Match Package Tickets (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

Hey folks, ive got a season ticket myself but I also bought a 6 match package to bring mates with me when there free. Quick question -

If I phone up and exchange one of my tickets for a match ticket to the Crewe game do they post the tickets out to you and then I just throw one away at my end ? How does it work ? I live in Norfolk you see so it isn't that simple for me to just nip and get the tickets.

I understand you can exchange them on the gate but I'm not actually sure which gates you can do that on, im on block 21 if that's gives you an idea of where I enter.

Cheers folks

Last edited:

ericagradus

I've had to go from season ticket to 12 match pass as having a baby in December. I was told could ring up, allocate ticket and exchange my voucher on the day for seat ticket.

Tried this for Wigan and wasn't allowed. Ended up a week before having to go to club shop to exchange for ticket

Nick

Administrator
Do you want a specific seat when they go in or anywhere? IF anywhere just hand them in on the cash turnstyle.

I am not sure if you can do the exchange over the phone as they need to take one of the vouchers from you and mark it as used so you can reserve a seat and swap it over on the day.

Ashdown

There were substantial queues outside the ticket kiosk on Saturday at about 2.45 which may have frustrated a few people. With pay on the gate available I'm guessing a few of these would have been exchanging vouchers. If you don't want to get caught in that, then I'd sort it out in advance or as early as you can on matchday.

mark82

What do you mean wasn't allowed? Just book it like a normal ticket over the phone and tell them you have a voucher. You should then be able to pick up from the matchday ticket office at the Ricoh which is by the main entrance (ie where the club shop used to be).

standupforcity

I have these vouchers and it's very straight forward. Phone up in the week to tell them the seats you want, having looked on the website, and on the day you take your voucher(s) to the collection window at the Ricoh. Very short queue on Sat...took 3 mins. Don't go to the ticket sales window next to it...this will be very long and not what you want.

cov4theprem

I got 2 of the match packages and took my 8 yr old lad the Wigan game. Coming from Derby it is not easy to exchange at the tkt office and I did not want the hassle to be honest of queuing when we got there. I tweeted them and they confirmed that you can just present them at the turnstyle to gain admission and this we did no problem. The only gripe was that they do not then allocate you with seat numbers and we had to move 3 times when season ticket holders etc found us sat in their seats. I think they need to rethink this as it is not much fun for anyone when that happens.

standupforcity

I got 2 of the match packages and took my 8 yr old lad the Wigan game. Coming from Derby it is not easy to exchange at the tkt office and I did not want the hassle to be honest of queuing when we got there. I tweeted them and they confirmed that you can just present them at the turnstyle to gain admission and this we did no problem. The only gripe was that they do not then allocate you with seat numbers and we had to move 3 times when season ticket holders etc found us sat in their seats. I think they need to rethink this as it is not much fun for anyone when that happens.

Just phone up in the week and book the seats you want...easy. I did it, no problem..coming from London!

standupforcity

Like this.....'I have these vouchers and it's very straight forward. Phone up in the week to tell them the seats you want, having looked on the website, and on the day you take your voucher(s) to the collection window at the Ricoh. Very short queue on Sat...took 3 mins. Don't go to the ticket sales window next to it...this will be very long and not what you want.'

mark82

I have these vouchers and it's very straight forward. Phone up in the week to tell them the seats you want, having looked on the website, and on the day you take your voucher(s) to the collection window at the Ricoh. Very short queue on Sat...took 3 mins. Don't go to the ticket sales window next to it...this will be very long and not what you want.

Exactly this. Never had to queue too long. Like others I come from outside Coventry and never had an issue (although I often stay with family). If you are cutting it fine, leave 15 minutes earlier next time.

SkyBlueSid

When we bought our package we were told that you could get a ticket in advance at the shop (which we did for Wigan) or just et a random seat at the cash turnstile on the day. We asked if we could phone up to book seats in advance and the woman old us we couldn't. Looks like that was a lie!

It seems that nobody has a clue in the ticket offices there if they are telling everyone a different story regarding these match packages. They are operating it on a shoestring with staff that they don't actually employ so no wonder it's a shambles.

cov4theprem

Like this.....'I have these vouchers and it's very straight forward. Phone up in the week to tell them the seats you want, having looked on the website, and on the day you take your voucher(s) to the collection window at the Ricoh. Very short queue on Sat...took 3 mins. Don't go to the ticket sales window next to it...this will be very long and not what you want.'

The club should make it as easy as possible to go and not complicate for those that make an impulse decision to go. If they told match package customer to use turnstile 25 (for example..) then swapped your open tkt for a seat number then it is job done. No queueing on phone, no queuing at tkt office etc. those who want a specific seat can still do that option.

