Mark Robins (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Scunthorpe have won 4 matches in the 25 or so games since january 1st .
Im not sure what has happened to robins as i though he did well here , but scunny fans are after his sacking and some think it will come if coventry beat them on saturday .
I think after all he will want us to finish him off with that sky blue blood he has flowing through his veins lol(prat)

Evo1883

Haha would be nice , yes i believe we had sold 400 pre burton so im assuming we will take well over 1000 again

fernandopartridge

Im not sure what has happened to robins as i though he did well here , but scunny fans are after his sacking and some think it will come if coventry beat them on saturday .
I think after all he will want us to finish him off with that sky blue blood he has flowing through his veins lol(prat)

Funny how quickly things change. They had a brief run last year and there was a few posts wondering what might have been if he stayed.

His record here was pretty good but nevertheless peppered with bad defeats, not least Crewe but also others at the Ricoh in particular.

Sick Boy

Usually we are the ideal team to play when you need a win. Let's hope that we can get something from the game.

I'd take a point at the moment.

Evo1883

Normally i would agree with you sick boy ..just think we are a different kettle of fish altogether under mowbray

Sick Boy

Normally i would agree with you sick boy ..just think we are a different kettle of fish altogether under mowbray

Many said the same up until Xmas in Boothroyd's season in charge. My only concern is that many already have high expectations that need to be kept in proportion.

Gazolba

(prat)

Which means they will probably beat us.

SlowerThanPlatt

Wasn't Mowbray on a shortlist for the Scunthorpe job before Robins got it?

51% win percentage Robins had here, best ever by a Cov manager. Mowbray must be closing in? 45% Wikipedia says

ccfc92

Not yet :)

Have to agree with Sick boy, we struggled against Crewe and Southend.

Hopefully we hammer them 4 or 5-0, that would definitely get him the sack :D Judas.

Evo1883

Yep, will only get higher the better we do, personally i dont think top 6 is out of reach for us ..i genuinely believe we can do it

Grendel

Not yet :)

Have to agree with Sick boy, we struggled against Crewe and Southend.

Hopefully we hammer them 4 or 5-0, that would definitely get him the sack :D Judas.

We didn't really struggle against Crewe and Southend. We were dominant. Against Southend we were easily the better side.

We defended poorly at critical times. It's ironic given all the fuss about lack of goals as we look capable of scoring every time we go forward.

ccfc92

We didn't really struggle against Crewe and Southend. We were dominant. Against Southend we were easily the better side.

We defended poorly at critical times. It's ironic given all the fuss about lack of goals as we look capable of scoring every time we go forward.

I suppose struggled is the wrong word. Had to work harder for the points?

I just mean we steam rolled Wigan and Millwall. Then had to grind out the win vs Crewe, when in theory it should have been an easy 3 points.

ceetee

Crewe were physically strong, and although lacking in quality, were well organised. There are a number of teams like that in Div 3 and we have to learn how to beat them

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Old city in this situation old manager under pressure former players etc lose this game.

This bunch I have no doubt will it.....

Times are ch ch chan changing!!

skybluepm2

In hindsight, you cannot blame him for jumping ship with all the rigmarole that was due to occur (admin, points deductions, cost cutting, moving to shitfields), which I'm sure he knew about given that he sought assurances from Fishcake before he left.

However.... That waffle that he came out just days earlier left us all with a bitter taste and betrayed the trust of a group of fans who have been put through the shit more than any other in the country (arguably). We will never know if it would've worked out for him or not, but that path has led us to Mowbray who has so far been an absolute messiah. Things can change very quickly in football but TM has done a damn sight more in terms of stamping his own mark on the club as an entirety than Robins ever did.

We would all feel far worse this season if a championship club came calling for TM!

Do hope we stuff them on Saturday though :) very winnable fixture. If blackpool can do it....

Hobo

Robins did quite well here, but wasn't here long enough to get found out.

Mcbean

Will have all the player choice back - but they didn't do a bad job - Tudgays goal was a cracker

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
id say so he was a ignorant prick thinking he was too good for us tho hes a shit manager just proved it last 2 teams been with

Users who are viewing this thread