Matchday #32 Coventry v Swansea (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Coventry v Swansea - Ricoh Arena
K.O Tuesday 22nd February
Referee: Keith Stroud from Hampshire

Coventry v Swansea - head to head

This is the 27th league and cup match between Coventry City and Swansea City. City have won 12 of those games and drawn seven times. They have scored 47 goals compared to Swansea's 47.

City lost 2-1 at Swansea earlier in the season
The last time City played Swansea in a league match at the Ricoh Arena, the game finished in a 1-0 defeat for City.​

Current Form:
form Table consists of last 8 matches played "Click Here" to view full form table.​

Coventry

Home Form: LDWdLW
Form Table: 19th

Swansea

Away Form: LLLDWW
Form Table: 4th
My Predictions

Formation

Westwood
Keogh, B.Turner, R.Wood,O'halloran
Baker, Clingan, Gunnarsson, McSheffrey
Platt, King

Score: 1-1 (King)

Attendance: 12,802

Any match day predictions/banter please post here.

Last edited:

Pigeon

Westwood
Keogh Turner Wood O'Halloran
Baker Clingon Gunnarson Juke
King Platt

Final Score- 2-1 (King, Turner) Optimistic Score:D

Come on City!

InterSkyBlues

I think Aidy will stick with the 433/451 thingie from last match - same team but with Turner in for Cameron and Clingan in for Crainie. Hope he leaves Sheffers on the bench.

1-0 City - goal to be scored by Wood

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just want a win. Would love to climb the table again!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Season's over 7-0 Swansea

Ivor Allchurch (4)
Sinclair
Pratley
Dyer

ccfctommy

Firstly thought we did well for a good period of the game. Swansea were a good side (especially that crazy bit in the second half where there hit the crossbar and both posts in ten seconds) and caught us out defensively.

Thought Jukebox was my MOTM today and would like to see him given a proper go upront with MK9, good to see Bell in the team as he looked good going forward.

However i'd like to see Hussey instead of O'Halloran at LB and Baker given the old heave-ho, had a mare today and just don't see what he offers the team tbh.

InterSkyBlues

Tis a shame as we outplayed a top 3 side for most of the game! Gunnar was MOTM for me and except for the first 15 and last 10 thought we were awesome. Aidy was brill on C&W on the way back, how he kept from saying what a shite ref we have is beyond me. Never seen a clearer penalty not given! Mind, I've also not seen the woodwork hit three times in a row in quick succession. A draw would have been a fair result but saying that if you don't score you aint gonna win! Play up Sky Blues!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Gutted (even though I had a score of 0-2 in my Prediction League!). This has gotta be one of the lowest points in my supportive years for CCFC - and I've been a staunch supporter since 1963 when I was 10 years old! I just don't have any answers. New manager? New players? New owners? Would it make ANY difference? Will City always be an "also ran" club? Bless all the supporters who "keep the faith", but I believe that even they must now be feeling as I do. At the moment, I think even Crawley could come and give us a hammering! :(

ccfc luke

How many times has this happened to us this year. If it happens once or twice you can say "yea we were unlucky" or blame it on the ref but you cant when we have lost so many points due to the same thing. We just arnt threatening/clinical enough !

Lloyd

How many times has this happened to us this year. If it happens once or twice you can say "yea we were unlucky" or blame it on the ref but you cant when we have lost so many points due to the same thing. We just arnt threatening/clinical enough !

Just because it happens more than twice doesnt mean we're still not unlucky. Last nights game was unfortunate for us, we deserved a win, their keeper should've been sent off, half their diving team shouldve been booked. it sounded like Swansea made sure king wasnt a threat - mainly because he is probably in the top 3 strikers in the league. with so many injuries hampering our choices, we have been plain unlucky. 8 constant first team player injuries since mid December and replacements no longer at the club, how can any team cope with that?

Pigeon

We looked strong for a considerable amount of the game and at some points really frustrated Swansea. We got off to a shaky start and didn't seem to know how to mark players but then simmered down and got into it. Thought Juke was fantastic, he ran his socks off and his commitment was outstanding (for example when he leaped over the advertising boards to keep the ball in). Gunnarson bossed the midfield superbly and came close a few times. Also I am not David Bell's number 1 fans but I thought he looked really good last night considering he hasn't started in a long time and got the team up the pitch. It was a definite penalty and there was some very lucky Swansea players who stayed out of the book. I still think a key issue for us is throwing it all away in the last 10-15 minutes and the only way I can see of fixing this is to use all our substitutes, especially against a big team like Swansea, just 2 or 3 fresh pairs of legs last night would have boosted the team considerably.

Users who are viewing this thread