Marvin Hagler Has Died (1 Viewer)

LastGarrison

Just read this on the BBC and was genuinely shocked.

I would urge anyone interested in boxing, and particularly that era, to read the excellent book Four Kings by George Kimball which covers the stories and fights of Leonard, Hagler, Hearns and Duran!

And for any of the younger posters who may have heard about those fighters but never really saw any of the fights then just spend an hour or two on YouTube. You will NOT be disappointed.

RIP Marvellous Marvin. A true HoF.

Adge

The clue is in the name “Marvellous”
The original Mike Tyson with a granite chin.As a nipper can remember the Hearns fight-if anyone hasn’t seen it it’s still for me the best first round in boxing to this day when he fought Hearns.

bringbackrattles

The original Mike Tyson with a granite chin.As a nipper can remember the Hearns fight-if anyone hasn’t seen it it’s still for me the best first round in boxing to this day when he fought Hearns.

The War !

bringbackrattles

I was watching on YouTube recently his fight with Minter. Minter was no slouch but Hagler was a machine that night. Anybody who's never seen it should check it out.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Just read this on the BBC and was genuinely shocked.

I would urge anyone interested in boxing, and particularly that era, to read the excellent book Four Kings by George Kimball which covers the stories and fights of Leonard, Hagler, Hearns and Duran!

And for any of the younger posters who may have heard about those fighters but never really saw any of the fights then just spend an hour or two on YouTube. You will NOT be disappointed.

RIP Marvellous Marvin. A true HoF.

Absolutely superb book. I never saw any of them live but i'll never tire of watching 'The War' on youtube, absolutely incredible.

wingy

His wife said he died unexpectedly at home,then his son said he was having breathing problems and chest pains, and rushed to hospital. Bit odd !
Unless they're interpreting the same thing differently .
She may have realised he was gone but they son may have thought the medic's could work on him

bringbackrattles

Unless they're interpreting the same thing differently .
She may have realised he was gone but they son may have thought the medic's could work on him
His wife said he died suddenly with no comment on hospital at all. It should come out soon, but still shocking news.

Users who are viewing this thread