CovisGod

So when you say Cash Turnstiles where are they situated ? I'm not sure which turnstile I bornally go in but it's pretty much opposite behind block 21, jist after all the bricks with folks names on.

Cash turnstile would be fine as he can sit in my Daughters season ticket seat

Nick

Administrator
So when you say Cash Turnstiles where are they situated ? I'm not sure which turnstile I bornally go in but it's pretty much opposite behind block 21, jist after all the bricks with folks names on.

They usually just have cash above them, not entirely sure which one it is.

Grendel

The club should make it as easy as possible to go and not complicate for those that make an impulse decision to go. If they told match package customer to use turnstile 25 (for example..) then swapped your open tkt for a seat number then it is job done. No queueing on phone, no queuing at tkt office etc. those who want a specific seat can still do that option.

That's exactly what you can do you don't need a ticket the voucher is sufficient.

Grendel

There were a few last game at the corner of the ground by (number 30 - 33?)

chiefdave

The only gripe was that they do not then allocate you with seat numbers and we had to move 3 times when season ticket holders etc found us sat in their seats. I think they need to rethink this as it is not much fun for anyone when that happens.

Would make sense for them to give you a ticket as if you were paying cash. I assume they do this for people who pay on the gate otherwise it would be chaos, well more chaos than usual.

Nick

Administrator
Would make sense for them to give you a ticket as if you were paying cash. I assume they do this for people who pay on the gate otherwise it would be chaos, well more chaos than usual.

they did last season when using them.

standupforcity

Still too complicated...it's so straight forward as it is...don't get the problem! Swapping for a seat at a turnstile doesn't give you the choice of where you sit....

vincy

Yes, they give you a ticket if you handover your match package ticket at a cash turnstyle. Took my Dad up for his first ever game with two of my 12 tickets :)
Just ask an orange coat as I did, and they will tell you where to find the cash turnstyles.

cov4theprem

That's exactly what you can do you don't need a ticket the voucher is sufficient.

Its no problem to get in with the voucher but they do not allocate you any seats. I'm happy with in any seat, and can move around to a spare seat once the game starts if I wish, but I just wish they gave us a seat in the first place as people think you are sitting in their seat on purpose and talk like piece of shit when they want you to move

chiefdave

Still too complicated...it's so straight forward as it is...don't get the problem! Swapping for a seat at a turnstile doesn't give you the choice of where you sit....

Not sure how else they can work it. If you want a particular seat you'd have to either reserve it in advance or get it from the ticket office. Same as if you were paying any other way than with a voucher.

The tickets on the cash gate will be pre printed so you'd have at best a limited selection.

chiefdave

Its no problem to get in with the voucher but they do not allocate you any seats. I'm happy with in any seat, and can move around to a spare seat once the game starts if I wish, but I just wish they gave us a seat in the first place as people think you are sitting in their seat on purpose and talk like piece of shit when they want you to move

It sounds like they are supposed to give you a ticket but some aren't. Might be worth dropping an email to that matchday email the club tweeted.

Nick

Administrator

They did just exchange it for a match ticket, the same as if you were paying cash.

SkyBlueSid

What is most annoying is that with the match packages you can't get tickets online. For people like us who don't live in Coventry it would be by far the best option. Again, it's all about the whole thing being run on a shoestring.

Nick

Administrator
What is most annoying is that with the match packages you can't get tickets online. For people like us who don't live in Coventry it would be by far the best option. Again, it's all about the whole thing being run on a shoestring.

Can you not just give them a ring and say you want a certain seat?

I never had an issue with match packages, just turned up and traded them in at the turnstyle and went straight in and watched the game.

standupforcity

Step 1: Check available seats online and decide the seats you'd like.
Step 2: Phone the ticket office in the week of the game and tell them the seats you'd like.
Step 3: Go to Collection office at the Ricoh on the day, hand in your voucher and get the seats you booked in return.
Step 4: Go and enjoy the game.

Nothing could be simpler...I waited 3 mins in the collection queue on Sat.

SkyBlueSid

Step 1: Check available seats online and decide the seats you'd like.
Step 2: Phone the ticket office in the week of the game and tell them the seats you'd like.
Step 3: Go to Collection office at the Ricoh on the day, hand in your voucher and get the seats you booked in return.
Step 4: Go and enjoy the game.

Nothing could be simpler...I waited 3 mins in the collection queue on Sat.

I will try that. I think we are intending to go to the Southend game now it is on the Monday.

The thing is that we were told specifically when we bought them at the old ticket office that this option was not available. If it is, it will help us out. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread