Malky Mackay: Cov "went gung-ho in the second half" (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

"We were excellent in the first half, but then Coventry came out at us after the break as they're fighting for their lives, having one loss in eight now. They really went gung-ho in the second half, putting two at the back and pushing their fullbacks on as they couldn't get the ball before that. In honesty it took us fifteen to twenty minutes to get back into it after that again, but we did."

"We changed our shape and put some fresh legs on, as a result getting back into it and then scoring the goal. I was pleased that after changing shape ourselves we found a way to get the goal to retake the lead after they had levelled - and they were raining bombs on us towards the end and pushing everyone forward with a minute to go. Sadly we couldn't hold out for the win."

How sad. :)

If only we could start games with the 'gung-ho' formation and spirit. That's what we need from the off, in every game now City!

covcity4life

COVENTRY..............pushing everyone forward?

I DONT BELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIVE IT.-victor meldrew:D

he also said we have decent players,were not as bad as we like to think on paper,its about playing to our potential however

AFCCOVENTRY

That's what i mean...

just gung ho it till the death...

we need to start like that from the off against Pompey

Just got back...what a game!!!

First half was one of the worst displays of the season....but second half we battered them for 20 mins.

It goes to show that the position we are in, we just need to go for it...put the opposition under pressure, play with a higher tempo, and forget showing them respect.

First half, our midfield was woeful...as was Cody MacDonald.

However, I thought Jordan Clarke was outstanding as was Nimely...Macsheffrey did some great things and some completely shit ones...but he was a threat.

Well worth the trip down there.....;)

I was walking through the home fans, on the blower talking about how we saved a point blah blah...and realised that I could cop a stray one very easily...and then I turned the corner and the whole of another end was coming out...ffs...and Linnell and Eakin were asking questions which made me say things like 'that's more like it', 'we deserved a point' etc etc, which made it pretty obvious to anyone within 10 yards that I wasn't a Cardiff fan....:facepalm:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Well at least you could have had a CCFC flag with you and they'd never know! :D

Astute

I was with the Cardiff fans. Other than our late goal grabbing a point they were glad to have got a point.

Not sure if I would have got out unscathed if we won though. Saying that I am just over 6' and 16st, and was the smallest in our group of sheepshaggers.

Users who are viewing this thread