Mansfield Tuesday/Norwich Wednesday (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Mansfield Tuesday/Norwich Wednesday this week,

Given Cov-id and with Norwich and Mansfield likely to field a first (ish) team, what type of sides do we intend to put out for both games?

Will it be a case of 2 mixed teams to try and give a game to the opponents. I know some of our fans are going to Mansfield with the Norwich game being BCD, so it will be a bit rich if we play a load of U23s (although I wouldn't blame us) As for the team against Norwich, will it be our strongest side? I'd be tempted to play the kids against them and a stronger side against Mansfield, although that will probably p*ss Norwich off. Thoughts.

Gint11

The more games the better. They need minutes and we need to find some cohesion and rhythm

skybluegod

I imagine it will be 2 Xi's getting the full 90 with 2/3 subs at each (kids) to cover for injuries and those that aren't fit enough. We will probably just about have that as I imagine we will have a some of the covid lot back this week, plus bright & godden are potentially going to be involved.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

The more games the better. They need minutes and we need to find some cohesion and rhythm

That's why I'd sooner put out a stronger side tonight - will have more of the ball and will be able to gain that cohesion. Tomorrow we will be potentially chasing shadows if they go full strength. Billy Gilmour, Cantwell, Pukki, Aarons etc. Good fitness workout, but potentially morale destroying.

Edit: do we know if Bright has agreed to turn out for any of these games, or is he picking and choosing which he fancies? :unsure::rolleyes:

rob9872

Was going tonight but not 100% sure now, not sure I want to drive 2hrs to potentially watch (no disrespect to them) an U18s/21s side if we were to rest everyone ready for tomorrow.
What makes you think that? is it confirmed anywhere as I'd rather give it a swerve too - currently not the ticket cost but fuel, food and need to leave work early. I'd rather save that if it isn't first team.

fatso

What makes you think that? is it confirmed anywhere as I'd rather give it a swerve too - currently not the ticket cost but fuel, food and need to leave work early. I'd rather save that if it isn't first team.
It might be the covid squad tonight as they try and get some fitness.
They will play in masks, carry hand sanitizer, and cough up every 10 seconds.
And practice socially distancing at set pieces.

slowpoke

Think Mansfield game will be similar to last Saturday will be just how Robins shuffles the pack, personally would like to see Bright get at least half a game and Bushiri playing alongside our regular defenders.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It might be the covid squad tonight as they try and get some fitness.
They will play in masks, carry hand sanitizer, and cough up every 10 seconds.
And practice socially distancing at set pieces.

They've been doing that last one for ages anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread