Match ratings Vs Millwall (1 Viewer)

Sterling Archer

Yes, it was only against 10 men and yes, we were poor until the sending off but lets have a bit of positivism for once. :)

Charles-Cook - 7 - Wonderful save at the end and looked composed with the barrage of high balls and big old lumps challenging him
Phillips - 8 - Much better game from what I've seen of him this season. Looks like he lacks a bit of confidence at times but there is a player there.
Martin - 7 - Solid after struggling early on.
Stephens - 8 - Bar getting caught by the movement of the front two for the first 20 odd minutes, he was excellent. Really composed on the ball.
Ricketts - 6 - Found himself in some great attacking positions in the 2nd half but hasn't quite got the ability going forward for us to have amde anything out of it
Fleck - 9 - That's the first half of the season John Fleck. Ran the game and an extra point for a fantastic goal. He got on the ball so often today and alongside Cole made us tick.
Cole - 8 - I've been very critical of Cole for us but I can't fault him today. He hasn't got the pace anymore but the footballing brain was there to see. Worked his nuts off and the celebration at the final whistle was great to see.
Rose - 6 - Huffed and puffed but didn't contribute a lot in my opinion.
Vincelot - 5 - He is not an attacking midfielder
Lamieras - 7 - Worked his socks off, showed some nice little touches but his crossing when he had time was poor. Needs more game time as there is some genuine raw potential there.
Armstrong - 7 - It was a 6 but I've given him an extra point for his work rate, one example chasing down a player he was 15 yards away from when Millwall were breaking at 2-1. Great attitude. His touch and shooting seem to have deserted him though.

Maddison - 6 - Bit more creativity from him today after his recent poor form but he made a few odd choices when in possession. Loved it when his turn sat that Millwall defender on his arse!
Tudgay - 7 - Got the winner and done his usual Tudgay bit of keeping possession and bringing others into play
Lorentszon - n/a - Not enough time to judge really

Last edited:

malkitccfc

Charles-Cook - 7
Phillips - 7
Martin - 6
Stephens - 7
Ricketts - 6
Fleck - 8
Cole -7
Rose - 5
Vincelot - 5
Lamieras - 6
Armstrong - 6

Maddison - 5
Tudgay - 6

Going to be honest, I really wasn't impressed by us today and we only won because of one silly moment from their player but delighted to get the win. Nice to be able to watch the football league highlights again, its been a while!

ccfcway

Vincelot - 5 - He is not an attacking midfielder

bizarre selection that

might as well stick Nathan Cameron up front

fernandopartridge

It might have been against 10 men but we did the right things. Kept possession, tried not to lump it and eventually broke them down. Agree with Sterling apart from Armstrong who gets a 6, poor decision making on more than one occasion. Maddison 6 too but he did contribute.

Grendel

Rcc - 7
Phillips - 7
Ricketts -7
Stephens - 5
Martin - 8
Vincelot -.6
Cole - 7
Rose - 6
Lamaries - 6
Armstrong - 3
Fleck - 7

Maddison - 5
Tudgay - 6

stupot07

Charles-cook 8
Phillips 8
Martin 7
Stephens 5
Ricketts 6
Fleck 8
Cole 8.5
Rose 6
Vincelot 5
Armstrong 5
Lamieres 6

Subs
Maddison 5
Tudguy 6
Lorentzson 5

Really surprised with Sterling's 8 for Stephens, I like him but he got caught out far too often in the first 20 mins, and was the worst cov defender on show

Armstrong looks a spent force, his decision making and execution of of the basics was really poor today, he couldn't even complete simple passes at times. Worked hard as ever though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Littlewood CCFC

Everyone hating on Maddison is just plain strange, obviously a grudge is carried against him ever since he signed for Norwich. There is no way he rated anything below a 6 today i see some people giving him a 4?!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Charles-Cook - 7
Phillips - 7
Martin - 7
Stephens - 7
Ricketts - 6
Fleck - 8
Cole -7
Rose - 5
Vincelot - 5
Lamieras - 6
Armstrong - 6

Maddison - 5
Tudgay - 7

And you can only beat what's In front of you.....

Well done today City, shame that sort of performance has been missing over the last few months!

Pipehitterz

Where Ira Armstrong disappeared too
Didn't really do anything yesterday , his first touch was rubbish , and the one time he tried a dribble , the Ball was taken off his foot easily.

Nick

Administrator
Where Ira Armstrong disappeared too
Didn't really do anything yesterday , his first touch was rubbish , and the one time he tried a dribble , the Ball was taken off his foot easily.
His first touch was shocking, but then.his assist.was decent

Sterling Archer

Charles-cook 8
Really surprised with Sterling's 8 for Stephens, I like him but he got caught out far too often in the first 20 mins, and was the worst cov defender on show
I've realised this morning that him and Martin were wearing the same boots and there could've been times I got the two mixed up. :D

Sterling Archer

Everyone hating on Maddison is just plain strange, obviously a grudge is carried against him ever since he signed for Norwich. There is no way he rated anything below a 6 today i see some people giving him a 4?!

It's been like this ever since he left, just look at some of the comments about him in the threads. Cov fans love a scapegoat and singling out one player even when others are worse are on a level.

