March/April (1 Viewer)

covboy9

March is a good run of games

April is much different real tough matches, a good run in march will set us up perfectly

Otis

March is a good run of games

April is much different real tough matches, a good run in march will set us up perfectly

If we're right up there in April then surely we have to fancy our chances against anyone don't we?

st john

Yes, for playoffs we probably need 6 to 7 wins and avoid defeat in 3 or 4 of the remaining games.
So the wins, if they are going to happen are most likely to come from some combination of the following games:
Hopefully we won't have to worry too much about April's results unless we have a chance of auto.

Hopefully we can win at least 6 of these;
Home games
Fleetwood
Rochdale
Swindon
Colchester
Bradford
Sheff U
Millwall

Away games
Shrewsbury
Blackpool
Doncaster
Oldham

Otis

Yes, for playoffs we probably need 6 to 7 wins and avoid defeat in 3 or 4 of the remaining games.
So the wins, if they are going to happen are most likely to come from some combination of the following games:
Hopefully we won't have to worry too much about April's results unless we have a chance of auto.

Hopefully we can win at least 6 of these;
Home games
Fleetwood
Rochdale
Swindon
Colchester
Bradford
Sheff U
Millwall

Away games
Shrewsbury
Blackpool
Doncaster
Oldham

We're on 52 and would probably need 75, so 23 points. 7 wins sounds about right.

Would have to think in terms of Oldham (who have a dreadful record at home), Colchester, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury, Swindon, Blackpool and then either Rochdale/Sheff U/Millwall/Bradford.

st john

We're on 52 and would probably need 75, so 23 points. 7 wins sounds about right.

Would have to think in terms of Oldham (who have a dreadful record at home), Colchester, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury, Swindon, Blackpool and then either Rochdale/Sheff U/Millwall/Bradford.

Yes, and I have a feeling we might come back with 3 points from either Peterborough or Gillingham even though they are difficult games.

Otis

Nope. Shrewsbury play Man U in the cup next week,so next game is Fleetwood at home in 2 weeks.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Brylowes

6th place last season was Chesterfield on 69 points. Does look like it will be a bit higher this year tho

st john

I'm still harbouring faint hopes of 2nd place, which was my prediction before the season started. Would need to be undefeated between now and the season end or at most 1 defeat and 10 / 11 wins to give us any chance. Unlikely in the extreme but still possible.

Users who are viewing this thread