Marlon will not sign (1 Viewer)

Rocks

Am i missing something? How would Jorgensen know what Marlon's going to do?!

Although "Jørgensen is a qualified helicopter pilot" made me laugh :)

canningt

he commentates sometimes on coventry and warwickshire, and he is an ex player so probably still speaks to people

rob9872

He is sometimes on CWR and does have links I believe with the club but still can't see him knowing and not the radio or other noises from the club. Doubt he will sign regardless but here's hoping

rob9872

First ever goal at Ricoh too. Not the best player but will always go down in CCFC history for that

Rocks

Maybe he was flying past and saw Marlon ripping up his contract!!

Lets be honest, he probably knows as much as we do! Marlon obviously wont sign because he hasn't signed (yet) Keep the faith brother! ;)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Let's face it.... King is going elsewhere :(

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Just got back from awards night n he wudnt give too much away, so cant imagine he'd share much more with Claus!! Quite a strange rumour to start i must admit but surely theres others within the game he'd confide in. Lets just hope he doesnt run his options past his bezzie mate Boothroyd! He def wudnt stay then!!!!

canningt

Just got back from awards night n he wudnt give too much away, so cant imagine he'd share much more with Claus!! Quite a strange rumour to start i must admit but surely theres others within the game he'd confide in. Lets just hope he doesnt run his options past his bezzie mate Boothroyd! He def wudnt stay then!!!!

much said at the awards night?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Not really. Marlon, as he won 2 awards, was a bit vague in his speech's sayin that he's reviewing his options, but wudnt commit to sayin he'd like to stay etc however hes such a nice guy when you get to talk to him!

Nothing of note mentioned by the board. Just Ken Delieu thanking all sponsors, playing and backroom staff, but disappointingly didnt mention the fans much (someone tells me he did mention us (fans) however i didnt catch that bit so must have been very brief!)

Nice tribute to Jimmy Hill for his award, but he wasnt there to pick it up, so Ken Delieu presented it to Joe Elliott (who i assume will pass it on in person, unless they give that job to City Link).

On a non ccfc related matter, Matt Le Tissier was a very good special guest, and pretty funny at times! We do seem to pick pretty good after dinner speakers at these events!

Covstu

He would be daft if he wasnt reviewing his options and he has nicely put himself in the shop window with his recent scoring record. For a promoting team or mid level premier club its little risk however he wont play every week.

sotv1987

Marlon has been quoted as saying he will not be rushed into a decision on his future, all we can do is hope he does the decent thing a sign on the dotted line, however, if he doesn't then so be it, i have faith in AT to replace him with a decent player to compliment the juke up front, ultimately MK is not the be all and end all of CCFC!!!

TommyAtkins

No surprise. Marlon King was always unlikely to sign a new contract with us.

He had the ideal chance at the Awards to thank the fans and announce he was signing.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I agree Tommy. AT has already said we wont be held to ransom over wages etc.

What King also needs to consider is, what other fans will accept him?? Or will he have to win over yet another load of supporters befire hes accepted?? At 31 would he want to move to a club and not feel welcome?? Ayleast he has the support here of the majority of supporters!!

If he did move, it would have to be to a newly promoted side / lower prem side. If West Ham stay (or even come down as they'll be a force next season if they do), maybe he could go there?? But i dont think any other prem teams would be interested.

Cardiff may come in for him again, depending on what league they are in. I dont think Norwich or QPR will be interested, so his options imo will be limited.

I hope he signs for us again, but i wont hold my breath.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Kings contract doesnt run out until 1st July..... quite rightly he is using that time, just as anyone else would, to review his situation. Many clubs will not be active in the market until then. As he is under contract until 1st July clubs have to ask to approach him. After 1st July its a free for all and I would expect he will get quite a few enquiries having scored 13 goals in 29 appearances at a lower Championship team. Perfectly sensible to keep his options open - we all would do it.

Will other fans accept him..... of course they would, in the same way that our fans did. Half our fans were dead set against the guy start of the season, I doubt thats the case right now. Fans have been won over by his ability, determination and effort on the pitch.... and so long as he keeps himself behaved off the pitch that is all any fans see. Personally I admire is ability on the pitch but I still find his past behaviour offensive and reprehensible (that hasnt and wont change)...... doesnt stop me giving the guy credit for what he has done for the team, which after all is what I have paid for. As soon as he starts scoring the goals he will be very welcome at any club.

