Managers of Cov City (1 Viewer)

hopesprings

The thread that asked for best sky blue X1 with manager prompted the question. Can there be another club anywhere in the world let alone here in the uk that has had managers with so many league appearances? I know we have had a lot of managers but when you total their league appearances wow!!

skyblueinBaku

I assume you mean appearances as a player. If so, it goes to show that (in some cases) being a good player doesn't mean you'll become a good manager.

torchomatic

It can mean the opposite. Some of the best players were rubbish managers.

Graeme Souness, Gary McAllister, Alan Ball, Ossie Ardilles, Glenn Hoddle, David Platt, John Barnes, Bryan Robson....the list is endless.

torchomatic

torchomatic

Yeah, I do. In fact, a lot of great managers played at a low level. For example I think Big Ron only ever played at non-league level and the obvious one Arsene Wenger who only made a handful of professional appearances.

OK, Torch. Seems you agree with me.

torchomatic

Yes, amazing really. Strachan was one of the worst managers we've had. I liked Coleman but he wasn't much better.

sky blue john

Yes, amazing really. Strachan was one of the worst managers we've had. I liked Coleman but he wasn't much better.

We were strachans first job and he has done a lot better after us.
Coleman is the one that has annoyed me most. He had the squad of players capable of getting us back in the prem but he under achieved.

skablue

Strachan was never our worst manager, i'd go as far to say he was one of our better manager's in the 30 years i've been following the Sky Blues. He brought some fantastic players to the club, played an attractive style of football, Sky dubbed us the 'Entertainers', unfortunately those running the club had taken a punt to far and Strachan was unable to replace players with the quality of McAllister and Keane with the players of the same standard, Bellamy came in from Norwich after a lengthy injury spell and only started to play when Hartson arrived, unfortunately it was too late by then, Strachan had wanted to bring Hartson in a couple of month's earlier but the board wouldn't sanction the move due to insurance concerns, had Hartson signed earlier I firmly believe we would have beaten the drop. I also believe that had WGS not been sacked after a few games in the Championsip then he would have taken us back to the Premier League at the first attempt. My vote for worst City manager has to be Peter Reid, the bloke just didn't seem interested in the job.

We were strachans first job and he has done a lot better after us.
Coleman is the one that has annoyed me most. He had the squad of players capable of getting us back in the prem but he under achieved.

i cant see how he has, he got us relegated he got southampton relegated (albeit redknapp was in charge at the time strachan started the ball rolling) he nearly relegated middlesborough (only saved by mowbrey) only succeeded at celtic as you cant fail there.

terrible terrible manager but very entertaing one

superskyblue

I really want to dislike Strachan after he took us down, but I just find him absolutely hilarious, glad he is going to be back in press conferences again.

Users who are viewing this thread