Massive Thank you (1 Viewer)

JimmyHillsbeard

On Saturday morning I sent out a tweet linked to my justgiving page - I’m running the Liverpool half marathon in March and raising money for Brain Tumour Research after my eldest son was diagnosed with a tumour at Christmas. Without being asked, Nick very kindly retweeted the tweet and I’ve been overwhelmed by the words of support and generous donations from so many people. From a standing start (and a notional ‘target may of £400 I’ve just passed the £1000 raised level.

There have been donations from people I don’t know and several anonymous donations that followed Nick’s retweet so can I just say that if you saw the tweet, liked it or sent a message or support or donated to the cause, THANK YOU. You’re amazing.

JHb.

pusbccfc

Good luck with it. Will be a brilliant day.

Nick

Administrator
Im sorry to hear about your son and I hope he is OK!

It just popped up in the feed so thought I'd RT it although with things like this and members fundraising I am more than happy to tweet it and have a post running for it to get some more attention / donations :)

superskyblue

On Saturday morning I sent out a tweet linked to my justgiving page - I’m running the Liverpool half marathon in March and raising money for Brain Tumour Research after my eldest son was diagnosed with a tumour at Christmas. Without being asked, Nick very kindly retweeted the tweet and I’ve been overwhelmed by the words of support and generous donations from so many people. From a standing start (and a notional ‘target may of £400 I’ve just passed the £1000 raised level.

There have been donations from people I don’t know and several anonymous donations that followed Nick’s retweet so can I just say that if you saw the tweet, liked it or sent a message or support or donated to the cause, THANK YOU. You’re amazing.

JHb.

When things like this come along you realise that a large percentage of people are fundamentally good, which may not always be evident on social media. I'm sure your donations will have swelled as a result of the generosity of people on this forum as well as on Twitter etc. Nice to see!

All the best with the half marathon and all the best to your son in his recovery.

JimmyHillsbeard

Just a quick update. The Liverpool Half-M goes ahead tomorrow and from my notional target of £400 for Brain Tumour Research And thanks to the incredibly generous support of friends, family, colleagues, and loads of you from SBT I’ve reached £5000.

I’m stunned and awe-struck. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

JHb

AStonesThrow

Just a quick update. The Liverpool Half-M goes ahead tomorrow and from my notional target of £400 for Brain Tumour Research And thanks to the incredibly generous support of friends, family, colleagues, and loads of you from SBT I’ve reached £5000.

JHb
Fantastic news, well done all. Good luck with the run, hope you’ll be wearing a City shirt for it!

Astute

JHb
Just looking at your picture with you wearing a blue skirt is worth a donation ;)

Well done and hope it goes well for you.

JimmyHillsbeard

Done. Very pleased to report that I successfully dragged my carcass around Liverpool and raised over £5k for Brain Tumour Research in a respectable time.
Thanks so much for all of your support - from Nick who publicised the first tweet and all those of you who responded to this thread. Robbie Savage and Your actual factual Carlton Palmer have gave me some support and publicised the page on twitter.

But most of all, here I wanted to thank all of the SBT community who have been immense. Thanks so much. Really means a lot.

Astute

Done. Very pleased to report that I successfully dragged my carcass around Liverpool and raised over £5k for Brain Tumour Research in a respectable time.
Thanks so much for all of your support - from Nick who publicised the first tweet and all those of you who responded to this thread. Robbie Savage and Your actual factual Carlton Palmer have gave me some support and publicised the page on twitter.

But most of all, here I wanted to thank all of the SBT community who have been immense. Thanks so much. Really means a lot.
Excellent and well done. A lot of money raised for a very good cause.

AStonesThrow

Well done mate, bet it’s a relief to have it over with now. Not an easy task these marathons and I’ve a lot of admiration for anyone who will do them, and especially for you with the amount you’ve managed to raise. Congratulations :)

Users who are viewing this thread