Mark Lawrenson.......... (1 Viewer)

chickentikkamasala

Annoying :censored::jerkit: bloody commentator.... thinks he is funny but far from it..........

your opinions?

can someone move this to Football & Other Sports I posted in wrong section

Last edited:
He is a complete prick. How the fuck he is a BBC commentator is beyond me. He's Irish anyway, so get an England international on.

I've got the TV on, and listening to 5 live...Chris Waddle is much better.

Tad

Could be worse. Could be Alan Hansen. How he finds work, I'll never know.

Marty

tbf, I think they are both alright, they call it as they see it and don't really show much favoritism (part from Liverpool of course). Clive Tyldesley is an utter clown though, some of the crap he comes out with is unbelievable. Gary Neville is the best pundit for years.

wingy

Now i understand, it was the TWITTER comment that prompted this,and recieved unlimited abuse through that medium ,which ironically he won't know anything about.Far too much Vitriol for being a Dinosuar,like a lot of us.:(

Sutty

Lawrenson is the worst pundit I can remember. The number of times during a match I shout 'shut up Lawro' at the screen is unbelievable.

Makes stupid banal comments that he thinks are funny, then does that annoying laugh off-mic (at his own jokes).

Never gives tactical insight as he is presumably paid to do.

Is happy to criticise Polish-born Lukas Podolski for representing Germany, despite playing for Ireland by some tenuous family link.

No wonder Guy Mowbray got pissed off at him on air during the world cup - the man annoys me so much.

classicfooty

i cant stand lawro he is a class A bellend, the BBC need to shake things up and get rid. I remember reading in a paper once that he used to go off at his missus if she didnt iron and fold his pants and socks, thats all you need to know about this prick.

Brighton Sky Blue

Lawrenson is the worst pundit I can remember. The number of times during a match I shout 'shut up Lawro' at the screen is unbelievable.

Makes stupid banal comments that he thinks are funny, then does that annoying laugh off-mic (at his own jokes).

Never gives tactical insight as he is presumably paid to do.

Is happy to criticise Polish-born Lukas Podolski for representing Germany, despite playing for Ireland by some tenuous family link.

No wonder Guy Mowbray got pissed off at him on air during the world cup - the man annoys me so much.

Terrible commentator. Countless times he has a go at being funny and is completely ignored by whoever's commentating with him at the time; at least Paul Merson's stupidity is entertaining, Lawrenson's is mind numbing.

Covstu

dont think he is too bad, i like the Lawrenson, Linaker, Dixon and Hanson team it works well. Betrter than watching Adrian chiles!!

W

westcountry_skyblue

Thought he came out with a good joke last night when they were on about Pirlo's mrs being a dancer.Lawrenson to Mowbray"i bet she hopes it will be 2-2(tutu) tonight!!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I like Lawro! The game is just too serious at times! He brightens things up a bit! Now if we're talking absolute dross commentary, you can't beat Mick McCrapthy, sorry McCarthy. The man is as boring as a drill! Can't stand the man. And to top it all, when he has a half-time break (or full-time) we have banal analysis from Adrian the Child (sorry Chiles)!! Can't stand ITV coverage. Give be the Beeb any day!

Real

I like Roy Keane. Hated him as a player but I like his opinions because he tells things as he sees them, which I appreciate.

curlyc_

When you were a good a player as Alan Hansen was then he can pretty much say what he likes really...... Bring back Big Ron all is forgiven.....

Users who are viewing this thread