Manager Loyalty?! (1 Viewer)

Hullinho87

I have ben quite scathing at times with the way clubs have ben disposing of managers with no long term plan consideration, especially in recent weeks ...

Nigel Adkins, Sean O'Driscoll to name two amongst many but ...

the MR situation really does change things in my mind as it just confirms that these things do really work both ways.

No real point here just my thoughts really.

It would be great to see Eric Black back, it would sit comfortably with me.

PUSB

Skybluestu82

I have ben quite scathing at times with the way clubs have ben disposing of managers with no long term plan consideration, especially in recent weeks ...

Nigel Adkins, Sean O'Driscoll to name two amongst many but ...

the MR situation really does change things in my mind as it just confirms that these things do really work both ways.

No real point here just my thoughts really.

It would be great to see Eric Black back, it would sit comfortably with me.

PUSB

Your bang on, there is no loyalty left in the world (just made the same point on another thread)

And yes it does work both ways, if clubs were more loyal then I'd guess managers would be just as loyal in return. It's a 'me' culture these days and by the looks of it that ain't gunna change.

cmoncity

ole gunnar solsjkaer id would want.could be that city wud be great way into england for him? long shot i no but hey ho

withnail

Good point regarding it working both ways.
Cov are just a job to MR.
People are always going to leave jobs to go to other jobs to make the best of their careers or make more money; I don't hate the bloke.
But MR's 'sky blue blood' comments were somewhat naive considering he's only been here five minutes.
I love Cov, they are a member of my family, I've got Sky Blue blood, so's Oggy and so have you all, MR hasn't.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Loyalty works both ways doesnt it. This time the boot is on the other foot and the manager has moved out of his own choice. CCFC can not really complain given some of the actions they have taken over the years

I am afraid we can do nothing other than accept what is happening and move on. Players and managers, even owners come and go the important thing is that the Club remains.

Short term the effects i think will be largely negative ....... but we have to deal with it and move on from it ....... ensure we learn the lessons, create a better team, secure a future.

dongonzalos

Loyalty works both ways doesnt it. This time the boot is on the other foot and the manager has moved out of his own choice. CCFC can not really complain given some of the actions they have taken over the years

I am afraid we can do nothing other than accept what is happening and move on. Players and managers, even owners come and go the important thing is that the Club remains.

Short term the effects i think will be largely negative ....... but we have to deal with it and move on from it ....... ensure we learn the lessons, create a better team, secure a future.

Agree........

dongonzalos

They shafted Andy Thorn last season.
Admitted they caused the relegation by not replacing sold/released players.

They backed him then gave him 3 games- no loyalty there.

It goes both ways. They would not think twice about doing the same to MR

Last edited:

Greggs

I am more than happy as manager of Coventry City. [Maybe] If Manchester United came calling… but they have a manager.

I have been here for five months, so we’re getting dangerously close to the 11th-month average for Coventry managers.

But, in all seriousness, I had a meeting with some of the board on Wednesday and spoke to the owner about other things planning for the future, so that should tell you a story.

dongonzalos

I am more than happy as manager of Coventry City. [Maybe] If Manchester United came calling… but they have a manager.

I have been here for five months, so we’re getting dangerously close to the 11th-month average for Coventry managers.

But, in all seriousness, I had a meeting with some of the board on Wednesday and spoke to the owner about other things planning for the future, so that should tell you a story.

What was the paragraph above that

Users who are viewing this thread