Video Mark Robins | Millwall Preview (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Not seen him so negative for a while. Sounds to me like we still could lose a player late on, and their agent is the instigator in trying to get a move with bigger money. Could be Gyokeres he is referring to? He does say he would be given funds to replace, but players might not be available if it's a late transfer sale. In other words we don't have funds to speculate in preparation, which is understandable. To suggest we might not improve on 12th last season is saying the squad is weaker? At this point in time I would agree as Palmer is not there yet and O'Hare is out. We need one or two to step it up. But has He forgot Panzo? Feel he's better than Clarke-Salter tbh.
Think what Robins needs after all the frustration of the pitch saga, and uncertainty over late transfer bids is a good performance at Millwall followed by a return to the CBS with a bumper crowd next Tuesday. Then the mood will change.

Samo

Not seen him so negative for a while. Sounds to me like we still could lose a player late on, and their agent is the instigator in trying to get a move with bigger money. Could be Gyokeres he is referring to? He does say he would be given funds to replace, but players might not be available if it's a late transfer sale. In other words we don't have funds to speculate in preparation, which is understandable. To suggest we might not improve on 12th last season is saying the squad is weaker? At this point in time I would agree as Palmer is not there yet and O'Hare is out. We need one or two to step it up. But has He forgot Panzo? Feel he's better than Clarke-Salter tbh.
Think what Robins needs after all the frustration of the pitch saga, and uncertainty over late transfer bids is a good performance at Millwall followed by a return to the CBS with a bumper crowd next Tuesday. Then the mood will change.

And possibly a blowey

fatso

It's a bit too soon to get excited about Panzo, based solely on one competitive match against a team who finished 5th in league 1.

MR sounded a bit frustrated at not being able to recruit in the way he would of liked, which is understandable, but I think he always tries to down play the expectations of the fans, which in turn eases the pressure on the players.

CDK

There's a change of tone there which is understandable with the ground issue , possibility of losing likes of Vik.
Maybe he is starting to see the end of the his tenure at city.

robbiekeane

Christ almighty that was a shocker of a pre match interview.

Bloke looks truly uncomfortable throughout. Looks at the amount of what they call “soft exposing giveaways”….scratching his arm, scratching his head, scratching his wrist.

I’m forever the optimist but to be completely honest with you that looks like a stressed out man who’s plan has gone to shit

I’m worried

stupot07

He's mentioned a few times in the last week with Maatsen and JSC we are weaker than last season. He obviously sees Panzo as not quite the same standard. We are weaker than last season, even if you feel Panzo is as good as JCS.

Bidwell & Maatsen > Bidwell & Tayo

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread