Video MANAGER LOCKDOWN Q&A | Preview - Checkatrade or Play-Off Final (1 Viewer)

JimmyHillsbeard

Certainly gives value for money in answer to that one question....

Which of the two Wembley games meant the most to you?

we get an answer that covers among other things:-

youth development
Russell Slade
Steve Ogrizovic
Jordan Turnbull
Player recruitment
Tom Baylis
Jordan Shipley
Jack Grimmer
Last season
Bright Enobakhare
This season
Corona Virus

And much much more

skyblue1991

Oh Mark...how I've missed you you beautiful bastard.
_109191906_markrobinsrex2.jpg

skybluepm2

Running through that team from the Checkatrade trophy made me shudder. How the hell did we manage to win that game?! Haynes, Burge, Beavon, Bigi, Turnbull, Stokes playing right sided CB! It was a special day but League 2 play-off final every time for me (in hindsight anyway).

larry_david

Remember Oxford were play off chasing and we were about 15 points adrift at the bottom. It does seem a bit like destiny to kick start our revival.

As you say you look back at that team think... Geez

Legia Sky Blue

Its weird but right from the off it just felt like our day. Our support had a massive impact I think, and raised our players performance levels accordingly. The press attention focused mostly on us too, which I think filtered through to Oxford and their players in a negative way, resulting in them simply being there as bystanders, and watching us have a long overdue day in the sun.

Brighton Sky Blue

Remember Oxford were play off chasing and we were about 15 points adrift at the bottom. It does seem a bit like destiny to kick start our revival.

As you say you look back at that team think... Geez

Still don’t think we should have gone down with that squad and certainly not by such a huge margin. The results under MR kind of testified to that

Brighton Sky Blue

The inertia over managerial change cannot possibly have helped.

Mowbray messed up big time with the transfer policy so we recruitment was poor and think he recognised that soon enough but after that it just went toxic.

fernandopartridge

Running through that team from the Checkatrade trophy made me shudder. How the hell did we manage to win that game?! Haynes, Burge, Beavon, Bigi, Turnbull, Stokes playing right sided CB! It was a special day but League 2 play-off final every time for me (in hindsight anyway).

Yeah, the Oxford game was a smash n grab to a certain extent, whereas the Exeter game was a cruise.

Users who are viewing this thread