Margaret and Nick benefits program (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody else watch this? The amount of benefits some are getting is shocking

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Didn't see it tonight Nick, but I agree, the benefit system is a joke. I'm on a private pension of £11.02 a week. That is it. Nothing else. Other than that my wife and I, as a couple, are on Guaranteed Pension Credit, which pays rent and Council Tax. My wife's personal Pension takes care of the food bill, electric, water etc. Not a lot left at the end of the month. We've both worked all our lives and only once did I have a short period of unemployment of about 8 months, which was about 25 years ago. Now I'm over 60, I get really angry when I hear of people on sky high benefits and not paid a penny towards it in the past. My own daughter's partner is one. He's just over 40 and has NEVER worked in his life! (I disowned them, by the way!) I don't feel guilty about getting the benefits I am entitled to, because I've paid in thousands of pounds into the system over the years. It's those who DON'T pay into it, yet expect money as a right, that really piss me off! (Rant over!)

ccfcway

its the systems fault..

if they were made to "work" for their benefits, they wouldnt think twice about looking for a job

completely see that is a sterotype, and i really feel for those out of work who are looking, but they will also completely agree with working for your benefits..Hell knows there are people who could be visited, spent some time with, places that can be cleaned etc that would benefit and would illiminate the "whats the point of working" attititue of some...

why should anyone pay for anyone to get something for nothing ?

dutchman

Didn't see it tonight Nick, but I agree, the benefit system is a joke. I'm on a private pension of £11.02 a week. That is it. Nothing else. Other than that my wife and I, as a couple, are on Guaranteed Pension Credit, which pays rent and Council Tax. My wife's personal Pension takes care of the food bill, electric, water etc. Not a lot left at the end of the month.

Since 2010 Houch, people turning 60 don't even get that - the absolute minimum that the government says they need to survive on. Not even if they left school at 15 and have paid into the system all their working lives. Not even if they have terminal cancer or a fatal heart condition.

Didn't see it tonight Nick, but I agree, the benefit system is a joke. I'm on a private pension of £11.02 a week. That is it. Nothing else. Other than that my wife and I, as a couple, are on Guaranteed Pension Credit, which pays rent and Council Tax. My wife's personal Pension takes care of the food bill, electric, water etc. Not a lot left at the end of the month. We've both worked all our lives and only once did I have a short period of unemployment of about 8 months, which was about 25 years ago. Now I'm over 60, I get really angry when I hear of people on sky high benefits and not paid a penny towards it in the past. My own daughter's partner is one. He's just over 40 and has NEVER worked in his life! (I disowned them, by the way!) I don't feel guilty about getting the benefits I am entitled to, because I've paid in thousands of pounds into the system over the years. It's those who DON'T pay into it, yet expect money as a right, that really piss me off! (Rant over!)

Just out of interest mate could you tell me how you manage to claim pension credit? I thought you had to be of pensionable age to claim it i.e. over 65 years.

Houchens Head

Just out of interest mate could you tell me how you manage to claim pension credit? I thought you had to be of pensionable age to claim it i.e. over 65 years.

All I stated in my post was that I am "over 60". Didn't mention how old exactly. Also, my wife is of pensionable age.

All I stated in my post was that I am "over 60". Didn't mention how old exactly. Also, my wife is of pensionable age.

Sorry HH I wasn't being intrusive just asking the question but it seems Dutchman has already answered it.

I bet living by the coast on IOW has its compensations though.;)

Grappa

I'm on benefits but I deserve my benefits because I've paid taxes all my life except for when I didn't. Those other fuckers on benefits don't deserve them, unlike me who does because i paid my taxes, mostly. I get hardly anything, my rent and council tax are sorted but fucking hell I like a pint and I've worked all my life and paid my taxes so basically I deserve a pint and my rent and council tax paid unlike those other fucking spongers.

Houchens Head

I'm on benefits but I deserve my benefits because I've paid taxes all my life except for when I didn't. Those other fuckers on benefits don't deserve them, unlike me who does because i paid my taxes, mostly. I get hardly anything, my rent and council tax are sorted but fucking hell I like a pint and I've worked all my life and paid my taxes so basically I deserve a pint and my rent and council tax paid unlike those other fucking spongers.

..... but did you pay your taxes? :thinking about:

Houchens Head

Sorry HH I wasn't being intrusive just asking the question but it seems Dutchman has already answered it.

I bet living by the coast on IOW has its compensations though.;)

It's a tough life :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread