match packages (1 Viewer)

is anyone getting really annoyed. im not normally one for slating the club, but for some reason, i dont many how many times on twitter and by email, and by face to face they either dont respond or dont know when the match packages are being released. The last actual answer i got from them told me they would be available mid July and obviously that hasn't happened. I cant get a season ticket like normal cause i cant get to all the games this year but i can try and get to quite a few and the packages was a really good deal, but they need to get better at communicating with the fans. has anyone got some info on this ? or having the same or similar issues ?
rant over, sorry not slating the club as normally they are pretty good but getting a bit frustrated.
anyway PUSB lets get a win Tuesday against Bury !!!!!!!!

Wiseoldfool

Details on match packages later today,so it says on twitter,mind you they've been saying something similar for the last month.

Nick

Administrator
20-match-package144-3252072.jpg

6-match-package144-3252070.jpg

Nick

Administrator
The 6 match ones, are they much cheaper?

I guess it means no fees every game too.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The 6 match ones, are they much cheaper?

I guess it means no fees every game too.

It's a discount on the standard matchday price, but exactly the same (if not more) than the average pay on the gate home ticket from last season. If anything the Standard Plus area is £132 - the price of almost a half season ticket from last year. I suppose with the 20 match package you wouldn't get the same privileges as a season ticket holder for playoffs (should it happen) either.

It's good they have done something, but the prices aren't particularly attractive. IMO they should have kept 20's plenty from last season and kept season tickets comparable too, and on for longer as they are signing more players (and pleasantly surprising fans like myself from being in doom and gloom). I think we will see smaller crowds this year, even with a similar amount of success because of this, sadly.

SkyBlueSid

Is that around 70% up on last year?
We had 6 match packages last year which were available during the early bird period. They cost us £78 for the adult and £60 for the senior, £138 in total. We always chose our seats in blocks 19 or 21.

This season they weren't available during early bird, or even at the start of the season. To have the same blocks this season would now cost £144 and £96, a total of £240. That's a 74% increase on like-for-like. I have no idea whether there is a booking fee on top when you choose your match tickets. Sadly, I don't think we'll bother.

Woodster

6 match package is still £2 more a game than buying online in advance last season, or the same as paying on the gate. It's disappointing, but I think it's probably more a sign that we had been 'treated' (in comparison to others in the league) last season and a half as they tried to get people in exile back to the Ricoh. Probably more in line with most other clubs in L1 now.

SkyBlueScottie

We had 6 match packages last year which were available during the early bird period. They cost us £78 for the adult and £60 for the senior, £138 in total. We always chose our seats in blocks 19 or 21.

This season they weren't available during early bird, or even at the start of the season. To have the same blocks this season would now cost £144 and £96, a total of £240. That's a 74% increase on like-for-like. I have no idea whether there is a booking fee on top when you choose your match tickets. Sadly, I don't think we'll bother.

They were clearly too cheap last year and the discount per game was in line with a full season ticket. I'm not sure thats right. How much would you end up paying if you went for matches and paid for single tickets?

wingy

The thing is doing 20's plenty and match packages averaging around £12-£13 last season will affect people's attitude this season.
Yet as stated last season how can a 3rd div club operate on margins scarcely better than Nuneaton Town?

Nick

Administrator
The thing is doing 20's plenty and match packages averaging around £12-£13 last season will affect people's attitude this season.
Yet as stated last season how can a 3rd div club operate on margins scarcely better than Nuneaton Town?

That's the thing, they were cheap but made losses on it.

We can't moan about investment but then can't moan about ticket prices in line with the rest of the league.

SkyBlueSid

They were clearly too cheap last year and the discount per game was in line with a full season ticket. I'm not sure thats right. How much would you end up paying if you went for matches and paid for single tickets?
They were, in my opinion, about right last season. The increases will only be justified if the results/performances are up to scratch and the people keep coming. I'm not convinced that's going to happen as I doubt the increases will lead to investment in the team. I suppose that if things improve, we could still get a package later in the season as the price is presumably not going to change.

