Match of Their Day (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

Actually nice to see some highlights from the past on what would've been a MOTD episode.

It's also an interesting reminder of how much football has changed in the last fee years.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

wingy

Actually nice to see some highlights from the past on what would've been a MOTD episode.

It's also an interesting reminder of how much football has changed in the last fee years.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
Yeah
Been pushing some stuff in my grandsons direction

Bit of a social history lesson.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

There’s YouTube vids showing footage of games played around 1900-1905. Really fascinating stuff particularly seeing players who react in different ways to the camera

Brighton Sky Blue

1:24, they didn't need VAR then!

Imagine telling the folks of 1901 that games could be watched on a handheld device anywhere in the world, that a small chip in the ball would detect whether or not it had crossed the line and that technology could measure the distance between players to 0.1 mm. Or most of all that their clubs would still be going strong 120 years into the future.

The panning of the crowd was really heartwarming to watch

fernandopartridge

Imagine telling the folks of 1901 that games could be watched on a handheld device anywhere in the world, that a small chip in the ball would detect whether or not it had crossed the line and that technology could measure the distance between players to 0.1 mm. Or most of all that their clubs would still be going strong 120 years into the future.

The panning of the crowd was really heartwarming to watch

Fantastic clips.

Users who are viewing this thread