He has proven he is a goal scorer ..... in a business of few real morals and totally money driven that is a rare commodity..... dont kid yourself plenty of teams will take a look at him, especially as they will be able to tell their disgruntled fans of Kings year of rehabilitation at CCFC and that he got fans player of the year!

Is he replaceable, of course he is, every player is. Financial issues aside, the club will be here long after he goes. Would I like him here yes...... I think his attitude/ability and tutoring of the likes of Jutkiewicz has and could be just as valuable as his goals to us. Do i expect him to be here no....... and I cant blame him one bit in taking time to decide and then doing the best for his family..... its a short career and he (as we all would) needs to maximise his earnings.

From the interview I heard on CWR i got the strong feeling that the guy has been very touched by the support he has had at CCFC from players managers and most importantly & especially the fans. Trouble is it doesnt pay the bills and what ever he decides good luck to him

skybluejelly

i think at the end of the day he will stay in the championship,he has a good goalscoring record at championship level but pretty mediocre in the premier league ,as he is now 31 can not see any prem teams wanting him ,so unless a championship team offers him silly money we still have a chance,

sotv1987

Kings contract doesnt run out until 1st July..... quite rightly he is using that time, just as anyone else would, to review his situation. Many clubs will not be active in the market until then. As he is under contract until 1st July clubs have to ask to approach him. After 1st July its a free for all and I would expect he will get quite a few enquiries having scored 13 goals in 29 appearances at a lower Championship team. Perfectly sensible to keep his options open - we all would do it.

Will other fans accept him..... of course they would, in the same way that our fans did. Half our fans were dead set against the guy start of the season, I doubt thats the case right now. Fans have been won over by his ability, determination and effort on the pitch.... and so long as he keeps himself behaved off the pitch that is all any fans see. Personally I admire is ability on the pitch but I still find his past behaviour offensive and reprehensible (that hasnt and wont change)...... doesnt stop me giving the guy credit for what he has done for the team, which after all is what I have paid for. As soon as he starts scoring the goals he will be very welcome at any club.

He has proven he is a goal scorer ..... in a business of few real morals and totally money driven that is a rare commodity..... dont kid yourself plenty of teams will take a look at him, especially as they will be able to tell their disgruntled fans of Kings year of rehabilitation at CCFC and that he got fans player of the year!

Is he replaceable, of course he is, every player is. Financial issues aside, the club will be here long after he goes. Would I like him here yes...... I think his attitude/ability and tutoring of the likes of Jutkiewicz has and could be just as valuable as his goals to us. Do i expect him to be here no....... and I cant blame him one bit in taking time to decide and then doing the best for his family..... its a short career and he (as we all would) needs to maximise his earnings.

From the interview I heard on CWR i got the strong feeling that the guy has been very touched by the support he has had at CCFC from players managers and most importantly & especially the fans. Trouble is it doesnt pay the bills and what ever he decides good luck to him

i just love your posts OSB, even though it takes me an hour to read due to being at work. i agree in the main mate!!! There will be life after Marlon, lets start preparing for it, PUSB

smileycov

Facebook User
^^^ so the likes of Birmingham, sunderland, Blackburn to name a few are too big a club for Marlon are they? Think you will find as OSB pointed out, come 2 July he will have plenrty of offers to mull over.

Can't really see Marlon staying. On the other hand, can't really see him going to a Premiership side either, so top CCC side seems more likely. Just make sure you're not ending up a fox!

Greetings to all of you by the way. Norwegian fan here, finally attempting to be more active among the core fans=). Obviously planning a few trips over next season as well=). PUSB!

Coventry La La La

Can't really see Marlon staying. On the other hand, can't really see him going to a Premiership side either, so top CCC side seems more likely. Just make sure you're not ending up a fox!

Greetings to all of you by the way. Norwegian fan here, finally attempting to be more active among the core fans=). Obviously planning a few trips over next season as well=). PUSB!

