Video Mark Robins and Ben Sheaf reflect on Coventry City's defeat to Bristol City 🎙 (1 Viewer)

CV22SBA

First half we were brillaint
Simms and godden have to score
First 25 mins we were brilliant. After the head injury to there player and then the sub they made we were poor.

Getting a bit fed up of hearing it’s a new team that needs to gel. We’re a quarter of the way through the season now.

Jamesimus

First 25 mins we were brilliant. After the head injury to there player and then the sub they made we were poor.

Getting a bit fed up of hearing it’s a new team that needs to gel. We’re a quarter of the way through the season now.

Even after the injury and their formation change we had chances we didn't take.

I don't think we need to gel, I think we are a few players returning and a few players needed to sign away from being a top ten team.

CV22SBA

Even after the injury and their formation change we had chances we didn't take.

I don't think we need to gel, I think we are a few players returning and a few players needed to sign away from being a top ten team.
Did we? Stats would say otherwise.
1st half 9 shots 1 on target.
2nd half 3 shots 0 on target.

Jamesimus

Did we? Stats would say otherwise.
1st half 9 shots 2 on target.
2nd half 3 shots 0 on target.

The fact we didn't get those shots on target points to the fact the finishing was the issue really doesn't it?

Also, I agree with your sentiment that we weren't as good after their injury and formation change - I'm just pointing out that we had further chances to score even after that.

Flying Fokker

'We are a work in progress'

Getting boring now hearing this over and over again

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Seriously high expectations. We are WIP, if the team is in the top 6 we will have over achieved like last season. You could be an Everton supporter or perhaps supported city in the annual relegation fight. Maybe the decline of the 2005-2017 passed some fans by?

gazza

'We are a work in progress'

Getting boring now hearing this over and over again

Exactly, they’ve already had 12 games to gel, its not like our midfields been ravaged by injury or anything

skyblue1991

Seriously high expectations. We are WIP, if the team is in the top 6 we will have over achieved like last season. You could be an Everton supporter or perhaps supported city in the annual relegation fight. Maybe the decline of the 2005-2017 passed some fans by?
Are you happy with how we have played in the last 12 games?

Other than the first two games (in which the first against Leicester we had Hamer still) I've not been convinced

Other teams go through a rebuilding process. However other teams haven't spent over £20m on new players like we have

SkyblueTexan

We didn’t dominate 75% of the game. Not sure what Sheaf was watching. First half yes, but second half no. If anything they looked the more likely to score again. We maybe had 1 or 2 half chances from what I recall although I’m trying hard to forget this nightmare.

Boicey

I am as concerned with the defence as much as going forward. Conceding sloppy goals to poor teams on a regular basis. We just aren't solid at the back which was a Robin's trademark.

procdoc

Other than the first two games (in which the first against Leicester we had Hamer still) I've not been convinced

Other teams go through a rebuilding process. However other teams haven't spent over £20m on new players like we have

We lost the two best players in the league and two of the best centre halves whose loans finished. Always going to be hard to replace that quality. Whoever we sign is not going to be as good as what we lost immediately, hence we are a work in progress

fernandopartridge

We've actually performed better in the past two games than we had previously bar Leicester

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Evo1883

Sometimes teams take time to really get going , see our league 2 season ..
We sign players on 4 year contracts, we have plenty of time to not just get them working brilliantly together ( as let's be honest there are phases of games where we look superb ) but we can also add to it .. I suppose the disappointment comes if you assumed we'd make the playoffs or be promoted this season

Me personally , we are transitioning and next season we will be far better

Jamesimus

We've actually performed better in the past two games than we had previously bar Leicester

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I didn't see the Norwich game as I was working, but I have been a full on bedwetter this season. I've thought we've looked awful, pedestrian, boring - even not that great when we've won.

The first half yesterday was the first glimmer of hope that I've seen (probably would have been the second had I seen the Norwich game), so I'm washing and drying the sheets now...

Users who are viewing this thread