good positions but his scoring ratio doesn't justify a place in the team as he offers little else to the team. I think at the moment I would like to see a 5 man midfield with Moussa and Baker supporting on the wings and fleck attacking through the middle. If we go with 2 up top I would go with Ball because at least he can hold up the ball better than Mcdonald

shy_tall_knight

I still think that there is a good player in cody but has not had a decent run in the side due to injury and lack of fitness. 25 in 41 games in L2 is no fluke. Like so many he has under performed with zero confidence.

Grendel

I still think that there is a good player in cody but has not had a decent run in the side due to injury and lack of fitness. 25 in 41 games in L2 is no fluke. Like so many he has under performed with zero confidence.

Mifsud scored 18 goals in one season and that was a fluke.

Who knows - fans in 3 years time may say McGoldrick must come good as he once scored lots while on loan at Coventry.

There are many examples of one season wonders.

Andygabs

I hate being negative about my beloved club
but from what I saw on Saturday, I'd get rid of
most of them. One of the worst games I've seen
for years. Murphy flapping and def at fault for second goal. He showed LB 70% of the goal. Wood and Edge sluggish with Leon Burton a handful to say the least, lacked vision, pace and attacking force from midfield, Fleck overweight, Baker inconsistent and strikers lacklustre. Full backs were ok. All squad seem to have no confidence which if sorted out, would at least give us a shout. Tough times ahead with bailiffs too apparently. Cody? Unfit and not on his game at all.

Stevec189

Same could be said of Fleck! I can't see this wonderful vision and must play him up the middle that other people appear to see! Cody isn't fit was gone after 60 minutes which is why Robins swapped him. Not sure Ball was any better. Moussa made a difference when he came on.

cloughie

Cody has a spare tyre around his waist which is a disgrace for a profesional sportsman and Fleck also looks unfit. The legacy of a lax previous regime.

Having said that Robins has been here 7 weeks surely thats long enough to get them fit?

Marty

There's a lot of others I'd like to see leave before Cody. Hes never had a run of 10-15 games in the team. I think he can still come good and would give him till the end of the season before I'd consider getting rid. I haven't been for a few games due to work but from what I have seen this season he can create space for himself and is getting chances, he just can't put them away at the minute, I agree he does look unfit and is lacking match sharpness.

CJparker

Cody is clearly a bit overweight - a mate of mine who knows him says that the other players have been giving him some stick for it....

He has looked OK in flashes but hasn't been consistent enough...yet. Too soon to bin him, but the honeymoon is over.

psgm1

Banned

By the same token Pele scored over 1000 goals! Doesn't mean that I'd want him in the team now!

It's irrelevent how many goals cody scored in the past, if his abilities have fallen off!

Right now, he is awful, he cannot even get into this current cov squad! He is behind a player who cannot score if his life depended on it!

chem90

I am not a big fan of his either. Perhaps an old fashioned opinion but I determine a good striker as someone who scores goals, simple. Nevertheless, he won a decent amount of headers on Saturday for someone who is 5ft 10 and perhaps a shame that they were never really productive. I also find he hits the deck way too easily, I would sooner see him stay on his feet and hussle a bit more and as a result may well score a few more. I have a feeling and a bit of faith in MR that he has somebody in mind to bring in on loan to fill the void left by DMc as opposed to relying on Cody.

davebart

People suggest he needs to get fit. FIT is not the opposite of FAT. First he needs to get lean.

He won't score anything like the goals in his present condition.

Sick Boy

He will eventually drift back down the leagues and end up in non-league football, probably wondering to himself how he made a living in the game. Many keep harking back to when he scored goals a few years ago, yet they have never given this same support to ROD. If we hadn't blown £300,000 on him then I doubt he would be thought of so highly. The continued talk of him getting 30 goals in this league was laughable.

Black6Osprey

He hasn't had a decent run in the team but he doesn't deserve one IMO. He's morphing into Micky Quinn without the scoring ability.

If all else fails we can use in the defensive wall as it frees up an extra player.

dongonzalos

If he gets ten games on the trot as a striker then I will be happy to judge him. How many games has he started as a striker.

dongonzalos

When McG heads back and isn't replaced then I assume you'll get your wish.

Possibly, if that does happen I would imagine another striker will come in. I think Robins likes cody so he will probably play with that striker.

I think he will get a run now till Xmas, so hopefully we will see.

Users who are viewing this thread