Martin Wynch (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
"it could have been palace all over again couldn't it? hahaha"

Why the hell was he laughing about it? Why is it funny that we were so close to conceding in the last minute again?

SkyBlue_Bear83

"it could have been palace all over again couldn't it? hahaha"

Why the hell was he laughing about it? Why is it funny that we were so close to conceding in the last minute again?
In dire times like this you just have to laugh it off or end up crying.

J

Jack Griffin

He said "Whatever happens happens".

I don't think he knows what is happening & certainly has no control over it.

skybluetom

I can't stand the fucking stupid questions!

He's just asked Juke if he thinks we're going to win sooner or later. What exactly is Juke going to say to that? 'No, I think this run is going to continue for many months to come and we're doomed.' It's like when they ask players fighting relegation if they can get out of it, there hardly going to say no we've all given up.

Colonel Mustard

It's sad to think that a generation of CCFC fans have grown up with Foster, Turner, Eakin, Winch and co as their source of news. I remember back in the day when the local Coventry media had Rob Gurney, Adam Dent for the CET, Adam Mountford (now Test Match Special editor), Phil Mercer. Night and day.

rob9872

Is that Rob Gurney the Wolves fan we're discussing?

Tbh I think they're all pretty poor but in Foster and Linell (sp?) who I have slagged off for his rubbish spouted on twitter, at least they are genuine City fans. Not sure about the others.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Is that Rob Gurney the Wolves fan we're discussing?

Tbh I think they're all pretty poor but in Foster and Linell (sp?) who I have slagged off for his rubbish spouted on twitter, at least they are genuine City fans. Not sure about the others.

Rob Gurney was/is a Coventry fan, I seem to remember he was originally from Bedworth and now lives in Kenilworth. It was Adam Dent of the CET who was the Wolves fan. Any idea what Gurney and Dent are doing nowadays? I really miss them especially when we have to suffer the likes of Martin Wynch. Having said this not all was rosy in the CWR days of yesteryear, anyone remember Rob Bulldock? How he ever made a career in broadcasting lord only knows!

Johnnythespider

I have to say Adam Dent never really impressed me, Neville Foulger though, he was class.

torchomatic

cloughie

about right the man is in an impossible situation to have any effect on anything other than the players in front of him

rob9872

I have to say Adam Dent never really impressed me, Neville Foulger though, he was class.

I remember Neville Foulger from the Pink days but he was a Leicester fan. May have even been on the board if my memory isn't playing tricks on me.

Colonel Mustard

He wasn't everybody's cup of tea, but I always found him objective, insightful, and straight-talking on the radio - a good foil for Gurney. As for his CET reporting, he got quite a lot of scoops that make him look like Nick Davies in comparison to the hapless Turner. No question, though, that Gurney was the biggest loss from the Coventry media scene over the last 15 - 20 years.

Nonleagueherewecome

Did no-one else pick up on the "awkward" moment?

Winch asked Thorn "Do you expect to have the same 16 players for the next game, after the window has closed?"

Thorn said: "I'm hoping to have 14". There then followed 4-5 seconds of dead air. I'd imagine that was as AT gave a knowing look to a baffled Winch who was trying to work out what he was insinuating! The obvious between-the-lines bit that Winch missed was Thorns pun-about expecting 2 of todays 16 to be sold from under him before the transfer window is closed. Which seems entirely believable. The only bit I'm not sure about is whether Thorn was being ironic..it was Winch's job to follow up the quip from Thorn with a "what do you mean" tyoe line of enquiry, as we couldn't see Thorns expression on the bloody radio!

Tbh Thorn sounds a bit like I do now whenever I have to justify a mess that is my employers fault..I'm very careful not to say anything too opinionated, make sure I say the standard PR line, whilst being sympathetic to the complaint and giving a clue to those intelligent enough to pick it up that I'm as pissed of as an employee as they are as a customer.

Poor Thorny. Bet he'd love to chin Dulieu; he was forging a promotion winning side last season, now he's heading for the managerial scrapheap.

Users who are viewing this thread