Mark Robins Tenure (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Am I right in saying that Mark Robins is now our longest serving manager since leaving the prem?

not taking his first crack with us I can’t remember a manager that lasted 3 seasons. Coleman maybe?

Monners

Going by Wikipedia Coleman was a little bit over 2 years. If you include his first spell Robins is closing in quickly on Strachan's record of the most games managed since Gordon Milne in the 70s/80s
And he has a similar ethos to Milne. As in play the game in the right way.

SkyBlueCharlie9

And he has a similar ethos to Milne. As in play the game in the right way.
Watched the West Ham v Cov 80s league cup semi final highlights of both legs the other night. The similarities between us then and now and our styles of play with young teams was very striking. How we didn't get to League cup final I'll never know.

Sky Blue Pete

Watched the West Ham v Cov 80s league cup semi final highlights of both legs the other night. The similarities between us then and now and our styles of play with young teams was very striking. How we didn't get to League cup final I'll never know.
I thought exactly the same. Bit different last night but needs must on occasion

Grendel

Really? We played a flat back 4 and two forwards didn’t we?

fernandopartridge

Yes I thought that, we played some great stuff in that 81 game, though we had some quality players

covcity4life

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread