Man Utd 'fans' (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

I know they have a huge support base, but had to chuckle at how fickle some are. Bumped into one of the 'loyal' /regular shirt wearers on Saturday evening. Who have you got this weekend (knowing they hadn't played Saturday)? "Think it's Newcastle" "Home or Away?" "Don't know, I've lost all interest now"
...........pppffffffffff

ccfc92

I am loving the absolute meltdown, but the hysteria is cringey as anything.

I'm friends with someone who lives in Cov and used to go home and away to Cov games, but now he's a "die hard" Man U fan... Bizarre.

He's positive after recent results, but he's only supported them for about 6 months....

pastythegreat

I'm friends with someone who lives in Cov and used to go home and away to Cov games, but now he's a "die hard" Man U fan... Bizarre.

He's positive after recent results, but he's only supported them for about 6 months....
Sounds like all the die hard w**ps fans you see knocking about the city nowadays. Cunts!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

ccfc92

I'd love for them to get relegated. It would be hilarious.

Same here but it just simply wouldn't happen, unfortunately.

They are not one of the 3 worst teams in the PL, as much as their fans like to make out they are.

chiefdave

Hope they get relegated ;)
That would be hilaroius. Wonder how much money they'll spend in January if they look in trouble.

Its laugable that everyone could see it was just new manager bounce and some easier games falling at the right time but they got all over-excited and rushed into a long contract.

Brighton Sky Blue

That would be hilaroius. Wonder how much money they'll spend in January if they look in trouble.

Its laugable that everyone could see it was just new manager bounce and some easier games falling at the right time but they got all over-excited and rushed into a long contract.

£80 million on Maguire shows how transfer fees have lost any semblance of reality

skyblue1991

If it can happen to Leeds it can happen to Man Utd.

It happened to them in the 70s don't forget...

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

ccfc92

This just sums them up, people at my work here in Bournemouth : "oh, I've just given up on them at the moment".

Father and Son, both from Weymouth, "Die Hard Man U fans"....

ICHAN

When he took over, all the man Utd fans I worked with and know, we're hailing him as their saviour, saying I was talking shit, when I said they would soon be shit and in trouble once the euphoria of ole being their manager and the Ole bounce goes, ohh would love to be working with some of them again :)

ICHAN

Trouble is with Man Utd fans I know as well is, they still think and believe they are the biggest club still and think they have a right to be top of the league, to many egos inside the team and ole is not strong enough IMO to shape them into a team, so keep throwing money at it in the hope it helps Ole, as long as you buy Wison and Maddison before you get the vote of confidence

Covstu

I work in Manchester once a week and most of the lads are city but a small proportion are united. They are sick to death of the performances but are not over the top on olly leaving still. the plastics will be everywhere, look at how many Liverpool fans appearing again.

no_loyalty

This just sums them up, people at my work here in Bournemouth : "oh, I've just given up on them at the moment".

Are they made of plastic?

oscillatewildly

That really sums up the psyche of the 'new'/'glory hunter' football fan.
A few years ago on Talksport, a female United supporter phoned in for a whine at the current state of the club (this would have been around a season after Fergie left)
She concluded her piece by saying: "I don't buy a season ticket to watch them lose". The depth of my smile that erupted actually caused me some pain, as I recall.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd only forgive him (just) if he was under 10 years of age. Otherwise...........

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Anyone know why man city fans always leave their home games with 10 mins to go ? The ground always looks half empty before full time .

fernandopartridge

Anyone know why man city fans always leave their home games with 10 mins to go ? The ground always looks half empty before full time .
Those people are the type of fairweather fan described elsewhere in the thread, desperate to get back to the car and beat the traffic back to wherever they live (not usually the city of Manchester)

Sky Blue Harry H

Because their owners have a cash cow of a club, it's not even that important to them to be that successful. Their global fanbase is established, so they just rake in the shirt sales, merchandise etc. Provided they stay in the PL and have the odd dabble in Europe, the £££s keep coming and the owners rub their hands. They get loads for tours to Asia and America, which do nothing for the players, but keep the £££s and global brand satisfied. The owners are like a bigger scale version of Mike Ashley, and how he milks Newcastle.

clint van damme

I heard that the game against Liverpool isn't sold out. Not sure if that's true and I suspect it isn't but if it is then that is truly shocking for one of their biggest, if not their biggest game of the season.

Grendel

I heard that the game against Liverpool isn't sold out. Not sure if that's true and I suspect it isn't but if it is then that is truly shocking for one of their biggest, if not their biggest game of the season.

I met one guy yesterday whose trying to sell his ticket as he’s not supporting a team to see them lose lol

Grendel

Half half scarf included and I’ll take it

It was even more ridiculous - it was in a pub and there were these two blokes who clearly live here and we’re going together to the match and one bloke was taking the piss out the other for wanting to sell - he of course was a Liverpool fan

Users who are viewing this thread