McCallum/Mason (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Half way through the season both have played a similar amount of games now who’s everyone’s preference out the 2 at left back ? Have to say I was thinking yep sell McCallum cash in to finance the promotion push but today’s performance I’ll be disappointed if he did end up going in January...what a prospect we have on our hands in him.

Evo1883

MacCallum is a better left back then Mason
MacCallum is a better wing back then Mason that's why he is playing every game...

I think McCallum is better going forward and suits the 3421 system we play hence why he starts as a wing back

Mason is better defensively imo... Would play more if we played a flat back 4 each week hence why McCallum has cemented his place since the formation change

Last edited:

Evo1883

People mentioned liverpool, but Robertson has that tied down for years to come, would be better at Everton or spurs somebody like that

HerneBayGaz

I think McCallum is better going forward and suits the 3421 system we play hence why he starts as a wing back

Mason is better defensively imo... Would play
more if we played a flat back 4 each week hence why McCallum has cemented his place since the formation change

Fair enough. But McCallum was preferred over Mason even before they changed the formation.
Robins saw him as a better choice.

Last edited:

Londonccfcfan

Masons a better left back, McCallum is a better wing back

That's the decision I came to today :)

Id be happy if either were starting each week tbh, both good at this level

That's a great point. But McCallum doesn't bottle any challenge. And aeirially wins much more.

Not to mention I'm I'm not sure Mason can score the goal Sam scored today.

DannyThomas_1981

That's a great point. But McCallum doesn't bottle any challenge. And aeirially wins much more.

Not to mention I'm I'm not sure Mason can score the goal Sam scored today.

That was a great goal. The moment it left Sam's right boot everyone knew it was in. It was so well struck that Allsop didn't even have the opportunity to dive. I think Mason is a great player and couldn't understand why he was on the bench -and that's absolutely why I'm not a scout or manager. McCallum has a very big future at higher levels.

AStonesThrow

I love the attitude and tenacity McCallum shows too, never backs out of a 50/50. For me he has a stronger desire to succeed, but both are clearly talented and to echo what someone else said previously, for a team at this level to have 2 left backs that are so talented is hard to come by

pastythegreat

I was dissapointed when Mason got bombed out because he was easily our best/most consistent player up until that point. Although McCallum is becoming some player. The problem is, if McCallum doesn't go in January and make room for Mason, then Mason isn't going to sit around on the bench forever and will want away. We wont keep McCallum forever so will eventually go from 2 top class LBs to Junior Brown.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

harvey098

Really tough to pick. I’ve always been critical of McCallums stamina but he has been really good. He also wins a hell of a lot of headers for his size.

Also love Masons tenacity though so we’re in a good place in that regard.

Magwitch

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I have been told the young kid we brought in a couple of months Joe Newton also a left back is rated as highly as McCallum.

Grendel

We will try and sell Mcallum in January to fund an inevitable cost to revenue gap and to try and get other players in

Bakayoko certainly and possibly Hiwula will also be tried to move on

We attempted to offload Bakayoko last January and I assume Clarke Harris then had to go to free up wage headroom

SkyBlueDom26

Fucking hell after yesterday McCallum played like a prime Ashley Cole, was incredible going forward and ran the left side of the pitch

Grendel

McCallum was the lowest rated player in the last home game

he’s gone from Ryan Haynes to Ashley Cole in a week

Irish Sky Blue

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I have been told the young kid we brought in a couple of months Joe Newton also a left back is rated as highly as McCallum.[/QUOTE]
I saw him play in the Birmingham Cup game at Nuneaton. You could see why they brought him in as he is good on the ball. He also got stuck in and was good in the air for his size. Very much like Kelly Evans in a lot of the aspects of his game. I felt Dion was a bit unlucky to be released, and feel he still might get back to a league club. It will be interesting to see if Newton can challenge for the first team.

Users who are viewing this thread