Male Volunteers Needed. (1 Viewer)

Dawnydawn

Hi there folks, Women as well as men,

we just struggle to find male volunteers and some families really need a good male role model.

Parent Mentors needed, Full Training will be given!

We are looking for volunteers who are committed, capable and non-judgmental. We ask volunteers to commit to volunteering for between 1 - 4 hours a week for at least 6 months from the time that they are matched with a family.
Anyone over the age of 18 can apply to be a CSV Parent Mentoring Project volunteer but we are particularly keen to hear from people who live or work in or around Coventry. Being a parent, grandparent or carer is an advantage in this role but it is not essential.
For more information regarding the CSV Parent Mentoring Project, or for an application form please contact dawn Carville on 02476786808, 07902131592 or [email protected]

Last edited:

Marty

Could you post up more info, like what the work would be doing etc?

Otis

Yep. "support families" is a bit vague.

I could support a family by taking their kids up the Ricoh, but that might also be considered a form of torture and wouldn't wish to get reported to Social Services.

skyblueprincess

Id be willing to help given more info , but it says male volunteers

shmmeee

If your asking for support from City fans are you OK if I turn up and boo whenever a member of the family makes a mistake?

Dawnydawn

You're probably right about torture ha ha,
support could be having a cuppa, listening, showing the family where the nearest park is for a kick around, that sort of thing.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Sounds like a really good voluntary role! Wish I could partake, but I live on the Isle of Wight :(

Users who are viewing this thread