MAthIEU MANSET (1 Viewer)

Sky Blues

Godiva

I guess it means we'll get one spot more to bring someone in Wingy. I don't recall hearing that our special measures have come to an end. Maybe that will happen when CCFC Ltd and CCFC Holdings Ltd are finally liquidated?

Isn't it more about FFP? With the low gates the club is very likely to produce a lower than budgeted revenue and so operate under this strange version of transfer embargo.

Gint11

I would have to agree with SP here. It doesnt seem the case that Manset actually gave two shits to be honest. I'd rather he go and we get someone in who is hungry for it.

Sky Blues

Isn't it more about FFP? With the low gates the club is very likely to produce a lower than budgeted revenue and so operate under this strange version of transfer embargo.

Good point about FFP potentially kicking in Godiva. Is there a set evaluation point for that? In terms of the embargo, I was thinking about how City were put in that for failing to produce accounts. While SBS&L have now done so, the two companies I mentioned have not. I forget the penalty or breaching FFP, but if it is an embargo I wonder if it'll kick in just about the time the other two companies are wound up? :thinking about:

Hobo

All the above are possibly partly true.
Main reason I think, he wasn't pulling his weight....literally

hill83

I'll admit I'm judging him on one moment. It was at Port Vale, we needed a goal and he'd just come on. He received the ball on the edge of the box, he had time and options with other players in good positions. What did he do? A step over flick sort of thing and lost the ball. Then nothing.

So based purely on that. Shit.

Godiva

Good point about FFP potentially kicking in Godiva. Is there a set evaluation point for that? In terms of the embargo, I was thinking about how City were put in that for failing to produce accounts. While SBS&L have now done so, the two companies I mentioned have not. I forget the penalty or breaching FFP, but if it is an embargo I wonder if it'll kick in just about the time the other two companies are wound up? :thinking about:

I believe the club has to send in revenue/cost reports every month and if cost is more than 60% (or is it 65%?) of the revenue then transfer embargo kicks in immediately.

Last edited:

RoboCCFC90

I agree with Pressley he is a talented player but unfortunately needs to work harder.

After the Wolves game when he came on and bossed them for 20 minutes I thought that if he could kick on he would be good for us..

Shame

italiahorse

I believe the club has to send in revenue/cost reports every month and if cost is more than 60% (or is it 65%?) of the revenue then transfer embargo kicks in immediately.

Unlikely, 60% of income would only cover a couple of players wages. January would be interesting but certainly next season will be dire as this season certainly applies to next season.
Get us back to the Ricoh before we go over the precipice.

Godiva

ajsccfc

If you play as a pressing team and you have one player who doesn’t press like the rest then you get found out because it’s not about an individual, it’s a collective effort.

There are standards that I expect from all the players at the club and if anybody can’t accept that and reach those standards that I strive for then, regardless of any other considerations, they’ll not be part of the group.

Many people told me when I came here that there was a degree of comfort around the football club and if I want to change that then I have to stick to my standards. If I start to make allowances for certain players not to work within the structure then the others will pick up on that – it could have a knock-on effect, and I can’t permit that under any circumstances.

Pressley's ace, isn't he?

Skyblueweeman

I can't believe the conspiracy theorists are out in force by saying we're having to cut costs for FFP! Pressley knows the type of player he wants and this fella didn't confirm. Simples!

woody11462

SkyBluePryce

You're an absolute fool to not put in 100% when given an opportunity to play for a football league club. The potential to live an unbelievable lifestyle, playing football as a profession is many's dreams, to throw it away due to 'laziness' is a shame.

Hobo

You're an absolute fool to not put in 100% when given an opportunity to play for a football league club. The potential to live an unbelievable lifestyle, playing football as a profession is many's dreams, to throw it away due to 'laziness' is a shame.

Are you suggesting Freddie Eastwood was an absolute fool or a money grabbing lazy barstool??

SkyBluePryce

Are you suggesting Freddie Eastwood was an absolute fool or a money grabbing lazy barstool??
Both, he had potential as he shown at southend, but I bet he's on very little now in comparison, plus I wouldn't be surprised if he was released.

Users who are viewing this thread