I reckon people have something against Alice bands, "alicebandist". Or maybe it's a couple of ill advised Twitter posts that have angered a few to cloud their judgement?

I'm not saying he's the second coming of Messi but some of the comments are baffling.

Last edited:

olderskyblue

Strange. I thought Cole ran the game after the sending off, not Fleck. Fleck played well for most of the game though, which makes a pleasant change.

Armstrong not worth his place in the team at the moment, imho

Hadji10

The hate on Maddison is fucking hilarious.

RCC - 7

Phillips - 8
Stephens - 7
Martin - 7
Ricketts - 4 (he's fucking awful)

Rose - 6
Fleck - 8
Vincelot - 6

Lamerias - 7
Armstrong - 5
Cole - 7

Subs

Maddison - 6
Tudgay - 6

steve82

Charles-Cook - solid performance again, claimed a few crosses comfortably. 7
Phillips - confident and more assured on the ball, tho not threatened. 7
Martin - fairly steady and comfortable on the ball, passing improved. 7
Stephens - got batter as game went on 6.5
Ricketts - one of his better games tho still lacking defensively and not a attacking fullback 6
Fleck - was one of his consistent games, was hoping he could hit a top corner from a shot and not the usual 2 bounces before keeper gathers it. 8
Cole -used his experience well and played some good passes. Gathered the team in for the huddle before 2nd half. Cheers Sam!! 7
Rose - not a grate claim to start on Tuesday, good engine but very sloppy passing 5
Vincelot - in the time he was on didn't offer a lot tho the team didn't too 5
Lamieras - plenty of passion and fight, could well be a great player with his vision. Some poor crossing tho not a winger. 6.5
Armstrong - not at it at all, looks the shadow of himself. Maybe a goal will spark him into life. Great chip for assist. 5

Maddison - didn't really offer the game much, played very narrow and could of left Phillips very exposed. 5
Lorenztson - too late in the game to score, a concern for him that TM has preferred Phillips lately.
Tudgay - used his experience well and got in the right areas, a predator in the box. Worked back well to help the team wearing the armband. #tuggy for captain. 6.5

steve82

to be far to maddison, for me he did all of coles running and created all the space for cole to dictate the game

Cole tended to drop to the halfway line when millwall defended deep and looked to play the ball around a lot, always wanting the ball off Martin.

MalcSB

Strange. I thought Cole ran the game after the sending off, not Fleck. Fleck played well for most of the game though, which makes a pleasant change.

I agree about Cole, ran the show. Armstrong certainly looks shot, wouldn't have cut it back with Newcastle

fernandopartridge

Cole sat deeper which released Fleck to play further forward, worked well. Cole's limited mobility may suit a deeper role actually as he doesn't misplace many passes.

steve82

Cole sat deeper which released Fleck to play further forward, worked well. Cole's limited mobility may suit a deeper role actually as he doesn't misplace many passes.

Gave fleck the chance to have pop shots, he has the ability to score every 5th shot it seems (roughly). I've always preferred fleck in a more advanced role.

ccfchoi87

Thought Maddison was much improved when he came on. Playing in his proper position definitely helped. Less creative than ricketts? Not sure about that especially given ricketts was taken off so we could attack more down the left

Houdi

RCC decent game with one outstanding save at the death, feel his decision making has become a lot better of late, not so many heart in the mouth moments.
Philipps had a very good game, good shot in the 1st half, showed a real willingness to get forward, and is always committed in the challenge, although you do worry at times he is liable to make a rash challenge or decision.
Martin reasonably solid not under much pressure when they went down to 10 men.
Stephens again decent and does try and use the ball rather than just lump it.
Ricketts ok for him, but generally he has been pretty dreadful for months, although to be fair he is not a left back, although recently he hasn't even looked a footballer.
Rose ok has a decent engine and he does add some much needed height, jury still out on him.
Fleck great goal, and as others have said looks better the further up the pitch he plays, often sits way too deep.
Vincelot strength is when he sits in front of the back 4, lots of effort but not the player from early season.
Cole had one of his better games, one plus he rarely gives the ball away, although not the game changer some hoped for.
Lameiras shows willing but for me far too lightweight, so easily brushed off the ball, and his crossing especially 2nd half was poor.At times you see glimpses of quality, but to me he is not good enough to be classed even as a luxury player.Still young but needs to bulk up, and vastly improve his end product.
Armstrong thought he was really poor yesterday, his first touch and hold up play was severely lacking, the effort was there and he got a very good assist for the winner. But nowhere near the match winner we loved in the 1st half of the season.
Maddison did ok when he came on, always wanting the ball and looking to create an opening, although when he came on Millwall had gone into their defensive shell, giving him a decent platform.
Tudgay always felt he deserved an extended run, effort was there, held the ball up ok, and is far more of a goal threat than Fortune.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Cole needs space now to play I think, his ball retention is still very good like you say.
When Cole plays higher up in a more attacking position I think its obvious now his feet are no longer quick enough to deal with the ball in the tight areas when the tackles are flying in and defenders are trying to nick it.

torchomatic

Cole was MotM for me. Some good performances. Only really let down by Vincelot, Maddison and Armstrong who I thought were all pretty ordinary.

Good to see Aaron Phillips coming back into form.

Users who are viewing this thread