If we went match-by-match, the answer is that we would hardly ever go. We live some distance away and have lots of holidays that clash with games. Times have changed for us as before the Sixfields farce we used to book our holidays around the home games. Not any more though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That's the thing, they were cheap but made losses on it.

We can't moan about investment but then can't moan about ticket prices in line with the rest of the league.

But if less people buy more expensive tickets, or more people buy less expensive tickets, which is better? Surely it's the latter for atmosphere, pie revenue and general continuation of support?

I think that's where the club have gone wrong this year. If we are top in November and had a similar game to Burton at home from last year (yes I know they're not in our league anymore) we wouldn't get 17,000 fans at the current prices. Too many people would be put off IMO.

Maybe we were spoiled last year (in comparison to other teams, not in reality) but the proof was there, if we started playing well and the prices were fair, people would come back.

Nick

Administrator
But if less people buy more expensive tickets, or more people buy less expensive tickets, which is better? Surely it's the latter for atmosphere, pie revenue and general continuation of support?

I think that's where the club have gone wrong this year. If we are top in November and had a similar game to Burton at home from last year (yes I know they're not in our league anymore) we wouldn't get 17,000 fans at the current prices. Too many people would be put off IMO.

Maybe we were spoiled last year (in comparison to other teams, not in reality) but the proof was there, if we started playing well and the prices were fair, people would come back.

Last year we had them cheap but not enough went didn't they?

If we get a sniff of success, people will go anyway.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Last year we had them cheap but not enough went didn't they?

If we get a sniff of success, people will go anyway.

If you mean season tickets, it was on the back of a dire season in fairness, we only just survived relegation.

In terms of match to match, the growth was visible every week as we continued our good form. The net in the corner was being moved further and further round the telegraph stand until we hit our peak against Burton with about 17,000 (roughly). This then dipped and went back down when we started to fuck up didn't it?

Nick

Administrator
If you mean season tickets, it was on the back of a dire season in fairness, we only just survived relegation.

In terms of match to match, the growth was visible every week as we continued our good form. The net in the corner was being moved further and further round the telegraph stand until we hit our peak against Burton with about 17,000 (roughly). This then dipped and went back down when we started to fuck up didn't it?

Yes but the thing is we lose a single game and everybody does one again.

We win 6-0 and get less than 100 extra.

It is too fickle to try the whole put the prices dirt cheap thing isn't it?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Yes but the thing is we lose a single game and everybody does one again.

We win 6-0 and get less than 100 extra.

It is too fickle to try the whole put the prices dirt cheap thing isn't it?

Maybe, but i'd put that down to many years of negativity in the club being ingrained in people. It's like a disease.

You're totally right though, when we won 6-0 I couldn't believe what I was seeing, yet when we lose, it does feel a little like 'same old city.' I still think the club need to give the fans in the middle a chance though.

Calista

Thanks for the screen shots Nick – where did you find them because I’m damned if I can. I mean, the season is well underway and (incredibly) the Ticket Prices page of the official website still just says “Matchday ticket prices for the 2016/17 season will be released soon”. And when I sign in to the Buy Online section and click on match tickets / packages, I get “No results matching your filters”. The club’s sales and marketing are worse than pathetic, and have been for many years.

The package prices you posted seem to be a £2 discount per ticket on pay-at-the gate. Sadly, that saving isn’t really worth the sheer frustration of having to actually deal with the club to get hold of the vouchers. Phone, website, email, visiting the ticket office – all of them are a complete pain. And I’m not blaming the individual staff because the whole operation is being run on a shoestring.

So we’ll pay at the gate when it suits us, and the fifty quid we spent last night was pretty hard to justify.

Nick

Administrator
I would think the match packages once live at the end of the week will be able to be used via ticketmaster and their print at home option to save the hassle.

Seamus1

If the same as last season, I think as well these match packages allow you to take friends along, so instead of using them as one ticket per match, you can take along up to 18 friends on that 20 match package deal to see one match. I wish I had 18 friends!!

This is why I have previously said it would be good if those who think that the cost of tickets is too high to club together, and for around £17 each, could get one of these packages to share between themselves

Users who are viewing this thread