:wave::welcome: To SBT Sky_Blue_Norway! :)

I can see Marlon going to either Cardiff or Leicester...... :eek::(

smileycov

Facebook User
King might sign if conditions are right

Marlon King has said that he could sign for Coventry City next season.

The striker who picked up the Top Goalscorer and The Club Website's Player of The Year told MC for the night Stuart Linnell at the club's End Of Season Awards that he would be speaking to his family and seeing how thngs went.

marlonstu.JPG

King (pictured above) finished by saying that he would be happy to sign for City next season if everything was right.

Speaking about his Top Goal Scorer award to the club website, King said: "It's been an emotional night for me after the year I've had so it's nice to know I've got the backing of the fans and the club. Everyone associated with the club has been magnificent so to get an award really tops it off," he said.

"I'd like to know I can get a fresh season under my belt next season because I felt that, had it not been for silly suspensions, I could have broken the 20 goals mark.”

You know what, i think he will stay.....i think his wife and family will sway him as they couldn't have liked the grief he first got and a move may re-light that fire!!
So balls on the table and "he will sign"

Hi Sky Blue Norway...enjoy:welcome:

sw88

Chief Commentator!

:welcome: Sky Blue Norway! Any decent Norwegian players about / available that you know of??? :D

rob9872

Trond Egil Soldvedt :)

:welcome: Sky Blue Norway! Any decent Norwegian players about / available that you know of??? :D

Loads!=). And in my opinion, more norwegians should jump on the chance to play in the championship - especially for the greatest team in english football history, CCFC. We do have a couple who's made the trip in recent years. Former "favourite" Michael Mifsud came from Norwegian outfit Lillestrøm=). Slovenian midfielder Robert Koren (made a big name in WBA) also made the move to the CCC (WBA) couple of years back. This January even, Petter Vaagan Moen went to newly promoted QPR. They were all decent in our league, but not neccessarily among the top players. The real talent is still up for grabs.

Heck, with AT taking the horns at the club, maybe I should apply for a scout position at the club, showing them where the real talent is.;)

And thanks for the warm reception guys, really warming a viking's heart up here in the north=)

ccfcway

if i was him i would stay tight lipped even if i wanted to stay.

I would make the club sweat and then go back to them on 30th June and say "i wanna stay, but other clubs could double my wages, whats your final offer"

then providing it was for more than iriginally offered, i would stay, knowing I have got what i could out of the club, but also get what i want, which is to stay were i am supported.

Frostie

From a very reliable source... King & Westwood have both told the club they will not be signing & Marlon is just making all the right noises until his contract expires. No mention of Gunnarsson yet though....

SkyBlueScottie

King himself

"
Although everything is right in terms of being settled at the club and the brand of football under Andy Thorn, the ambitious King knows this could be his last chance of having a crack at the big time.
“I can’t lie, everything is under consideration,” he said. “If you ask a normal working person to double their wages, you have to weigh it up.
"It is a short career and I am 31 so everything will play a part in the decision I make – finance, ambition and opportunities.
“I am no spring chicken any more and I have got to be realistic.
“Being settled somewhere and when the fans adore you like they do it is hard to break that relationship.
"But I have got to be honest with myself and everyone else and you can’t tell a club you are going to be signing if you are not 100 per cent.

“I like to think I have left here with my head held high and it is good to see the club moving in the right direction.”

the last line is particularly relevant

bamalamafizzfazz

King himself

"
Although everything is right in terms of being settled at the club and the brand of football under Andy Thorn, the ambitious King knows this could be his last chance of having a crack at the big time.
“I can’t lie, everything is under consideration,” he said. “If you ask a normal working person to double their wages, you have to weigh it up.
"It is a short career and I am 31 so everything will play a part in the decision I make – finance, ambition and opportunities.
“I am no spring chicken any more and I have got to be realistic.
“Being settled somewhere and when the fans adore you like they do it is hard to break that relationship.
"But I have got to be honest with myself and everyone else and you can’t tell a club you are going to be signing if you are not 100 per cent.

“I like to think I have left here with my head held high and it is good to see the club moving in the right direction.”

the last line is particularly relevant

Where did you get this from??!!

Sorry just found it on CET.... Its been a long day :p

Users who are viewing this thread